CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:45 am

Talk about convincing! Excellent post Trev.

:roll:

He took it from Wikipedia. You or I can edit wikipedia!

:lol:

W.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:49 am

tritium tritium:
Regina Regina:
....and yet tritium you're living in Canada?? Guess the grass isn't greener after all. :roll:

1. I am here for business reasons, but mainly ...

2. ...my parents won't visit me in the United States. They are pretty much anti-American, they don't like the hassel with the airlines or border crossings / 75yrs old.

So I am here for family reasons mostly.

My family are die hard Liberals, I am a die hard Republican Bush supporter gun carrying pro-American. (Living in Canada - I have my DirecTV, so everything is o.k.)
For a high roller like you, this must be a prison sentence. :?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:04 am

Canadaka Canadaka:
And since he wants to move to Vancouver, Vancouver constantly tops livability ranking. and "best place to live" rankings.

You know I love Vancouver. I use to live there and it's my favorite place in Canada to live, but...

Vancouver is considered the most expensive place in North America to live, even higher than New York City.

Also, it has the highest level of working poor in North America.
http://vancouver.indymedia.org/?q=node/2395

However, that said. Vancouver is rated the 3rd best city to live in the world, low crime rate and great transit system (personally I would say it's the best).

MichaelJ - Vancouver has a sky train, similar to the Metrorail that runs from Coconut Grove and up the coast and downtown Miami.

The Sky train which runs from North Vancouver, then by ferry you go into downtown, from there you can take the Sky train 20 miles south and a bus to the border.

MichaelJ, just remember, if you're the last American to leave Floridia, take the flag with you.

Last edited by tritium on Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:15 am, edited 4 times in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:09 am

Regina Regina:
tritium tritium:
Regina Regina:
....and yet tritium you're living in Canada?? Guess the grass isn't greener after all. :roll:

1. I am here for business reasons, but mainly ...

2. ...my parents won't visit me in the United States. They are pretty much anti-American, they don't like the hassel with the airlines or border crossings / 75yrs old.

So I am here for family reasons mostly.

My family are die hard Liberals, I am a die hard Republican Bush supporter gun carrying pro-American. (Living in Canada - I have my DirecTV, so everything is o.k.)
For a high roller like you, this must be a prison sentence. :?

YES!! Dam'it YES!!! This is killing me. Aaaaagh!!

Although, it's sorta an adventure, and after 12 years of living in the U.S. it is taking some getting use to being back in my own country.

High roller, noooooo.

Just lucky enough to have a trade to use in the Alberta Oil Patch that pays.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:19 am

$1:
We aint running out of water, and Vancouver has no hurricanes

Hurricane Freda-1962
Hurricane/typhoon/tropical storm Freda; west coast, British Columbia; typhoon Freda, or the remnants of Freda, struck the Pacific coast; the storm caused an estimated $10 million in damages to store windows, small boats, hydro-lines, and gardens; the storm caused seven deaths; winds were recorded in Victoria, on Vancouver Island, reaching sustained speeds of 74 kilometres per hour with gusts to 145 kilometres per hour.
Source: Environment Canada. The Climates of Canada. by D. Phillips, Supply and Services Canada Publishing Centre, Cat. No. EN56-1/1990E.

Hurricane Odgen-1984
Hurricane/typhoon/tropical storm Odgen; west coast, British Columbia; October 11 to 12, 1984; the storm caused the deaths of five fishermen when it rapidly and unexpectedly formed from the remnants of typhoon Odgen.
Source: International Decade for Natural Disaster Reduction, Canadian National Report. Royal Society of Canada and the Canadian Academy of Engineering, 1994

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:22 am

Hyack Hyack:
$1:
We aint running out of water, and Vancouver has no hurricanes

Hurricane Freda-1962
Hurricane/typhoon/tropical storm Freda; west coast, British Columbia; typhoon Freda, or the remnants of Freda, struck the Pacific coast; the storm caused an estimated $10 million in damages to store windows, small boats, hydro-lines, and gardens; the storm caused seven deaths; winds were recorded in Victoria, on Vancouver Island, reaching sustained speeds of 74 kilometres per hour with gusts to 145 kilometres per hour.
Source: Environment Canada. The Climates of Canada. by D. Phillips, Supply and Services Canada Publishing Centre, Cat. No. EN56-1/1990E.

Hurricane Odgen-1984
Hurricane/typhoon/tropical storm Odgen; west coast, British Columbia; October 11 to 12, 1984; the storm caused the deaths of five fishermen when it rapidly and unexpectedly formed from the remnants of typhoon Odgen.
Source: International Decade for Natural Disaster Reduction, Canadian National Report. Royal Society of Canada and the Canadian Academy of Engineering, 1994

ooops, Trev has just been OWNED!!!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:14 am

Yeah two in the last fifty years... I don't know how people survive there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:33 pm

tritium tritium:
MichaelJ MichaelJ:
Talk about convincing! Excellent post Trev. Hopefully I'll find a JOB when I land. LOL

Hopefully you're legal and not another yellow belly yankee running away from active duty.

Wow, thanks for the derogatory remark. I am a Canadian citizen.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:37 pm

Tritium writes:

MichaelJ, just remember, if you're the last American to leave Floridia, take the flag with you.[/quote]

Why? I don't think that would go over well in Vancouver, LOL.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:56 pm

Ah, Florida...

Where there is only Young and Old, no in between...

And where old fat men wear speedos, right in front of the hot beach babes. Ah, to be in Florida...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:36 am

dubyah dubyah:
[In America, we actually have freedom of speech; we do not have matriarchal fascists telling us what is appropriate to think and what is not appropriate to think.
W.

What's a martiarchal fascist?