bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:14 pm

IlovUSandCanada wrote:
Gunnair wrote:
I think they are. You're seeing a push back against the government bending over backwards to accomodate every bit of baggage some immigrants wish to bring in.

I have always been very pro-immigration. If the Irish got in, the Ukranians got in, the Italians got in and the British and French got in why can't the Indians and Chinese get in?

People forget, younger people, that when the Ukranians, the Italians and the British and the French came the country was doing well, was ahead of the entire world. Now in the global economy the country is struggling to absorb more people and there's growth in low paying jobs to do it. Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver are compromised socially as a result. If you leave the issue to the politicians they will just abuse it.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:24 pm

I don't understand why the author of topic is so against religion, they believe in what do they want, they don't touch you, if you're against their look or way to live, it looks like racism.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:06 am

Brenda wrote:
andyt wrote:
So this guy was somebody's wife? Talk to any non-skilled worker around, male or female. Chances are you won't be able to communicate. That's probably one reason they're taking those jobs - they can't speaka da language.

If the company doesn't really need anybody, would rather leave the position open, that's their choice.

As for small towns, all that's needed there are doctors or others on govt pay roll. Some resource industry town hit hard by the recession doesn't need a flood of immigrants to fill jobs. Just the few that our government should be training Canadians for instead.

Do you actually read?
As a skilled worker, you need to know the language. Partners don't. As for as far a work permit goes, unskilled jobs do not qualify.
So, he probably is a refugee. Its not hard, really...

I do read. See my other post about immigration. 18% of immigrants are in the skills class.

I doubt you have too many immigrants in podunkville. But in Vancouver there are tons of people from India, China and Phillipines that don't seem to speak an English - they're not all refugees, bet most aren't. You're just kidding yourself.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:11 am

herbie wrote:
WTF? The city of Prince George didn't build any freaking mosque! Or any other church either.
And 90% of the immigrant doctors are from South Africa around here. Jeez if anyone around here walked down the street in a bhurka then traffic would stop dead while everyone wondered if the damn circus was in town.
Everyone's free to build their own church, worship whatever crap they want to and lust over their favorite orifice.
You can even make one up out of thin air like Kwanza if you're loonie enough.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/03/16/bc-prince-george-muslims-mosque.html

My bad, they only gave them a sweetheart deal on the land.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:39 am

andyt wrote:
Brenda wrote:
andyt wrote:
So this guy was somebody's wife? Talk to any non-skilled worker around, male or female. Chances are you won't be able to communicate. That's probably one reason they're taking those jobs - they can't speaka da language.

If the company doesn't really need anybody, would rather leave the position open, that's their choice.

As for small towns, all that's needed there are doctors or others on govt pay roll. Some resource industry town hit hard by the recession doesn't need a flood of immigrants to fill jobs. Just the few that our government should be training Canadians for instead.

Do you actually read?
As a skilled worker, you need to know the language. Partners don't. As for as far a work permit goes, unskilled jobs do not qualify.
So, he probably is a refugee. Its not hard, really...

I do read. See my other post about immigration. 18% of immigrants are in the skills class.

I doubt you have too many immigrants in podunkville. But in Vancouver there are tons of people from India, China and Phillipines that don't seem to speak an English - they're not all refugees, bet most aren't. You're just kidding yourself.

Dunno, but I thought it was mentioned that the small towns had to solve the problem by taking in the immigrants that the big cities cant handle...
Refugees aint immigrants either.

Imo, they should cut the familyclass alltogether. You can bring your partner and your kids immediatlely or not. Simple.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:00 am

I don't know who these people are that bring in their spouce and children later. My understanding is that this is the main part of the family class move. My wife says it's present immigrants that adopt a nephew or niece and that and bring them to Canada, various angles.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:49 am

In the US, if you can get across the border without being caught.
You are home free.
If you (father/mother) have a child born here, it is a citizen.
The US will not deport families with dependents and instant new
citizens.
The law does not say this. But, our government simply turns its head in the cases we see here in Indiana.
Now. if these people came over legally I would buy them a cup of coffee and invite them over for a meal.
They should have to wait in line as did my friends from Ireland
and Hamilton Ontario.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:44 am

angler57 wrote:
In the US, if you can get across the border without being caught.
You are home free.
If you (father/mother) have a child born here, it is a citizen.
The US will not deport families with dependents and instant new
citizens.
The law does not say this. But, our government simply turns its head in the cases we see here in Indiana.
Now. if these people came over legally I would buy them a cup of coffee and invite them over for a meal.
They should have to wait in line as did my friends from Ireland
and Hamilton Ontario.

The USA actually has two streams of immigrants, the legal ones and the illegals. Congress is at fault, things like e-verify for employers to determine if a person is a citizen are available but they do not have to be used. So actually the illegals are Congress' baby. It's all somewhat anti-social, but the Congress men and women aren't actually that sophisticated.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:07 am

Ya know, my grandmother barely spoke English. My grandfather, a little better because he worked alongside everyone in the mines, then owned a store and pool hall and had to deal with everyone, not just those who knew his own language.
My Dad was perfectly bilingual, and learned German during the war years to help our efforts.
I'm unilingual English, couldn't carry on a conversation with the immigrants of my grandparent's generation if they were still around today. Grew up in East Van and Burnaby and was used to my friends' parents thick accents.
To this very day, I have to deal with people in the tech field and have to deal with ordering figh hunna gig hodd dlighs, ceedees, and muddabo's. I get pissed at my staff's intolerances when they just hand over the phone and whine 'I can't understand this fucking guy'. Who's gonna order when I'm on vacation?
Even up North here, I get customers coming in with thick German, Finnish, Norwegian accents. Sometimes with their Windows installation in their language. I have to patiently sit with them and figure out what an option says if it's not simple (with Next, Apply, or Okay always in the same spot)
Make a bloody effort. We're all immigrants here, someone had to for all of us once.

As for religion, the tenants are all the same the dogma and ritual all bloody stupid and don't impose yours on me. Celebrate the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus because they're just holidays and we can't have 365 of them and have to be retarded to give the ones we have up!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:28 am

PostFactum wrote:
I don't understand why the author of topic is so against religion, they believe in what do they want, they don't touch you, if you're against their look or way to live, it looks like racism.

This type of response is a real problem.

The people that are against the burka don't care where they came from, we don't care what religon they practice, the burka has nothing to do with religon. But lets say for the sake of argument it does.

We don't care.

To us its a sign of female subjugation, it's a sign they are closing themselves from the rest of us and want nothing to do with us. Tons of security reasons why these things are a problem. We don't live such a society. So its ok to stand up for that and say we don't like it. They know it makes the rest of us uncomfortable but yet they don't give a shit about how we live, to me that's a big fuck you to the rest of us.

Nothing racist or biggotted about that, when you stand up for the way people in your culture interact with each other on a day to day basis.

Is it really that much to ask of these people, please don't leave your house in a tent. That's not how we roll in the west.

Just say no to the Taliban dress code.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:17 pm

Canada is well on it's way to this!

> Let me see if I've got this right ¦
>
> IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD
LABOUR.
>
> IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.
>
> IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT
>
> IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.
>
> IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM
AGAIN.
>
> IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND
YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.
>
> IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL
PRISON TO ROT.
>
> IF YOU CROSS THE THAI BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE IMMEDIATELY DEPORTED AFTER
A SPELL IN THE MONKEY HOUSE.
>
> IF YOU CROSS THE BRITISH BORDER ILLEGALLY; YOU GET A JOB, A DRIVERS
LICENSE, SOCIAL INSURANCE CARD, MONEY FROM SOCIAL SECURITY, FOOD STAMPS,
CREDIT CARDS, SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE, FREE EDUCATION AND
FREE HEALTH CARE.

>
> Good Day and welcome to a brand new edition of . . .. 'ASYLUM'.
> Today's program features another chance to take part in our exciting
competition:
> HIJACK AN AIRLINER
> and win
> A COUNCIL HOUSE !
> We've already given away hundreds of millions of pounds and thousands of
dream homes, courtesy of our sponsor,
> The British Taxpayer...
> And don't forget, we're now the fastest growing game on the planet.
>
> Anyone can play, provided they don't already hold a valid British
Passport, and you only need one word of English:
> 'ASYLUM'
> Prizes include all-expenses-paid accommodation, cash benefits starting at
£180 a week and a chance to earn thousands more begging, mugging, burgling
and accosting drivers at traffic lights.
> This competition is open to everyone buying a ticket or stowing away on
one of our partner airlines, ferry companies or Euro star.
>
> No application ever refused - reasonable or unreasonable. All you have to
do is destroy all your papers and remember the magic password:
> 'ASYLUM'
> A few years ago, 140 members of a Taliban family from Afghanistan were
flown Goat Class from Kabul to our international gateway at Stansted where
local law enforcement officers were on hand to fast-track them to their
luxury £200-a-night rooms in the fabulous four star Hilton Hotel.... They
joined tens of thousands of other lucky winners already staying in hotels
all over Britain ......
> Our most popular destinations also include the White Cliffs of Dover and
the world famous Toddington Services area, in Historic Bedfordshire.
>
> If you still don't understand the rules, don't forget, there's no need to
phone a friend or ask the audience . .. .
> Just apply for legal aid.
> Hundreds of lawyers, social workers and counsellors are waiting to help -
for FREE !
> It won't cost you a penny. And . .. .
> It could change your life forever.
> So play today.
>
> Iraqi terrorists, Afghan dissidents, Albanian gangsters,
pro-Pinochetactivists, anti-Pinochet activists,
> Kosovan drug-smugglers, Tamil tigers,
> bogus Bosnians, Rwandan mass murderers, Somali guerrillas...the list is
endless EVERYONE IS WELCOME - INCLUDING ALL YOUR OWN WIVES AND CHILDREN
> COME ON DOWN !
>
> Get along to the airport !
> Get along to the lorry park !
> Get along to the ferry terminal !
> Don't stop in Germany or France ! All European countries will willingly
speed you on your way !
> Come straight to Britain
> And you are:
> **** GUARANTEED ****
> to be one of tens of thousands of lucky winners in the easiest game on
earth..
> Everyone's a winner, when they play
> 'ASYLUM'
> PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO EVERY TAXPAYER YOU KNOW !

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:59 pm

XD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:48 pm

I agree with you on religion. Religion should be a private affair. Pray to whichever God you like (or don't believe in one) in your own home and don't impose your religion on anyone else.

martin14 wrote:
andyt wrote:
poquas wrote:
That’s a tough call. I’m atheist so I don’t accept any religion as rational, however I think people can worship anything they want as long as it doesn’t impose on anyone one else in any way and it’s not illegal in any form.

Specifically with immigration, I approve of multiculturalism in its intent, however not in how it’s been implemented. Huge concentrations of a new culture in any city is asking for problems. East Indians in the Fraser Valley, Chinese in Richmond and Markham, Somali in Ottawa, Haitians in Montreal, etc. This creates ghettos. People living there are hesitant to go outside of their areas and people are uncomfortable going to a part of their city that’s become foreign. Creating rules that if you immigrate to Canada will require you to live in a small town in the middle of nowhere might help. I honestly don’t know how to solve it now.

Except that's illegal - we don't have internal controls of movement. And what would those immigrants do for work in those small towns in the middle of nowhere, and where would they all live, go to school etc?

We need an immigration policy that actually matches immigrants with jobs. As people have suggest on this forum, including myself, let immigrants start off on temporary work visas. Then, if they've kept their noses clean for 5 years and are successful here, they can become landed immigrants, and after another 10 years become Canadian citizens. But with the recent downturn we've had, we should be allowing very few immigrants, it just makes no sense to be importing people into a weak job market. We should spend more effort training and retraining Canadians before we look outside the country.

Actually thats not a bad idea, matching immigrants with jobs, with the
big cities being off limits to the program.
That way, new arrivals have a chance to settle into their new community, with a job.
By the time they get PR status, the pull of the ghetto will be much less.

And cancel family class.

As far as religion goes, we opened the door with Catholic schools.
Those doors should be closed for all now.
Religion should be a private thing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Vanina wrote:
I agree with you on religion. Religion should be a private affair. Pray to whichever God you like (or don't believe in one) in your own home and don't impose your religion on anyone else.

As far as religion goes, we opened the door with Catholic schools.
Those doors should be closed for all now.
Religion should be a private thing.
[/quote]

Do support modifying the national anthem as well as ending religious holidays like XMas and Easter?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:30 pm

lol