Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:09 am

The British synthesizer kings, formed in 1980 and were the world's first group who made electronic pop music, will soon release their new album "Playing The Angel", which will be the band's ELEVENTH full-time album -

Playing the Angel is Depeche Mode's eleventh full-length album, which is set to be released on October 17 of 2005. It is the first Depeche album to feature Dave Gahan credits - three of the tracks ("I Want It All", "Suffer Well" and "Nothing's Impossible") were written by the singer. The album has been called a more organic record for using more of analogue synths than digital ones. In mid-July the unfinished video for "Precious" leaked online. It is believed to have been leaked through the website of the production team that helped make the video. Aside from the tracks on the album, there were other songs tentatively titled Everything and Martyr For Love - whether these have changed names and are on the album or were left off is unclear.

The album will be available as a standard CD and a deluxe SACD/DVD version which includes the album on hybrid multi-channel SACD as the main disc and a bonus DVD featuring an exclusive studio performance of "Clean" (from Violator), the video for Precious, a photo gallery and a 5.1 mix of the album.

Playing The Angel

Tracklisting

"A Pain That I'm Used To"
"John the Revelator"
"Suffer Well"
"The Sinner in Me"
"Precious"
"Macrovision"
"I Want It All"
"Nothing's Impossible"
"Introspectre"
"Damaged People"
"Lillian"
"The Darkest Star"

Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:17 am

I used to listen to Depeche Mode in Highschool in the mid eighties....those "Euroweenies" have been around almost as long as U2!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:34 am

They were only about 19 when they formed Depeche Mode.

They're about 44 now.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:38 pm

8O

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:40 pm

Oh man where's Flock of Seagulls?????

DM 1984

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:08 am

There were four of them then. Now there's only three. I know one of their members was Vince Clark, who left Depeche Mode and formed Erasure with Andy Bell.

I bought the new Depeche Mode album yesterday and it is BRILLIANT, with fantastic songs sich as "Precious", "Lilian" and "John The Revelator." I'd already heard "Precious" because it was a Top Ten UK single in October. All of Depecher Mode's albums have reached the TOp Ten of the UK album charts.

I would advise anyobne to buy the album, because it's good.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:53 pm

i really like the "old " depeche mode...like: black celebration, blasphemous rumours, just can't get enough and my favourite Master & servant.... but precious is the only good track from this new album