Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:11 pm

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me before I start bidding on MP3 players on Ebay. I got one of the "no name" ones they have on there (512Mb) at the beginning of the summer and wasn't too happy with it... worked alright, just very cheap and hard to use. Anyway, it got "borrowed" one night soon after I got it, so I'm hoping to make a better choice.

Don't really want to go the iPod route, although a friend of mine has a nano, and it was pretty cool... just seems like a lot of money, and I hate the hype and advertisements.

Needs to have a flash drive, as I'll definately be running with it, and I'm looking for something around 1Gb.

Any tips?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:25 pm

If you want to follow the crowd, Ipod is the way to go. It's easy to use, but it can be a little expensive and personally, I don't care for white/black...if you want to be different, Creative and IRiver both makes some nice ones.

1 Gig players are really considered flash players (they tend to be smaller, about like a old pack of Wrigley's gum. Hard drive players are bigger (like an Ipod) but hold a fair bit more songs than the others.

Personally, I'd spend another hundred bucks (or less in some cases) and get a hard drive player that holds 5 Gigss instead. Check out this link for more info;

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/subcla ... atid=22814

Hope that helps...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:41 pm

I would agree to look at iriver and creative. The ipod shuffle has 512 and it is about 130 while 1 gig ones are 160-200

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:52 pm

Thanks for the input, Ebay's "recommendations" were iRiver and Creative Labs players, too, so I'm guessing that's the best choice.

I'm not getting the HD player because I need to be able to run with it, so skipping is an issue. I'm also not planning on using it to store music that I won't be keeping on my computer, so 1Gig is plenty for me.