Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:26 am

My boyfriend just got back from the field, it was really great to see him. Now I have one question for you miltary guys why is it that when you get from an exercise you feel the need to have to drink all the time and use the field as an excuse? Another question I have jsut to men in general is what do you guys have to spend hours and hours on computers? Is it so hard to spend time with your spouse or girlfriend? I dunno maybe it's just my boyfriend...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:49 am

I can only answer from my point of view I'm afraid. When we go to the field in the CF, we go "dry", no booze and no sexual stuff (some people go out with their other halves). So when we get back, if we had a hard go, then we want a few drinks to calm the nerves, so to speak. I don't know what your BF does, but in my trade we are super busy all the time in the field and there are lots of times I wanted to be numb. I don't know if your BF drinks when he isn't out of not. Maybe he is an addict that can't have anything when he's out.

Can't really talk about the computer thing though. I spend my fair share of time on the computer at home, but so does the wife.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:05 am

Because most of the CF are alchocolics? I'v yet to meet another non drinker in my career.

And the computer question is easy, it's entertainment and is one sided in the exchange. We don't need to stop and wait for the computer to finish talking, or listen to what it wants*.

*Most of the time.