CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:52 pm

kenmore kenmore:
Heard on the news today that the east coast is trying to recruit immigrants ...esp..Nova Scotia.. check that out...

really 8O [web]http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=7ae4d36d-c19e-4ff3-baf8-576651f15369&k=34137[/web]

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:50 pm

Maybe you should try college student exchange program?

Canadians are just like Americans, except a little different. My perception is that the people (in British Columbia) are not so different but the media and cultural artifacts (like the money) are a little different. Politics is a lot different. A Canadian with any ambition wants to get his butt to America so he can make some money. But if you just want to goof off, then Canada is good. We Americans don't know much about Canada because they are real quiet up there and they don't show up on our radar. When they move to America, they are almost impossible to detect as being Canadian unless you can pick up the "aboot" or some other dialectical twist.

When a speed limit sign on the highway says 70.. it really means about 35 miles per hour. Takes a while to get used to kilometers. And when you gas up your car... don't worry about gallons because you are going to get liters. Don't even think about taking a gun into Canada or taking fruit back to the U.S.

If you go to B.C. then it's pretty easy to run into black bear. Just give them their space.

Someone said recently that Canadians and Americans are not so different North-South but both are different East-West. So if you go from Colorado to British Columbia or Alberta, then you are in familiar territory, but learn some French language anyway, because you are going to hear a lot of it. Like when they make announcements over the PA system... you get it in both languages. Canadians repeat themselves a lot.

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:32 am

I am looking to major in Music. Compisition and percussion. Maybe perhaps do something in computer science. I grew up being told constantly if you have a degree in computer science you'll never be without work. Considering the times, this seems logical.

I'm not thinking Canada will be godly sunshine meadows of pure happyness and everything will be perfect. I just want to go around.

Fries in gravy and cheese sound AMAZING. 8O

Thanks for the info, kids.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:00 am

Ruxpercnd Ruxpercnd:
A Canadian with any ambition wants to get his butt to America so he can make some money. But if you just want to goof off, then Canada is good.
Yeah, that's why I live here - to goof off.

Go to hell.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:36 am

Ruxpercnd Ruxpercnd:
We Americans don't know much about Canada...

That's right, you don't.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:46 am

I was taught American History in grade 8.. I went to a french school.. we also took American Geography... I knew more about American Presidents than Canadian PMs at that time.. I have relatives in Vermont.. they know alot of Canada but for the most part Americans think we are living in Igloos and freezing in the dark.. had a discussion with one guy in Florida who didnt believe Canada was the second largest country in the world next to Russia for land.. I was disappointed that the university in vermont has discontinued Canadian Studies.. but then maybe we should kept the worlds best secret..

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:50 am

well mtbr I guess Calgary considered people from Newfoundland foreign worker ;)
guess the whole counrty is looking for new blood.. only thing is going on welfare in toronto should not qualify someone for entrance to Canada..