CKA Forums
canadian forums
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:18 pm


im a programmer based in vancouver bc. i have my bc pnp and is preparing my papers for PR application. at the same time, i will have to reapply for a work permit extention as my current permit is about to expire.

i know it's possible for me to bring (sponsor?) my family (2 kids) to join me here in canada. then work out our permanent residence while we are already here. i understand that my wife will have a work permit that is more open that i have.


1. any idea how long the process to bring them over here would take?
2. if they're here, would the kids get the same benefit as free elementary/high school, cash subsidy for 13(?)yo and below?

thank you for any information!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Posts: 51388
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:28 pm


All you need to know is on there.

As I understood it, you can apply for a spousal permit when you apply for your workpermit.
You can bring your wife and kids now, she just can't work without a permit.

Your kids will have the same benefits as any other resident

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Powered by © phpBB.