Should we stay or go?
Yes we should stay past 2009 if needed.  84%  [ 72 ]
No we should be gone by 2009.  16%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 86

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:27 am

I was watching the news today and the leader of the opposition (Dion) seemed firmly set on that Canada should discontinue its operations in the southern province of Kandahar by 2009. I was just wondering what do the rest of you think of this move? Should we stay there? Should we move? Should we leave the country all together? Should we continue our combat operations past 2009?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:35 am

[youtube width=425 height=350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8iazBI6tMg[/youtube]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:23 pm

grainfedprairieboy grainfedprairieboy:
{video}

Does anyone know why she was executed? Show of hands?

Her daughter killed her husband with a hammer because he was raping the young girl.

After the mother was executed, both her children were sold into sex slavery by the Taliban.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:27 pm

Stay.

If Dion wants us to leave, he can go shove it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:30 pm

Stay.

We may be there for 50 years or more.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:38 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
grainfedprairieboy grainfedprairieboy:
{video}

Does anyone know why she was executed? Show of hands?

Her daughter killed her husband with a hammer because he was raping the young girl.

After the mother was executed, both her children were sold into sex slavery by the Taliban.

Personally I would call it "murdered" rather then executed. The freedom and opportunity we have brought to millions of women alone is worth risking my life over let alone the long list of achievements that include schools, clean water, democracy and security. We should be filled with pride as a nation for what we have helped to accomplish and ignore the liberals who advocate cowardice and dishonour to both those who’ve served and our country itself all in the name of political expediency.

After listening to Dion bleat on about retreating in 09 (look for a Spanish type election attack thanks SD) I think of how Harper said Canada doesn’t cut and run when the going gets tough.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:11 pm

Stay.
Someone has to do it and Canada has the balls to do it.

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:20 pm

STAY :!:

This is an excerpt from the introduction part of an actual Al-Qaeda training manual :

----------

In the name of Allah, the mercyfull and compassionate - PRESENTATION

The confrontation that we are calling for with the West does not know debates, ideals, and diplomacy. But it knows the dialogue of bullets, the ideals of assassination, bombing, and destruction, and the diplomacy of the cannon and machine-gun.

Islamic governments have never and will never be establishedthrough peaceful solutions and cooperative councils. They areestablished as they always have been :

- by pen and gun

- by word and bullet

- by tongue and teeth

----------

This a fight for civilisation !

GROUP_AVATAR
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:52 pm

I wish there was another option to the poll , something like .... "to early to say yet and I left my crystal ball/crack bong in my other pair of pants and cant predict the future"

Two years is too far away to start talking about this IMO. I say in one year we should start having discussions about it , tracking progress. So far our mission is clear, provide security to the fledgling government, help them get established, protect civilians, protect women, help rebuild and most importantly kill any fucker who tries to get in the way of it. ...... All this in the end so that we can just send a message to the nutjobs of the world, think twice before you decide to hijack a couple of airplanes next time.

In the end we stay until the job is done.

IMO I think Dion is just trying to upstage the NDP or distance himself from the lunatic fringe because I read that the NDP wanted to table a motion this week to pull our troops out of combat operations immediately in Afghanistan. Hasn't been tabled yet I presume ?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:07 pm

Stay.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:18 pm

Stay.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:21 pm

What's the use?
You can't possibly win! You might aswell write a big ass check and burn it right now if you chose to prolong this. 50 years? What the hell. Is Canada a colonial power all of a sudden?
Terrorists?! Give me a fucking break. Those aren't terrorist you are fighting and killing! Those are the same folks america proclaimed as freedome fighters back when the good 'ol Soviet Union was playing cowboys in the desert. The C.I.A training them, learning them how to make bombs and such.
Reality check people!!!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:56 pm

OPP OPP:
What's the use?
You can't possibly win! You might aswell write a big ass check and burn it right now if you chose to prolong this. 50 years? What the hell. Is Canada a colonial power all of a sudden?
Terrorists?! Give me a fucking break. Those aren't terrorist you are fighting and killing! Those are the same folks america proclaimed as freedome fighters back when the good 'ol Soviet Union was playing cowboys in the desert. The C.I.A training them, learning them how to make bombs and such.
Reality check people!!!

Well said, bravo. I voted to leave. I have attended meetings of the Canadian Peace Alliance, they say similar things. An odd mixture of people there, every political party is represented. There was one professor who teaches at the University of Winnipeg who is an immigrant from Israel. There was also one Palestinian and one Lebanon immigrant who got rather militant during the Israeli invasion of Lebanon. Those two got rather vocal about "we will win"; I don't think they quite get the concept of peace. However, all Canadian borne members do get it: peace through peace, not war.

OPP is right, the Taliban evolved from the Mujahideen. The United States lost the War in Vietnam, the Soviet Union lost Afghanistan. Same reason. Why do you think this current war in Afghanistan will be any different? I've tried to say all along, Al Qaeda attacked the US, our ally, so go in big and take them out quick, then get the hell out of Afghanistan. Since Al Qaeda training camps are dispersed, rooting them out is now a police action, not military.
WDHIII WDHIII:
STFU

Tsk, tsk! Such language! And directed to such a beautiful woman. Shame on you.

Hmm! A guy with an icon picture of a woman. :x

Last edited by Winnipegger on Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:16 pm

OPP OPP:
Those aren't terrorist you are fighting and killing! Those are the same folks america proclaimed as freedome fighters back when the good 'ol Soviet Union was playing cowboys in the desert. The C.I.A training them, learning them how to make bombs and such.
Reality check people!!!

Here's a reality check for you, IF they were freedom fighters back then, where do you get the gall to claim that the American government still labels them as freedom fighters today post 911 ?

Is this all due to an evil plan in the making for the past 20 years ? is that it ?