bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:20 am

eureka eureka:
I have no intention of communicating here while those sick twits have the run of the place.

So fuck off if you're so unhappy then. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:29 am

eureka eureka:
It seems that the site has gone comatose as far as actual intelligent discussion is concerned.

You're, personally, more responsible than any other poster for whatever descent into banality has taken place around here in recent memory. You singlehandedly turned this place into an elementary school yard for several weeks. Still, when you're ready to come down off that high horse of your's, there are many of us here who'd be interested in reading your posts again. I hope you'll come back and start participating positively in the debate. But you have no one to blame but yourself for the vitriol you've attracted.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:42 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
eureka eureka:
You singlehandedly turned this place into an elementary school yard for several weeks.

I don't think that's true, Lemmy. It takes two. And the worst school yard stuff didn't come from Eureka but his opponents.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:43 am

eureka eureka:
You may call it lurking, Hyack. I look at some threads here to see whether there is information that I can benefit from. I do that with news outlets and various forums for that purpose only.

I have no intention of communicating here while those sick twits have the run of the place.

Sadly, I am not picking up too much here that is of any use. It seems that the site has gone comatose as far as actual intelligent discussion is concerned.

So why did you sign up in the first place? Nothing has changed ever since I signed up and participated here.
I would like to add tho, that I personally have never been "victim" of ridicule here either. Hmmmm, makes one wonder?

Also, I have never been bitching about the "quality of discussion" or the "level of intelligence" here. You (or anybody) are not entitled to anybody's attention, and your attempt to victimize yourself with this post falls on deaf ears.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:57 am

andyt andyt:
I don't think that's true, Lemmy. It takes two. And the worst school yard stuff didn't come from Eureka but his opponents.

I'll agree with you that others said worse than Eureka, but he instigated those reactions and responses. Eureka's like the pissed-on Afghanis from that other thread: it might be wrong, but they brought it on themselves.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:04 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
andyt andyt:

I'll agree with you that others said worse than Eureka, but he instigated those reactions and responses. Eureka's like the pissed-on Afghanis from that other thread: it might be wrong, but they brought it on themselves.

So those people bear no responsibility? Eureka has such power over them that they lose their minds? I think you're giving him too much credit here.

It's fun to unload on somebody, and Eureka made a good target. And he didn't handle it particularly well. But with the barrage he received, I'm not sure anybody on this forum would.

Those Afghanis are dead. They brought on themselves being killed. But the ones who stink now are the Marines.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:08 am

Brenda Brenda:
eureka eureka:
You may call it lurking, Hyack. I look at some threads here to see whether there is information that I can benefit from. I do that with news outlets and various forums for that purpose only.

Sadly, I am not picking up too much here that is of any use. It seems that the site has gone comatose as far as actual intelligent discussion is concerned.

So why did you sign up in the first place? Nothing has changed ever since I signed up and participated here.
I would like to add tho, that I personally have never been "victim" of ridicule here either. Hmmmm, makes one wonder?

Also, I have never been bitching about the "quality of discussion" or the "level of intelligence" here. You (or anybody) are not entitled to anybody's attention, and your attempt to victimize yourself with this post falls on deaf ears.

I've seen you on the opposing side of many on here when it comes to certain topics. The difference is, you at least argue passionately from your side. You can the vitriol and defend your position without resorting to agenda driven bullshit. Oh and on the occasions when you've been shown to be wrong, you suck it up and admit it and even at times thank the person.
Eureka on the other hand, has no issues with insulting someone's intelligence, or labelling them an "evil Conservative" or accusing them of being duped by "evil Conservatives".
You debate with passion. His posts are almost all agenda driven and it's so transparent, everyone can see it but himself.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:13 am

andyt andyt:
Lemmy Lemmy:
andyt andyt:

So those people bear no responsibility? Eureka has such power over them that they lose their minds? I think you're giving him too much credit here.

It's fun to unload on somebody, and Eureka made a good target. And he didn't handle it particularly well. But with the barrage he received, I'm not sure anybody on this forum would.

He came in here like Christ coming to cleanse the Temple. You've really gotta be trying hard to be a dick on a political forum when those on the right, left AND centre are giving you a rough time.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:29 am

That's fine. But the reaction is the responsibility of those that reacted, and they didn't come off looking too good either. And E isn't the only one that gives short shrift to the opinions of people who disagree with him, and I'm not just talking about myself here. But the real shit flinging started with his opponents.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:50 am

andyt andyt:
That's fine. But the reaction is the responsibility of those that reacted, and they didn't come off looking too good either. And E isn't the only one that gives short shrift to the opinions of people who disagree with him, and I'm not just talking about myself here. But the real shit flinging started with his opponents.

Not really, his was just more subtle and condescending.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:52 am

If that makes you feel better.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:39 pm

Well I like bloodshed and violence as much as any other Canadian. But why are all of you so proud to stomp out alternative viewpoints, inquisitive people and generally anyone new who comes here with a difference of opinion.

Like is that something to be proud of? What is the point of jerking the same group of people off over and over? Might as well start a forum where you can pick and chose the members you like, that have the same political and social view points as you, and keep everyone else out.

Like the fellow that started this thread, what is wrong with a simple question and answer – why not lend a hand or just ignore ... instead of being a bunch of rude hooligans?

You are a bunch of bullies. Seriously, everyone talks shit when some kid gets beaten or harassed or kills himself, but come into this forum with a question or a point of view and you give them a beating.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves, especially those of you smart enough to know better.

And the rest of you:

<----Neg rep here if you think I give a shit.

I’m going to smoke some kush.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:43 pm

eureka eureka:

Good of you to pop in and do a drive by whine.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:45 pm

A spammer or bullshitter is smelled from a mile away. That guy who wanted to know what sites Canadians use to look for houses for sale in Florida was bullshitting, like I pointed out in. If you think you can come in here and insult "our" intelligence, you are wrong. "We" just don't accept that crap.
There are plenty of newbies who are treated with respect and are taken seriously. I was one of them once. Why? Because you reap what you sow.

Thank you for throwing me on the pile of "bullies". You could not be further from the truth. But hey, who cares, huh?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:40 pm

I suppose I need to make one more! Just to point out that you are making my case. Even you, Lemmy, who are supposed to be a cut above this. Your anger began because I disagreed with an economic view put forward by you. You did not respond when I posted a link to a very significant study that supported both our viewpoints.

As for the rest, what a load of codswallop. There is scarcely a post I made that did not contain researched information.

The chief angst seems to have been that I refused to divulge personal information. Bart phrased it rather instructively when he demanded that I give the information so that the Ministry of Defense could be contacted to check on whether I was lying.

What extraordinary arrogance.

You all read only what you want. You screamed "lie" for every FACT I gave you that offended your personal comfort zones. Those involved are no more than a bunch of schoolyard billies threatening from behind a fence.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 9  Next