Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:12 am

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/st ... 84,00.html

$1:
ROB Thomas and INXS will hit the studio together in Melbourne tomorrow. The Matchbox Twenty lead singer is in Australia promoting his solo album, Cradlesong.

INXS took the opportunity to have Thomas lay down vocals for two songs on its greatest-hits-with-different-vocalists set while he was here, the Herald Sun reports.

Thomas will sing Original Sin and Never Tear Us Apart.

"The only other version I've heard was Brandon Flowers (from the Killers) doing Beautiful Girl, and I've heard they're going for a French girl to sing Need You Tonight - in French, which would be really sexy," Thomas said.

Thomas doesn't subscribe to the theory that the Aussie rockers should have called it quits after the death of frontman Michael Hutchence.

"It's hard when that's what they do - they want to continue to make music. This is just from me, this isn't coming from them, but I get the sense that once they do this, they can move forward - and do it this time without a circus attached," he said, referring to the Rock Star: INXS talent search that saw Canadian singer JD Fortune win a temporary run as frontman............

Now there's a twist.... but hey.... if it worked for Santana....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:14 am

Sounds like a good idea to me :rock:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:46 am

WDHIII WDHIII:
Was a fan of INXS til they abandoned JD Fortune at the airport in Japan. YES he had some drug problems but why just shake the guys hand and walk away?

GET HIM SOME FREAKIN HELP!

At least Lukas Rossi didnt abandon him :?

Yeah that was a bit of a piss off.... but the crew on INXS claimed it was only a contract for a year, although JD claimed he was never told this, so it's a he said she said sort a thing.

Anyways, hope JD get's back on his feet and puts something out in the stores. Gotta support the Home-boys. (I grew up in the New Glasgow area where JD's from)

But for some reason, I have a hard time trying to picture Rob Thomas singing "Never Tear Us Apart" :?