bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:19 am

Has anyone heard Avril Lavigne? If so what do you think? anyone else out there like her? I think she's great, and has potential to go far.

Anyone have the new Hip CD? i Havn't had a chance to buy it yet... yah i know sad eh :(
But i will soon, just wanna see some other peoples impressions on it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 9:01 pm

I haven't heard her, but I've heard <i>of</i> her. According to my drama/dance teacher, she's got potential.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 5:32 am

I'm surprised that there are those who have not heard of Avril Lavigne by now. Her hit song 'Complicated' is all over the radio and MuchMusic.

I have a number of friends, inlcing myself, who would agree that Avril has great talent. And at her young age, she is only going to improve.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:38 am

Heh, I'm not that big into music anyway... lol, but I do get hooked on easily. If I like a song, I keep playen it over and over again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:30 am

Im sorry to burst your bubble, but Avril is the Canadian Britney Spears. She comments that shes "punk" yet her music is poppy, and well shes a "walking contradiction", http://www.recroommagazine.com/articles/avril.htm, that article pretty much sums it up :lol:

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 11:53 am

I would tend to disagree with that statement, as she has a look and style uniquely hers. While I know men in the late twenties-early thirties who would probably only watch a Britney Spears video with the mute on, these same men have no problem listening or even singing along to Avril when she is on the radio. I'd say they have a different appeal.

Just my two cents.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:47 am

Avril Kicks Ass! :twisted:
enough said

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 10:19 am

but thats just my opinin :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 8:38 am

shes good...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:50 am

i think she is grate wot u on about i love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 9:30 pm

it cool

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 6:09 am

I met her (briefly) at a bar on a trip to NY about a year ago, she was pretty cool, a bit wild, not that thats a bad thing ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:11 pm

Avril Lavigne may have somewhat poppy sound but in know way is she a Canuck BS. She's got much more personality and dimension plus her music is saying the same thing each time.

In response to the TTH portion of the post Violets GOOOOD but not so much radio playing stuff.