CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:28 pm

Then would you send european decent people back on the boat they came in on and how many generations would you go back

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:26 pm

My family has been in BNA since the 1600's. Why would we send back the Europeans who built this country? Where do you think our laws, culture, language, food, music, and God came from?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:41 pm

so 400 hudred years is that the cutoff ?
as far as time is concerned in this continent that is like a second ask the first nations maybe they might disagree if 400 years is enough
I think it is what you don't say
says a lot more than what you do
That is to bad for you

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:51 pm

First Nations gave their land to us either by treaties or by us taking it. They didn't build Canada though we built the cities, we built the railways, and we ploughed the fields and chopped the trees. They are not native here anyway they came from elsewhere. If I built a sand castle on your beach, who made it the person who built it or the person whose beach it was on?

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:06 pm

mspurrell mspurrell:
First Nations gave their land to us either by treaties or by us taking it. They didn't build Canada though we built the cities, we built the railways, and we ploughed the fields and chopped the trees. They are not native here anyway they came from elsewhere. If I built a sand castle on your beach, who made it the person who built it or the person whose beach it was on?

What's with all the "us" and "we" you're referring to? Unless you're 500 years old I doubt if YOU built much of anything besides your sandcastles. The First Nations of this country are a large part of building Canada. You are in an obvious need for a history lesson on Canada. Start back when Columus dropped anchor as to not miss out on anything.

So you're inferring because the First Nations lived elsewhere before coming here to Canada that they shouldn't have a claim or say in Canada? So, if another country decides to claim land and build whatever they want on that land without permission, we as Canadians have no say in it? Hmmm... well, I guess you don't believe other countries should respect Canadas sovereignty than.

Oh, and my answer to your hypothetical question. The sand castle you built would belong to the person that ownes the beach. The sand on his/her beach is on their land making it part of their property. Just because you built it there, doesn't make it yours.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:05 pm

What exactly have the First Nations done? Besides giving us some words and maybe some herbal plants? The us and we are referring to I (Europeans). The laws I am governed under are not created by any first nations, the language I speak is not any first nations one, the street I walk on was not created by any first nations, nor was my house, car, city, or any products in between. So what exactly have they done?
$1:
So, if another country decides to claim land and build whatever they want on that land without permission, we as Canadians have no say in it? Hmmm... well, I guess you don't believe other countries should respect Canadas sovereignty than.

Well according to you there wouldn't be a Canada because the First Nations own it. I guess we should just restore all their former nations shouldn't we? How do you think countries got created? Through force those who can't defend it lose it the people here couldn't defend it and lost it. The people before us here did the same thing killed each other to gain territory ect. Probably were people here before then the present day “first nations” for all we know. I asked who built the castle sure it was someone else’s beach and could be their sand but he didn't build the castle. Same for Canada you could call it someone else’s land but Europeans built the castle.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:41 pm

mspurrell mspurrell:
Where did you read that in your school textbook? Considering if your Irish decent would you like to see all of Ireland replaced by the English? My comment has truth to it Canada caters too much to immigrants that take advantage of their dual citizenship. Many people who do come here also come to avoid being conscripted from where they came from because I have asked several dozen. I really doubt it if they wouldn't fight for their own country they would fight for ours. I didn't even mention religion not sure why you are putting words in my mouth. I think you are the one who is ignorant considering statistics even show for Canada's diverse ethnic communities they are barley represented in our Armed Forces.
R=UP

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:18 pm

mspurrell mspurrell:
What exactly have the First Nations done?

Like I said, mspurrell, you need a history lesson. To think the native peoples had no hand in building this country is pure ignorance. Without the native people of Canada we would be much further behind then we are today. You must have missed those lessons in school. If you went to school. I suggest helping yourself by not being lazy and do some research on the subject.

mspurrell mspurrell:
The us and we are referring to I (Europeans).

So you are referring to the early settlers of this land when you write "us" and "we." Ok, because the way you were writing sounded much like you were taking credit for other peoples hard work. So, YOU in actuality have built nothing for Canada. That sounds more like it.

mspurrell mspurrell:
Well according to you there wouldn't be a Canada because the First Nations own it. I guess we should just restore all their former nations shouldn't we?

Don't try and twist what I wrote. Or mabey it's that you can't read properly. I was answering your hypothetical question that only backfired on YOU. It is YOU that was pointing out the obvious. Only someone delusional would come up with a different answer to YOUR question.

mspurrell mspurrell:
How do you think countries got created?

I don't think the countries "GOT" created I believe they WERE created. It took very hard work from many different people from all over the world. It wasn't just Europeans that had a hand in building Canada. It was people from all over the world, including the First Nations.

mspurrell mspurrell:
I asked who built the castle sure it was someone else’s beach and could be their sand but he didn't build the castle. Same for Canada you could call it someone else’s land but Europeans built the castle.

Do you expect the intelligent people on this board to swallow your garbage? Do you even read what you write? If so, you should ask a parent or adult for help. You just proved me right, you don't believe in our countries sovereignty, or any other countries for that matter. Mabey you should look up the word sovereignty in a dictionary to find out what it stands for.