Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:56 pm

The liberals have been following a long line of genocidal policies which are ingrained in both canadian and american governments. This is the one area that changes little between the party's when they come to power. Mulroney's government followed the same stall tactics that were prominent in liberal governments. We can't read too much into the Bloc's actions, they are no different than the NDP and even conservative claims. As opposition parties when the government says 'up' it's their job to say 'down'. Obviously it's nice when they do, as usual in our *&^%ed up system the opposition has no power except to say the opposite. <br /> <br /> There are no governments or parties that can claim moral high ground when it comes to native rights. Quebec has been no better than the ROC, and from Oka we've seen them border on being worse, though 'no better' would be closer to the point. However, we have to remember that the federal government has jurisdiction here, but typically they are loath to get involved in 'incidents'-even though they are typically responsible for actions leading up to the incidents.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:33 am

[QUOTE BY= Marcarc] Quebec has been no better than the ROC, and from Oka we've seen them border on being worse, though 'no better' would be closer to the point.[/QUOTE]<br /> I obviously missed this comment. How many deaths have there been in Oka Québec, Marcarc? One (1) to be precise and it was a white police officer shot by a Native with his gun. How many deaths and who died in Ontario's Ipperwash scandal? You are quick to unearth Oka when Native issues are discussed, perhaps scandals in your own backyard would better highlight whatever it is you're trying to portray.<br /> <br /> Back to the subject of this thread. Damned English media, why is "Liberals" conveniently avoided throughout this entire column:<br /> <br /> <a href="http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20051124/RESIDENTIAL24/TPEducation/">The federal government, which unwaveringly declared for a decade it would never offer former students a comprehensive settlement package, backed down in the face of pending huge class-action suits. The federal Justice Department, which had 109 lawyers assigned to the issue, has spent nearly $90-million on litigation since 1999.</a><br /> <br /> Liberals, yes, Liberals have been fighting against recognition and compensation for this cultural genocide for over a decade and making millionaires out of their lawyer friends in the process.<br /> <br /> Residential school? Students? Why isn't it mentionned these kidnapped children were forced to wash their bodies with bleach to make their skin whiter and the countless other Federally sanctionned attrocities? No mention of cultural genocide anywhere...<br /> <br /> If any members of the media (shame on you) are reading this, I urge you to contact Monsieur Richard Kistabish. He is an educated, articulate Native and perhaps his accounts can knock some sense back into your Liberal friendly reporting.<br /> <br /> Aboriginal Healing Foundation / Fondation autochtone de guérison<br /> <br /> Monsieur Richard Kistabish<br /> <br /> <a href="http://www.ahf.ca">http://www.ahf.ca</a><br /> <br /> Tél: (613) 237-4441<br /> Fax: (613) 237-4442<br /> Sans frais: (888) 725-8886

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:01 am

Thanks for the information Samuel. <br /> <br /> This should be shouted from every rooftops that Liberals are just another opportunist party, in for the power and the money. <br /> <br /> Come on ye little Canadians, see what Santa Martin has for you in his goodie bag ! <br /> <br /> I can't believe Canadians would fall for it again and vote the bastards in once more.

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:09 am

[QUOTE BY= michou]<br /> I can't believe Canadians would fall for it again and vote the bastards in once more. [/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> My, you've a short memory. Before the Bloc, Quebec was the one voting the Liberals in. The ROC didn't have enough seats in the house to stop them. Now the swing is Ontairo.<br /> <br /> If Quebecers were to vote NDP, they would be the opposition. Klien is right, the CPC are too far right for Quebec.<br />

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:23 am

[QUOTE BY= Dr Caleb] My, you've a short memory. Before the Bloc, Quebec was the one voting the Liberals in. The ROC didn't have enough seats in the house to stop them. Now the swing is Ontairo.<br /> <br /> If Quebecers were to vote NDP, they would be the opposition. Klien is right, the CPC are too far right for Quebec.<br /> [/QUOTE]<br /> Quebecers <u>acted</u> and did what they had to do by sending the BLOC to police you Federalist criminals. No Jack, Paul or Stephen can pull a fast one over on us now.

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:48 am

[QUOTE BY= Samuel] [QUOTE BY= Dr Caleb] My, you've a short memory. Before the Bloc, Quebec was the one voting the Liberals in. The ROC didn't have enough seats in the house to stop them. Now the swing is Ontairo.<br /> <br /> If Quebecers were to vote NDP, they would be the opposition. Klien is right, the CPC are too far right for Quebec.<br /> [/QUOTE]<br /> Quebecers <u>acted</u> and did what they had to do by sending the BLOC to police you Federalist criminals.[/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> Sorry Samuel. I forgot you don't like to be reminded of the truth. It tends to make you call people names.<br /> <br /> Good rebuttal by the way! "Federalist Criminals", like being pro-Canadian is a crime, that I've somehow commited a crime by supporting a strong Canada. A simple diversionary tactic that doesn't work with me.<br /> The 'Bloc' as a police force. That's funny, a police force that takes bribes from the enemy. Real moral fiber there.<br /> <br /> Now, back to the topic at hand, please post more on this 'fallicy': <br />

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:07 am

[QUOTE BY= Dr Caleb] Sorry Samuel. I forgot you don't like to be reminded of the truth. It tends to make you call people names.<br /> <br /> Good rebuttal by the way! "Federalist Criminals", like being pro-Canadian is a crime, that I've somehow commited a crime by supporting a strong Canada. A simple diversionary tactic that doesn't work with me.<br /> The 'Bloc' as a police force. That's funny, a police force that takes bribes from the enemy. Real moral fiber there.<br /> <br /> Now, back to the topic at hand, please post more on this 'fallicy': <br /> [/QUOTE]<br /> I didn't deny what you said, however michou is absolutely right and so am I.<br /> <br /> What further information would you like to know about this 20th Century Federal Cultural Genocide? You can lookup the term <a href="http://www.answers.com/cultural%20genocide">here</a> (of which Canada is mentionned) and find more information at <a href="http://www.ahf.ca">http://www.ahf.ca</a><br /> <br /> I'll gladly answer any questions though...

Vive Moderator

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:16 am

[QUOTE BY= Samuel]<br /> I didn't deny what you said, however michou is absolutely right and so am I.<br /> <br /> What further information would you like to know about this 20th Century Federal Cultural Genocide? You can lookup the term <a href="http://www.answers.com/cultural%20genocide">here</a> (of which Canada is mentionned) and find more information at <a href="http://www.ahf.ca">http://www.ahf.ca</a><br /> <br /> I'll gladly answer any questions though...[/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> I don't disagree with you ethier. Liberal policies of Aboriginal opression went/are continuing on for too long. <br /> <br /> But as a Westerner who has never and will never vote Liberal; if the Liberals are responsible, then the voters who put them there are too. I'm simply giving credit where credit is due.<br />

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:25 am

[QUOTE BY= Dr Caleb] I don't disagree with you ethier. Liberal policies of Aboriginal opression went/are continuing on for too long. <br /> <br /> But as a Westerner who has never and will never vote Liberal; if the Liberals are responsible, then the voters who put them there are too. I'm simply giving credit where credit is due.[/QUOTE]<br /> Both Federal Conservatives and Liberals were in power between 1950 and 1960 when this Federally mandated cultural genocide was under way.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:27 am

From an American: I vote Republican because they tell you that they will screw you and do so. The Democrats tell you that they will not screw you and still screw you. Gee I wonder how this maps to the Libs and the Conservatives.