Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:40 am

In the next few days Aerosmith will announce it new front man replacing Steve Tyler. I simply HAD to pass this information received today! He is a Canadian from West Quebec, our very own Ricky Paquette has been moving forward in his music career these past 6 mths.This certainly explains why we at the Ottawa Blues Society never heard back from his "Manager" to confirm his application for our Road to Memphis last Sept/09. We were told he was too busy with touring. He went to Afghanistan to play for our troops and then resurfaces the night Elwood Blues brought him on stage to showcase & endorse him during the Down Child Blues @ NAC gig last Dec! Just look at what he's up to now! Seriously!? New Aerosmith front man?! Yikes! Gotta have balls to take this one on! No wonder the "name change". Let's hope Ricky NEVER turns away from his first passion... The Blues! For those who DO appreciate rock.... ya gotta give a listen!

Quote from Feb 4th, Press Release from Alexandre Petit (Viree Blues Boreale)
$1:
But first, let’s set the record straight. Some of you may have heard of
a certain /Ricky Laurent/, an artist from the Outaouais to take over
from Aerosmith’s lead singer! Well, it is indeed the same Ricky. He will
very soon be leading two very promising careers: He will be /Ricky
Laurent/, a promising rock artist, and will also carry on as the youngest Blues legend to this day, from Quebec, he who was always
welcome in the past and who we expect to welcome often again at /*Viree
Blues Boreale*/: The one and only *Ricky Paquette*. With his high
voltage catching energy, his impeccable technical ability and his
versatility, Ricky never turns away from his first passion, the Blues,
which earned him multiple prestigious prizes, the recognition from his
peers and, most importantly, from his public.

http://www.rickypaquette.com <http://www.rickypaquette.com>
Audition for Aerosmith

Hope you get a kick out of this intel. OH AND DO REMEMBER WHERE IT CAME FROM!

Your own BluesBud

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:25 pm

8O WTF, last I heard Aerosmith was staying with Tyler!

Blues Bud, get your hands on the Aerosmith album "Honkin on Bobo". For a stadium rock band, they are about as blues influenced as you can get. 8)

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:44 pm

:rock: :rock:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:47 pm

Regina Regina:
:rock: :rock:

Yea! Not bad eh?
Was not a believer before watching that video... but I'd pay to see that concert!

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:08 pm

I heard another big name singer who was thinking of playing with them....but I can't remember who it was just now. :evil:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Robair Robair:
8O WTF, last I heard Aerosmith was staying with Tyler!

Blues Bud, get your hands on the Aerosmith album "Honkin on Bobo". For a stadium rock band, they are about as blues influenced as you can get. 8)
Yep the boys do know their Blues. It makes Ricky a good fit. Not a Tyler clone but can do the songs justice and they can explore some other routes.

BTW this site that sells Aerosmith tickets shows the same Vid. A little more proof the announcement is forth coming?

http://www.aerosmithtickets.us/Video.as ... ky_Laurent

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:12 pm

8) 8) 8) 8)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:15 pm

Regina Regina:
I heard another big name singer who was thinking of playing with them....but I can't remember who it was just now. :evil:
I had heard that too. That's why this is so surprising to me. I have this on good authority though. I know somebody in the know on this. I can not go into any details since I can not deluge my source. Suffice it to say I am in the loop in the Blues community in Ottawa\Gatineau and I have followed Ricky's playing for some time.

Last edited by BluesBud on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:18 pm

I figured you had an inside scoop and believe it's more accurate than some entertainment gossip. Kind of how I get my NHL scoops I guess. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:22 pm

Oh I like him Mr. Blue! :D [B-o]

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:51 pm

A young guy who has been playin' Blues solo since 13. A hard rockin' Blues virtuoso guitar phenom wowing people with wicked covers of Stevie Ray Vaughn. AND he is Canadian :rock: .

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:28 pm

Aerosmith, with Steven Tyler, announces European tour

$1:
After talk of Aerosmith lead singer Steven Tyler leaving Aerosmith, the band has apparently reconciled and, on February 24, announced plans to tour Europe

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:33 pm

How about they just announce their retirement? I don't think they've aged particularly well, nor were they ever my idea of a top name act. Steven Tyler got picked in a Mick Jagger lookalike contest. I'll take the real thing, musically speaking.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:41 pm

andyt andyt:
How about they just announce their retirement? I don't think they've aged particularly well, nor were they ever my idea of a top name act. Steven Tyler got picked in a Mick Jagger lookalike contest. I'll take the real thing, musically speaking.

Wait, what? You are saying the stones are better musicians than Aerosmith??

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:48 pm

Robair Robair:
andyt andyt:

Wait, what? You are saying the stones are better musicians than Aerosmith??

Yes. Or more accurately, I much prefer their music.