canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:43 pm

But what you wrote is causing me to salivate.

That's ShepherdsDog not Pavlov's Dog.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:10 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
andyt andyt:
Rice gruel. Never had it, doubt I'd want to.

Rice has been shown to contain large amounts of arsenic. They recommend not eating it too frequently, washing well before cooking, and other measures I can't recall. Does that mean most Asians have arsenic poisoning?

Who knows? At least 20% of China's farmland has been made toxic by heavy and other toxic metals like arsenic, lead, mercury, nickel salts, cadmium etc.

I don't think they were talking about Chinese rice, but rice in general - ie the rice we consume here. AFAIK, that's not Chinese rice.

$1:
All types of rice (except sushi and quick cooking) with a label indicating that it’s from Arkansas, Louisiana, or Texas or just from the U.S. had the highest levels of inorganic arsenic in our tests. For instance, white rices from California have 38 percent less inorganic arsenic than white rices from other parts of the country.

$1:
Our latest tests determined that the inorganic arsenic content of rice varies greatly depending on the type of rice and where it was grown. White basmati rice from California, India, and Pakistan, and sushi rice from the U.S. on average has half of the inorganic-arsenic amount of most other types of rice.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/maga ... /index.htm

That's it, I'm switching to BAsmati.

BTW that includes Rice Crispies, etc.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:14 pm

Does it make decent Sake?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:14 pm

WHY do I keep coming back in here!