canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:11 am

Me like!!! XD Ha ha! Yeah, had a great time. Danced like crazy all night. Was in a bad state yesterday though (read sunday).

Feel like shit today aswell. :? Oh, well. Have a few days to recuperate 'till this Friday. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:06 am

you should check out Everclear, Nada Surf and early Weezer and Green Day. the 90s were the heyday of music IMO

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:05 am

Nirvana

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:19 pm

Well, actually, Pantera, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Yes Nirvana, Skid Row, Black Crowes, STP.

All of them had good albums in the early nineties.

I could go on and on, but right now, those are some pretty nice examples :D

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:24 pm

Sherminator333 wrote:
Nirvana

Post your favourite vid', dude.
Nirvana more or less embodied the whole early 90's rock era and made it mainstream. You just have to be more specific.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:37 pm

sandytravis wrote:
you should check out Everclear, Nada Surf and early Weezer and Green Day. the 90s were the heyday of music IMO

Yeah, I've been an Everclear fan since I first heard "Father of mine" in '97 or '98? I never thought of them as an early 90's band, but you're right. World of Noise was released in 1993.

Nada Surf.. now these guys.. It's rock.. that much is true.. Now, I love these guys n' have all their albums (I think) but the didn't really make it 'till 1996 with Popular, which is one of the all time "youth anthems" in my opinion, but High/Low wasn't released untill 1996.. So.. I can't really say that they fit.

We got early Weezer and Green Day on here... mentioned atleast. Thanx for the tips though.

EDIT: Seems I did mentione Everclear. No points for you then :lol: :wink:

Last edited by OPP on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:40 pm

Ah, yes...

REM, Fine Young Cannibals, The Proclaimers, Tool, and the classics like Insane Clown Posse. :wink:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:55 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
Ah, yes...

REM, Fine Young Cannibals, The Proclaimers, Tool, and the classics like Insane Clown Posse. :wink:

You're a real goldmine, Bart! Now, I'm sure I mentioned Tool but I don't think REM's been mentioned.
In particular Out of Time (1991), including; Losing My Religion, Shiny Happy People, and Automatic for the People (1992), with; Drive, Everybody Hurts and Man on the Moon. Great albums.
I recognize the rest... I have these flickory memories.. but I have to check 'em out. Fine Young Cannibals in particular. Thanx Bart.
Maybe you could trouble yourself to post a video or two? :D

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:06 pm

HAHAhaahahahahahaaa! Insane Clown Posse! Those guy's are just wicked and sweet at the same time! hahaha!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:21 pm

OPP wrote:
HAHAhaahahahahahaaa! Insane Clown Posse! Those guy's are just wicked and sweet at the same time! hahaha!

8)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:36 pm

Hey Guys,

Don't forget about Pantera.

They were the best band in the early 90's man!!! Well, Metallica (black album) was right up there too.

[youtube width=425 height=355]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4eh8waV3MA[/youtube]

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:50 pm

[align=center]Korn - Daddy
from their self titled album Korn released in 1994

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=0a0mT1udjZU[/youtube]

"People think Daddy was written because my dad fucked me up the ass, but that's not what the song's about. It wasn't about my dad or my mom. When I was a kid I was being abused by someone else and I went to my parents and told them about it. They thought I was lying and joking around, so they never did shit about it. They didn't belive it was happening to their son." - Jonathan Davis[/align]

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:26 pm

I know someone mentioned them, then they kind of got whisked away, but Stone Temple Pilots were very good. Core (1992) and Purple (1994) are great. And you know that the lead singer went on to help form Velvet Revolver with Slash from GnR, right?

Temple of the Dog (1991) is another great album, which was members of Soundgarden and Pearl Jam before they were Soundgarden and Pearl Jam.

Guns N' Roses: Appetite For Destruction (1990) is one of the best rock albums ever, and both Use Your Illusions (1991) are gems.

Saw Alice in Chains' Dirt (1992) mentioned, and it's awesome.

Sixteen Stone (1994) by Bush is also decent, as is Throwing Copper (1994) by Live.

Radiohead's The Bends (1995) is on the cusp of your time frame, but it's a good CD.

I haven't seen Blind Melon's self titled (1992) or Soup (1995) mentioned. They are both very good as well.

What about Megadeth? Countdown to Extinction (1992).

Daydream Nation (1993) by Sonic Youth is often raved about, though I'm not particularly sold on it.

That's about it, for now.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:13 pm

The best thing that happened in the 90's !!!!! ......

[youtube width=425 height=355]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzFPylZ_T2E[/youtube]

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:40 am

[align=center] Silverchair - Tomorrow
Tomorrow EP (1994), also Frogstomp (1995)

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=heQi0AZBH-0[/youtube][/align]

[align=center]Silverchair - Stoned
Pure Massacre Single, and Tomorrow EP (1994)
[Poor Quality]
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=F-7uRvjzAN8&feature=related[/youtube][/align]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  Next