bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:50 pm

A video worth watching if you are interested in music. This would be a very entertaining group to see perform live.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2012/09/21/f-video-tafelmusik-schlesinger.html

Quote:
In the past three decades under the direction of Jeanne Lamon, Toronto-based Tafelmusik has grown from a small troupe playing baroque music on antiquated instruments into a world-renowned ensemble that blends different styles, cultures, instruments and multimedia into its performances.

"We've convinced audiences. We've convinced ourselves, recording companies. We've basically convinced the world that what we're doing is worthwhile," Lamon told CBC News.

"It's not a fad. It's an approach to music-making that has actually taken over."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Nice!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:55 pm

Love this... I have the Brandenburg concertos on antiquated instruments and it's some of my favorite music. I'll be doing a bit of research to find recordings by Tafelmusik.

Thanks Strutz. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:58 pm

raydan wrote:
Love this... I have the Brandenburg concertos on antiquated instruments and it's some of my favorite music. I'll be doing a bit of research to find recordings by Tafelmusik.

Thanks Strutz. :D

That Strutz is the stuff!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:13 pm

I'm glad you guys enjoyed that. :D

I like the fact that they emphasize (especially in the last clip of the video) that they not only have the traditional instruments as part of their orchestra, but others as well, in a musical display of multi-culturalism that is present in Canada. A shining example where our differences can come together to create something good.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Strutz wrote:
I'm glad you guys enjoyed that. :D

I like the fact that they emphasize (especially in the last clip of the video) that they not only have the traditional instruments as part of their orchestra, but others as well, in a musical display of multi-culturalism that is present in Canada. A shining example where our differences can come together to create something good.

I have a big love on for the Hell on Wheels soundtrack. The list of instruments involved in making it is as brilliant as it is as internationally varied.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Gunnair wrote:
I have a big love on for the Hell on Wheels soundtrack. The list of instruments involved in making it is as brilliant as it is as internationally varied.

I just went on Youtube to check some of it out. Awesome! I just checked and Puretracks (where I buy most of my music from) doesn't seem to have it available yet.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:30 pm

Strutz wrote:
Gunnair wrote:

I just went on Youtube to check some of it out. Awesome! I just checked and Puretracks (where I buy most of my music from) doesn't seem to have it available yet.

Well, scoop it from yutub and play it for us !

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:22 am

Strutz wrote:
Gunnair wrote:

It's on iTunes

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:42 am

Being a musician/producer myself I looove all sorts of music from chart music to the back alley folk music street performer but the only thing I can't stand is western classical. Although there are a very few pieces I do dig.

The only orchestra otherwise I'm listening to is this ! 8O 8O 8O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf2aIVKp1OY