Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:37 pm

A personal friend of mine went to the military tattoo in regina a week or two ago. I can't remember what the title of his position was, but he was the guy who had to make sue that a singer named George Canyon made it to all his scheduled stops and appointments on time throughout the week during the tattoo.

Up until this point, I've never heard of George Canyon, niether did he. However, one of the first things he did when I came out to visit was make sure I knew who George was, and made sure I became a fan.

As always, I've never been a big fan of artists remaking eachothers music. Canyon has done with alot of old country music, which he calls his "classics." He's fairly accrate with them and doesn't mess with the old theme and music, just gives them his own twang. In some cases it actually improves on the old versions. one example is on the splash-page of his website: http://www.georgecanyon.com/

There is one particular song that finally got me hooked. "I want you to live." The guy is a major supporter of the military (hence why he was at the tattoo), and has been sworn in as an honourary colonel... means I get to salute him now. Seeing as how I respect the guy so much, I don't mind.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:52 pm

From right here in NS :wink:

My personal favourite, Drinkin' Thinkin':

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:57 pm

Ironically, the first time I heard this song was last year when I was driving home after attending a funeral. I looked it up on the website and according to George Canyon the song was originally done by another artist. The premise being that the wife gets the 'knock on the door' from a state trooper informing her that her husband has just been killed in a car accident by a drunk driver. I don't know if a video was made of that one, but it would be interesting to see. Nonetheless, George Canyon did an excellent job!