Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:35 am

Is there still any interest in a Blues/Soul/Jazz show on CKA Radio? I will restart the "Blues Bud's Juke Joint" if it is a benifit to the site.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:56 am

Thanx about the kind word on my past attemts on CKA Radio. I hope to be dedicated enough to do a regular gig. I was also plagued with glitches. I will try again soon.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:04 am

HELLO CANADA!!

Just wanted to say hi from the Delta in Mississippi. Clarksdale, MS to be exact.

I have the pleasure of touring in your beautiful Country back in August, and i really must say"CANADA KICKS ASS"

Hope you guys will give a listen to my songs.
http://www.daddyrich.net

Thanks, and i'll see you all around on the forum.

-Daddy Rich
www.daddyrich.net

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:03 pm

2006 MAPLE BLUES AWARDS VOTE NOW!
Congratulations to local bandleader JW-Jones for the nomination of his latest CD, "Kissing in 29 Days"

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:41 pm

Bumpin' this again to support Canadian Blues

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:36 am

I forgot to mention, that SUPER CHIKAN will be the opening Act for Steven Seagal overseas Jan-Mar. of 2007.

I Daddy Rich have been whoopin the bass for Chikan for a while. I believe he is going over there alone this time. Let's all hope he makes it back home safely.

and while i'm here, man......Canada just really kicks alot of ass...that's all i can say. It's not even funny how much ass it kicks. It kicked my ass, it kicked everyone's ass that i know and it WILL kick your ass if you visit.

GO CANADA!!!!!

-Daddy Rich

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:53 pm

I am famillar with SUPER CHIKAN. He is yet an other of the unsung road warriors of the blues. Well worth checking out live if any of you get the chance. Other hand I have not caught Seagal play other than a couple of clips from his website. Seem to me as a new artist in the blues the line up should be the other way around. I guess the "bigger name" got top billing.

So tell me Rich is Seagal the real deal?

Attachments:
SuperChikan-Picture.jpg
SuperChikan-Picture.jpg [ 23.57 KiB | Viewed 503 times ]
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:07 pm

God bless Google I found a better one! Watch it Rich, never know where those pic turn up.

Attachments:
superchikandaddyrichkennedy.jpg
superchikandaddyrichkennedy.jpg [ 100.55 KiB | Viewed 496 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:14 pm

Howdy again.

Yeah that's a cooler pic (since i'm in it :) )

Me and Chikan there outside of the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C. right across from the famous Watergate Hotel.

As for Seagal, i couldn't give an opinion. I honestly haven't heard a note of his stuff. I agree that the lineup should be the other way around, but we all know that in this world, the man with the most $$$$$ always (well almost always) gets the attention.

Maybe the guy (Seagal) really is great. But i could doubt that he's paid half of the dues that Super Chikan has. Anyway, at least Chikan will get a lot of exposure from doing this and maybe Seagal will peel off a few thousand dollar bills (but i doubt that, i've learned that most of these rich people got rich for the reason of NOT giving away money and helping others) and help Chikan get his career jumpstarted.
HEY STEVEN, if you're reading this, hook the Chikan up man. It's just pocketchange for you stars right?????

I know that things aren't always what they seem. Sometimes you can be hugely famous and not have much $$$. It's how the BIZ works. My name is Daddy Rich but right now i SURE don't feel too rich. I'm trying to figure out how to pay all the bills i have coming up this month (like all of us i'm sure)

But yeah, if everyone on here hasn't already, check out Super Chikan. He kicks ass just like Canada.
You can find a link on my site daddyrichdotcom

later everyone,
-DR

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:46 pm

Here is a heads up on a great Ottawa local making a return trip out your neck of the woods. Trevor Finlay is a great talent with a sence of humor. If you get out for an evening at any of these venues, you have a promice from the BluesBud that it will be a fun entertaining night.

Head's Up - TFB on tour
The Trevor Finlay band will be making a long overdue appearance in Western Canada coming up real soon - starting next week!

Right after Christmas, Trevor and the guys commence rocking Edmonton right through till New Year's, then stops in Red Deer, Edson, Calgary and Quebec City...... Is there no end to the madness?

No. No there is not.

Dec. 26-31 - Blues On Whyte
Edmonton, AB
Call 780-439-3981 for tickets! They're already going fast!

Jan. 5/6 - The Vat
Red Deer, AB

Jan. 9/10 - Castaway's
Edson, AB

Jan. 13 - The Red Onion
Calgary, AB

Jan. 19 - Centre d'Art Lachapelle
Quebec City, QC
Ticket information will be available on the TFB website soon!

http://www.trevorfinlay.com/

Attachments:
TrevFin_x3_reduced50%.JPG
TrevFin_x3_reduced50%.JPG [ 22.52 KiB | Viewed 464 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:04 pm

I have a new EP and a previous CD if anyone would like a copy to play on the R-A-D-I-O

email me on daddyrich DOT com

Also, just finished recording a new CD with the Super chikan

I think that Sue Folley was playing at MAx Blues in Carleton when i was playing there. does that sound right????

HAVE A NICE DAY, and keep on kicking ASS

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:28 am

Sad news this holiday season for Canadian blues fans

CANADIAN BLUES LEGEND PASSES
With the passing of Dutch Mason, Canada has lost the Prime Minister of the Blues and one of our most important blues pioneers.
www.dutchmason.com

CBC Report

CTV Report

Attachments:
File comment: Duchie in performance & inset recieving The Order of Canada
Dutch  Mason PM of the Blues.JPG
Dutch Mason PM of the Blues.JPG [ 44.81 KiB | Viewed 423 times ]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:39 am

Howdy,

I'm VERY Sorry to hear the misfortune above. My condolances.

( Daddy Rich )here's an update from deep down south.

Super Chikan will be heading oversea with Steven Segal tomorrow. And i believe Steven is doing a couple of kick off shows in Ottawa or somewhere up there. Might even be today. I think he had a website

I just finished my new EP. the full length album will follow shortly. If anybody wants one it's $5 U.S.D. so i can't remember how much that is Canadian.

I hope i can make it back up there. My favorite festival " MAXIMUM BLUES "
Might be done for. They are having problems with financial backing with the banks and will have to stop the fest.

And they have always paid back the banks. It's a shame. If you are reading this and you are filthy RICH. Then go help those guys. Loan them a little $$$$$$ and go to the fest, sit by the beach and watch volleyball and blues!!!

later everyone

-Daddy Rich
DaDdYrIcH.CoM

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:53 pm

This is a BIG WEEKEND in Canadian Blues!

3rd BLUES SUMMIT and CANADA's BLUES AWARDS
Blues Summit III
Delta Chelsea Hotel, 33 Gerard Street West, Toronto ON
Saturday to Monday, January 13-15, 2007

Canada's essential blues meeting, the Blues Summit III will feature two nights of showcases, a keynote brunch, and numerous panels and receptions. Past conferences have been a remarkable opportunity for networking, discovery, inspiration, and education. This Summit will feature panel discussions with industry experts on topics ranging from Blues Festivals and Societies Roundtable discussions, Blues in the Schools, professional development opportunities for artists, and Blues in the Digital World. Representatives from blues festivals, societies, labels and media and musicians and fans from across Canada, the United States, and Europe will be in attendance.

For further info, check out the website at www.torontobluessociety.com or contact the Toronto Blues Society at 416-538-3885 or 1-866-871-9457

The Blues Summit Finale "The Maple Blues Awards"
Mod Club Theatre, 722 College Avenue, Toronto ON
Monday, January 15, 2007 @ 8 pm; tickets $28 ($20 for TBS members)

This year marks the 10th anniversary of the national awards program and their efforts in promoting and recognizing outstanding achievement in blues music. To honour this special occasion ten feature performers from across the country have been invited to perform with the Maple Blues Band at the awards gala presentation.

The awards night will be hosted by Vancouver's Jim Byrnes and will include guest performances by Jim Byrnes, John Campbelljohn, Ndidi Onukwulu & Madagascar Slim, Diana Braithwaite & Chris Whiteley, Harry Manx & Kevin Breit, and Rick Fines & Suzie Vinnick.
www.torontobluessociety.com/mba/index.html

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:42 pm

All this and great blues all over TO. If your are in the GTA Get out and catch some of the shows in and around town.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 8  Next