CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11032
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:28 pm
 


BeaverFever wrote:
Unbelievable. He used his position to influence a barely legal minor and her family for sexual gain. He had sex and cyber-sex with her while traveling on senate business and using senate computer/phone. He is the subject of numerous sexual harassment and inappropriate touching complaints from senate staffers.

LITERALLY ANY EMPLOYER will fire you for ANY those things without it rising to the level of criminal charges

Telling a FIB is completely different.

As I said, the fact that you can't judge the moral difference between this kind of sexual impropriety and someone telling tall tales just illustrates the threat conservative attitudes pose towards women. No wonder these problems keep occurring in your camp.


Hayzeus Beave you are so heavily biased if you was skiing a black diamond you would find yourself going uphill.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33939
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:50 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
raydan wrote:
I don't care about a Senator going after some young nookie, nothing illegal was done although some would question the morality. What REALLY bothers me was that this was a married pastor. :evil:


I see your point. If he'll violate that oath he'll violate any other oath.


I don't even care that he was married, or a pastor. That's between him, his wife and his congregation.

I care that he lied to the Senate about it. A lot of people are so jaded that they just expect politicians to lie. I do not. I still expect them to tell the unabashed truth about their role in representing me in our democracy. They can do whatever they want in their private life, but when they step in that chamber or act on behalf of it, the rules change.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 226
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:29 am
 




Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14197
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:34 am
 


PluggyRug wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
Unbelievable. He used his position to influence a barely legal minor and her family for sexual gain. He had sex and cyber-sex with her while traveling on senate business and using senate computer/phone. He is the subject of numerous sexual harassment and inappropriate touching complaints from senate staffers.

LITERALLY ANY EMPLOYER will fire you for ANY those things without it rising to the level of criminal charges

Telling a FIB is completely different.

As I said, the fact that you can't judge the moral difference between this kind of sexual impropriety and someone telling tall tales just illustrates the threat conservative attitudes pose towards women. No wonder these problems keep occurring in your camp.


Hayzeus Beave you are so heavily biased if you was skiing a black diamond you would find yourself going uphill.


I know you are but what am I

(Give a canned generic insult, get one in return).


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14197
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:05 am
 


Coach85 wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
Unbelievable. He used his position to influence a barely legal minor and her family for sexual gain. He had sex and cyber-sex with her while traveling on senate business and using senate computer/phone. He is the subject of numerous sexual harassment and inappropriate touching complaints from senate staffers.

LITERALLY ANY EMPLOYER will fire you for ANY those things without it rising to the level of criminal charges

Telling a FIB is completely different.

As I said, the fact that you can't judge the moral difference between this kind of sexual impropriety and someone telling tall tales just illustrates the threat conservative attitudes pose towards women. No wonder these problems keep occurring in your camp.


Lying about your military service is now referred to as a "fib"?


What makes a lie more or less serious is the circumstances under which the lie is told. If he had told this exact same lie on a job application that would be serious offence and he would need to resign. If, say, the Indian government had signed a multi-million dollar defence contract based on the advice of the supposed "architect of operation medusa" then he would need to resign. But in the context of a meaningless public speech it just doesn't rise to that level of seriousness.

Now, there are new allegations that he may have lied about his knowledge of detainee treatment which if true would ACTUALLY be a very serious offence for which a resignation would be the very least punishment.

Also for the record he didn't "lie about his military service". His service is not in question. He deliberately misrepresented his level of involvement in planning a specific military operation.
I think we all wholeheartedly agree that his misrepresentation rises to the level of an outright lie, instead of say an "exaggeration" or "embellishment". Even though deciding who deserves credit as "the architect" is a matter of opinion rather than fact, there is literally no opinion or interpretation of "architect" that would relate to his role in that operation and Sajjan would have probably known that.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9046
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:55 am
 


Nobody ever goes back to the 'old country' and tells the locals they make an extra two bits because they got their Class C... they're all the First Aid Supervisor


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1562
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:12 am
 


This isn't the first time Sajjan has lied about his involvement in this particular military action.

A couple years ago, he made a very similar comment:
http://globalnews.ca/news/3413702/harji ... sive-role/


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13680
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:53 pm
 


Coach85 wrote:
This isn't the first time Sajjan has lied about his involvement in this particular military action.

A couple years ago, he made a very similar comment:
http://globalnews.ca/news/3413702/harji ... sive-role/


In fairness General Vance may have actually said that which, would go miles in explaining why he didn't want to address the whole sordid issue when it was brought up to him at that news conference.

But, the fact remains that, given his less than lofty position as an intelligence officer Sajjan should have known he wasn't really the architect of the operation and yet he still accepted and reveled in the glory for it's conduct not once but, twice.

So, if for some odd reason he actually heard or thought he heard General Vance say that he was the architect of operation Medusa and was narcissistic enough to believe it despite all the evidence to the contrary just brings up more questions.

Questions like, how fit is he to be the Minister of National Defense or anything else and why if he was told that he was the architect of operation Medusa is he not retracting his previous apologies and defending himself?

Everything I've read about Sajjan the soldier points to him being an honourable and fair man so, these actions are out of character for his soldier side but, are right up the alley for him being a Liberal Politician side which makes me wonder what kind of people Canada elected if they're willing to make Sajjan and Vance kowtow to their party line despite the fact that this line makes a mockery of the promises their party made to Canadians, Veterans and the Military?


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1022
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:35 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Hmm.

Seems you folks aren't so boring after all. [B-o]

http://www.macleans.ca/society/life/8-c ... one-maybe/


This shows that political sleaze is a universal political value, in my country as well as yours.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.