CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:25 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:

Best way to ensure they come home alive is to have a solid foreign policy, give them the gear and helicopters they need, and don't vote Liberal.

I would say that the best way not to get stung by a bee would be to avoid poking at bee hives.

Its hard to imagine how our troops would be in any more danger if they were at home.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:36 pm

oh ok, I get it now. You're one of those people that think 9/11 didn't concern Canada, that it was only an American problem. You're one of those people that can't seem to figure out the fact that the Taliban protected Bin Laden, and let him operate freely in their country.
It all makes sense now.

There will always be people who oppose wars, no matter how justified. But can you please at least realize that this NATO led invasion is good for Afghanistan and it's people. You cry foul when Native rights are infringed upon but don't give a fuck when the Afghani people are getting ass raped by their own government?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:41 pm

Tricks Tricks:
You don't understand the connection of Osama and us? Your shitting me right? Perhaps you forget something....happened what? 5 years ago. Had planes, big buildings falling down....about 3000 people died....including Canadians. What was that called again? Oh yeah, right, 9/11

That was pretty brutal and I appreciate your anger. I know I am pretty upset about that too.

I wonder how many innocent Afghanis feel the same way you and I do because a Russian or an American or a Canadian killed one of their family members, by accident or maybe because he was an enemy.

Do you think they would have the same feeling of revenge that courses through my veins when I think of 9-11?

Do you think that killing more of them will bring back the people we lost in 9-11?

Are we killing the right people, and if we are will that make us safer?

Or are we killing people (the right ones or not) and actually making things worse?

Do you think little Johnny Afghan who has no connection to these Muslim extremists likes having us in his country, shooting at people and blowing up shit?

Or maybe we are proving these extremists right? You know they say we do not care about the rest of the world and we will exploit them as much as we can as often as we can. Maybe this is what they want us to do; send our troops in and start killing people. Then we have proved them right.

Maybe the course of action should be "no, we will not engage you, we will show your own people that we will not be drawn into conflict. We will stand on the high moral ground and invite their people to join us".

Would make Osama and his buddies look pretty stupid standing in the desert all alone with no one to follow them.

But of course there is no money in peace.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:47 pm

Tricks Tricks:
How about instead we arrest the assholes who are breaking the law. Oh right....thats about 90% of them. :roll: Glad you respect these fucking morons.

Actually if the majority of Canadians supported sending in the troops then someone would have by now.

The truth is most Canadians understand that there are some outstanding issues regarding First Nations people.

And although they may not agree with the Natives at Caledonia they would rather see people negotiate then see people arrested/shot/killed.

I understand that helpless feeling you must have, seeing everything you believe in being tested by this group of people.

Label them as criminals, assholes or morons. They might be.

But pray to your god that when you are tested to stand up for what you believe in you have balls as big as these people do.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:00 pm

camerontech camerontech:
oh ok, I get it now. You're one of those people that think 9/11 didn't concern Canada, that it was only an American problem. You're one of those people that can't seem to figure out the fact that the Taliban protected Bin Laden, and let him operate freely in their country.
It all makes sense now.

There will always be people who oppose wars, no matter how justified. But can you please at least realize that this NATO led invasion is good for Afghanistan and it's people. You cry foul when Native rights are infringed upon but don't give a fuck when the Afghani people are getting ass raped by their own government?

Did you know the Taliban were supported and trained by the Americans?

I wonder how many years it will take for Canadians to be in Iraq cleaning up the mess the Americans made there.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:02 pm

Donny_Brasco Donny_Brasco:
I wonder how many innocent Afghanis feel the same way you and I do because a Russian or an American or a Canadian killed one of their family members, by accident or maybe because he was an enemy.
War is hell. It has unfortunate consequences, but you know as well as I do, there will never, ever, be a world completely without war. And when a country harbour asshats who killed Canadians and Americans, sorry, we are not going to take that laying down.

$1:
Do you think they would have the same feeling of revenge that courses through my veins when I think of 9-11?
Probably. Do you think Germans who had their fathers killed in the war felt the same way as americans and canadians?

$1:
Do you think that killing more of them will bring back the people we lost in 9-11?
Nice anti-war rhetoric. It may not bring them back, but perhaps we may be able to stop taliban activities for a while, and turn that country around.

$1:
Are we killing the right people, and if we are will that make us safer?
Yes.

$1:
Or are we killing people (the right ones or not) and actually making things worse?
Perhaps in the immediate future, but long term it is for the best.

$1:
Do you think little Johnny Afghan who has no connection to these Muslim extremists likes having us in his country, shooting at people and blowing up shit?
Do you think little Jimmy from down the street feels real nice about not growing up without a mommy or daddy? Sorry, I will be labeled a racist, bigot, asshole, whatever. But I care more about Little Jimmy more.

$1:
Or maybe we are proving these extremists right? You know they say we do not care about the rest of the world and we will exploit them as much as we can as often as we can. Maybe this is what they want us to do; send our troops in and start killing people. Then we have proved them right.
What? Sorry that didn't make too much sense. How in hell are we exploiting them? They fucking attacked the U.S. Is that not exploitation?

$1:
Maybe the course of action should be "no, we will not engage you, we will show your own people that we will not be drawn into conflict. We will stand on the high moral ground and invite their people to join us".
AKA, No we will not stand up to you, we will turn a blind eye and appease the fuck out of you. Here is my country.

$1:
Would make Osama and his buddies look pretty stupid standing in the desert all alone with no one to follow them.
And since we are there, all taliban officials are hiding in caves living off rats. They would always have survivors, they would make us out to be weak and unprotected, nice big targets.

$1:
But of course there is no money in peace.
hmmm, I thought you were going to go a whole post without mentioning money or race. Guess not.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:13 pm

But pray to your god that when you are tested to stand up for what you believe in you have balls as big as these people do.
These people aren't brave. They're fucking cowards.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:17 pm

Tricks Tricks:

These people aren't brave. They're fucking cowards.

[web]http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=coward[/web]

I'm sure your going to explain how your definition fits. Those folks have been there for three months now.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:20 pm

Tricks Tricks:
$1:

I'd sure like to know why.

Care to explain how?

If you agree that they get just as mad as we do when we see one of our own get killed, and we kill 50 to 100 times as many people as they do, then how exactly does that solve our problem?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:21 pm

Hmmmmm, perhaps coward wasn't the right word. They are definately not brave though.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:26 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Hmmmmm, perhaps coward wasn't the right word. They are definately not brave though.

Brave in Dictionary.com Brave in Dictionary.com:
1) A Native American warrior.
2) A courageous person.

You got it wrong at least twice that time!

[laughat]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:30 pm

Tricks Tricks:
$1:

I'd sure like to know why.

Care to explain how?

If you agree that they get just as mad as we do when we see one of our own get killed, and we kill 50 to 100 times as many people as they do, then how exactly does that solve our problem?
Less of them to hurt us. It will bring down morale as well.

"Killing the enemy's courage is as vital as killing his troops." -- Carl von Clausewitz

"kind hearted people might think there was some ingenious way to disarm or defeat an enemy without too much bloodshed, and might imagine this is the true goal of the art of war. Pleasant as it sounds this is a fallacy that must be exposed" -- Clausewitz, On War, page 1

"A bad peace is even worse than war." -- Tacitus

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:31 pm

Tricks Tricks:

2) A courageous person.

[laughat]
Ha, warrior. You think they are warriors? That's a laugh.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:32 pm

I'm not sure that sending the army to kick white people off of Indian land will go over too well.

But its the thought that counts. Thanks for your support IcedCap!

:lol:

:oops: I got pwned there didn't I

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:41 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Tricks Tricks:

2) A courageous person.

[laughat]
Ha, warrior. You think they are warriors? That's a laugh.

Actually some of them are. Really.

There are warriors everywhere. Its their job to protect the people.

And we do.