Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:19 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Good times, eh. :lol:

I always wondered just how effective my desk really would have been at keeping me safe had a 10 mega ton hydrogen bomb been dropped on our school. 8O

Duck and cover. [B-o]

Well, if you were living right where a bomb would hit, you're dead. It was more for those in the suburbs/rural areas to not be blinded and burned from the flash of the bomb going off. At least, that's what I got from reading through some of the info based on the Duck and Cover! stuff.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:12 pm

commanderkai commanderkai:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Good times, eh. :lol:

I always wondered just how effective my desk really would have been at keeping me safe had a 10 mega ton hydrogen bomb been dropped on our school. 8O

Duck and cover. [B-o]

Well, if you were living right where a bomb would hit, you're dead. It was more for those in the suburbs/rural areas to not be blinded and burned from the flash of the bomb going off. At least, that's what I got from reading through some of the info based on the Duck and Cover! stuff.

I doubt that the desk would have helped even then. The only thing it might have stopped is some debris when the building collapsed on top of you. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:21 pm

I think the only thought we had of the flash was getting turned into a shadow on the sidewalk....

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:09 pm

Has anyone heard of the recent hub-bub about reviving the old Avro Arrow? The PC's of the time killed it and I can only imagine the PC's of now doing it again.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:55 am

Pardon the pun but that idea will never fly. :D

To much time and technology has passed to ever catch up to besides there has been no AVRO Aircraft company since 63.

Could these be the rumours you're hearing?

http://www.avroarrow.org/rebuild.htm