canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:44 pm

bootlegga wrote:
Ahh, there's still plenty of room for immigrants. The rest a lot live below the poverty line is because our certification standards are so high (a good thing IMHO), which means people need to re-certify to practice their skill - medicine, engineer, nurse, whatever. That takes time, but many of them do re-certify and go on to do quite well. My old neighbourhood was full of immigrant families (from all over the world - China, Portugal, Ukraine, you name it) and they all just worked extra hard to get ahead.

The only thing I would change is that they should add line or two to their immigration agreement/permanent residency that requires new immigrants live somewhere other than the big 3 cities until they become Canadian citizens. If they aren't willing to agree to a clause, then then can't come to Canada, simple as that. There's thousands of others who would be willing to do so.

I don't know why you wouldn't consider poverty in Canada an issue. Sure there's poverty but the immigrants can get professional jobs. How about training some of the people that are have nots rather than giving away jobs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:01 am