CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:19 pm

This guy is crazy!!

airtap

percusienfa

Biography from his website, http://www.erikmongrain.com :

$1:
Erik is a young self-taught guitarist and composer, 26 years old, born in Montreal, has been playing guitar since the age of 14.

He was mainly interested in sports, had never played guitar, but began to pick it up by ear. After incursions into Metallica and Jimmy Hendrix, his first real inspiration began with Kurt Cobain and Nirvana.

After playing electric guitar for four years, he discovered Bach and began his classical acoustic period. Since he had learned to play the guitar, he decided to teach himself to read music.

About the age of 18, he came to a crossroads, when he heard a CD by guitarist Don Ross. “This was a new revelation to me. I finally found my niche”

After Don Ross, he made another and even more decisive discovery, which changed everything in his short musical life; Michael Hedges.
It was during this period that he began to experiment with a technique that he had never known: “lap tapping” and adopted it immediately.”

Erik Mongrain has been a unique musical performer since the age of 18.

Erik earns a living from his music in every possible venue: metro musician, street musician, and public musician in Europe and United States.

A musician who strums and taps his original compositions on a guitar laid flat down. This great blend of sounds from around the world is no run of the mill music.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:54 pm

Only thing I can say is WOW