bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:44 pm

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-a ... 85625.html

Some of you may remember him from the Blues Brothers, and those with some actual taste, from Booker T. and the MGs. He passed away in Tokyo, at aged 70, while on tour.

$1:
Dunn, whose legacy as one of the most respected session musicians in the business also included work with John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd's Blues Brothers as well as with Levon Helm, Eric Clapton, Neil Young and Bob Dylan, died while on tour in Tokyo.

News of his death was posted on the Facebook site of his friend and fellow musician Steve Cropper, who was on the same tour. Cropper said Dunn died in his sleep.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:04 pm

RIP [B-o]

A rare talent.

The sad part is that as one of the most accomplished studio musicians to ever grace a blues album he'll probably be missed by more people that didn't know who he was than did.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:58 pm

I saw Eric Clapton play Kingswood at Canada's Wonderland in 1986. Phil Collins on drums, Duck Dunn on bass, Steve Winwood on keyboards, Clapton and Robert Cray on guitars. One of the best concerts I've ever seen.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:35 pm

He's up there jamming with the Jeff Healy right now. RIP.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:24 am

Dang. I saw him filling in for the drummer for Blue Oyster Cult when they were at the Sacramento Memorial Auditorium in December 1983. Between the opening act (Ronnie James Dio and Rainbow) and BOC he came on and did a sound check on the drums that morphed into what had to be at least a 15 minute drum solo. Lucky me.