bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:00 pm

kenmore wrote:
I dont think that Canadians wanted a conservative gov't ... they only gave Harper a minority... he is only hanging on to his kingdom by the grace of the Liberals...

We still have a Conservative government and Canadians chose it over the other parties.

The Liberals don't want an electon yet because they know they have enough support to win one yet.

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:32 pm

By the grace of the liberals? That's an amazing way to put it in my opinion. Very positive.

However I think you meant 'by the fear of the liberals'.

The liberals don't have the budget to go into elections. Every party but them are starting to prepare for it (anybody is receiving a letter by Layton each month? Gets annoying...). The liberals have been losing points to the Bloc and NDP in Quebec (this trend can be seen in the studies done by CROP), Dion was picked as a party leader to attract people from Quebec because he's French.

Dion and his party have been bending over and asking for more each time the conservatives challenged them.

I hope you do realize the conservatives can't wait for elections to be triggered, right?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:43 pm

you think? they are not playing into the hand of harper thats all.. they are waiting.. polls say we would end up with the same situation.. so why pull the plug... I dont know where you get your info..its the torys that are losing ground in Quebec... and if you followed the leadership convention it was a fluke Dion won.. there was no because he was french issue at all... it was a turn of delegates from another candidate that clinched it for him.. it was a total surprise.. I know I was there... and I supported Michael