CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:55 am

i really like that rush song with the synthisizer...whats it called? it goes wee ooh wee ooh wee ooh

Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:40 am

Has any of the members here goneto see Rush's N.American tour of Snakes and Arrows????

Can't wait to see them live this Oct 27th in Stockholm. :rock:

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:55 am

Huge Rush fan here. Snakes and Arrows is crap. My two cents.

I hear the live show is amazing this time around (what am I talking about, it's always spectacular). Enjoy the show, natooke!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:13 pm

Just bought a few Rush songs off iTunes.

Jacob's Ladder is awesome.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:20 pm

Snakes and Arrows is interesting.... :?
Maybe it will grow on me.... :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:37 pm

There's a few good songs on Snakes and Arrows, but the instrumentals are the best.

It's a lot like their last few albums; very strong lyrically, but not musically.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:03 am

RUSH is awesome..i love their old stuff. i'll check out their new single

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:04 pm

I have Snakes and Arrows but I was dissapointed for awhile with it it's grown on me but I'd rather listen to 2112 or Moving Pictures 95% of the time.

Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:15 am

RUSH GO ON TOUR IN 2008 -
RUSH EXTEND WORLD TOUR INTO 2008

TORONTO, ON – December 12, 2007:

After a hugely successful 2007 run, Rush are pleased to announce they will extend their Snakes & Arrows World Tour into 2008. The band will begin rehearsals in March to revamp the set list before kicking off the tour with their first ever appearance in San Juan, Puerto Rico in April.

2008 will see Rush tour in over 40 cities throughout the United States and Canada making stops in many where they haven't performed in well over a decade including: Orlando, Oklahoma City, New Orleans, Austin, Jacksonville and Winnipeg to name a few. Along the way, Rush will play new venues in Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia and Seattle and will revisit some familiar ones in Boston, Washington and Charlotte amongst others. Rush fans can look forward to a complete tour announcement in mid January. As details develop more information will be made available at www.rush.com and www.livenation.com.

Due to the overwhelming response of their fans in North America, the "Snakes & Arrows" tour has been Rush's highest grossing tour ever and the best attended in many years. Snakes & Arrows (Anthem/Atlantic Records) was recorded in the fall of 2006 with Grammy Award-winner Nick Raskulinecz (Foo Fighters, Velvet Revolver) with Rush co-producing. Their first album of original material in nearly five years, Snakes & Arrows debuted at 3 on the Billboard Top 200. In addition, the track "Malignant Narcissism" has been nominated for a Grammy Award in the category Best Rock Instrumental Performance.

Since releasing its self-titled debut album in 1974, Rush has been universally regarded as one of the most inventive and exciting groups in rock, famed for virtuoso musicianship, epic soundscapes, and dramatic lyricism. The band's extraordinary body of work – which includes such acclaimed works as 1976's "2112," 1981's "MOVING PICTURES," 1996's "TEST FOR ECHO," and 2002's "VAPOR TRAILS" – has achieved worldwide sales exceeding 35 million units.

Fans will experience the technical virtuosity and hard-rocking compositions they have come to expect from Rush members, Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart.

The Rush tour in North America is produced by Live Nation Global Touring and SRO/Anthem.

For complete tour & ticket information, fan club memberships and more, visit: www.rush.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:30 am

Rush is one of my favorite Canadian bands.

I have to say,Rush's new album is quite good.

Subdivisions and Roll the bones are my favorite songs.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:17 pm

natooke natooke:
RUSH GO ON TOUR IN 2008 -
RUSH EXTEND WORLD TOUR INTO 2008

A stop at Sarnia Bayfest in July would be great.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:41 pm

I hope they come to Vancouver...If not I will see them in Seattle...Seattle is always a good time

Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:57 pm

Saw them in October at Scotiabank Place, Ottawa. They were awesome!

Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:45 am

mtpockets mtpockets:
Saw them in October at Scotiabank Place, Ottawa. They were awesome!

I saw them too, but in Stockholm/oct 27th & they were indeed awesome. :rock:

mtpockets ... i think you meant you saw them in September

Rush are pleased to announce they will extend their Snakes & Arrows World Tour into 2008.

Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:56 am

Sorry...yeah....September. I'd see them again in a blink.