Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:06 am

fatbasturd fatbasturd:
The US has an attitude of Might makes Right and it is ingrained in thier culture at all levels.

Sweeping generalizations are so much fun. :roll:

Here's some of those violent, repressive, "might makes right" Americans for you...

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:38 am

Damn...One of those Grandmas is pretty hot...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:48 am

fatbasturd fatbasturd:
figfarmer figfarmer:
No, Bush is a symptom, not the disease. I was saying that it makes one wonder if the same cultural influences that produce the rap/hip-hop nonsense cause the primative agressive behaviors that are so ingrained in the American culture; epitomised by George W.

I would say yes...The US has an attitude of Might makes Right and it is ingrained in thier culture at all levels.
Given the fact that rap music has its origins in some of the most derelict regions of the US, I fail to see how you can compare it to the imperialism of the US government, or whatever it is you're comparing it to.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:57 am

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
fatbasturd fatbasturd:
figfarmer figfarmer:
No, Bush is a symptom, not the disease. I was saying that it makes one wonder if the same cultural influences that produce the rap/hip-hop nonsense cause the primative agressive behaviors that are so ingrained in the American culture; epitomised by George W.

I would say yes...The US has an attitude of Might makes Right and it is ingrained in thier culture at all levels.
Given the fact that rap music has its origins in some of the most derelict regions of the US, I fail to see how you can compare it to the imperialism of the US government, or whatever it is you're comparing it to.

Rap music traces its roots to West African cultures and is not a distinctly American form of music such as jazz or even Gospel. Rap is almost a return to the musical form of the oral traditions of West Africa and is much more African than American, thus the fondness for this form amongst militant Blacks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:05 am

Fair enough; 'origins' perhaps was the wrong word....

..but there are no Ludacris's or P Diddy's in traditional African music, so whatever part of American rap that developed in America did so well apart from, and usually in opposition to, those responsible for the imperial aspects of American culture and policy.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:48 pm

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
the imperial aspects of American culture and policy.

"Imperial"????

What part of our culture imposes itself on the rest of the world that the rest of the world does not willingly want in the first place?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:56 pm

Are we being facetious?

Rest assured you'll get your answer soon enough, just not from me... I'm still busy mourning the loss of our friend Proof.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:58 pm

The loss of a rapper is the betterment of humanity so far as I'm concerned.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:02 pm

Well, some actually have a head on their shoulders, and a clue as to what music is, but they never get very popular...

...they certainly never become a member of D12.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:14 pm

Why does everyone miss out a letter when spelling "crap" music?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:37 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Why does everyone miss out a letter when spelling "crap" music?

ROTFL

Actually, rap wasn't all too bad back in the day (my day), 15 years ago. It used to be about poverty and ghetto story telling, now it's about who's is bigger.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:48 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
fatbasturd fatbasturd:
The US has an attitude of Might makes Right and it is ingrained in thier culture at all levels.

Sweeping generalizations are so much fun. :roll:

Here's some of those violent, repressive, "might makes right" Americans for you...

I did not say that the American culture does not have very good aspects to it .....we are not talking about the origins of rap music but what it has come stand for .
And yes your goverment does what I call fourth of July things(media blitz) when they use force to get what they want.
Ingrained attitudes of Might makes right is what the US has come to stand for from the perspective of your goverment.....and this has a trickle down effect to your culture in general.
Believe it or not I love what your country has done and become since it's conception...you have had the honor of having some of the greatest men of history as your leaders....but every once in a while just like we do you vote in some one who takes you down the wrong path...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:53 pm

Rap video

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:50 am

Amazing ! a post named "Peace Proof" ends up with a general rap bashing post

+ I get jailed for saying to a moderator he was arrogant even he said to me

"Your bizarre reasoning that somehow rich and dead is a sign of success shows your ignorance of life and what it's about. "

I still love you though Regina

+ To the guy calling my english "bastardized", let's hear your french my friend!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:32 pm

BigChuck BigChuck:
Amazing ! a post named "Peace Proof" ends up with a general rap bashing post

+ I get jailed for saying to a moderator he was arrogant even he said to me

"Your bizarre reasoning that somehow rich and dead is a sign of success shows your ignorance of life and what it's about. "

I still love you though Regina

+ To the guy calling my english "bastardized", let's hear your french my friend!

How was the food on the inside....good to see you back....fat