CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:24 am

Do you believe air attacks in the mid-east are killing civilians and destroying their homes and lives? Do these tactics weaken or strengthen ISIS recruitment and the support it has among the general population; do they make the western countries more secure from terrorist activity, or less? What other options could there be to defend our culture and way of life from the madness of armed religious fundamentalists? (Apart from the Trump "solution")

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:34 am

Hmmmm Hmmmm:
What other options could there be to defend our culture and way of life from the madness of armed religious fundamentalists?

Because that is a problem we have to tackle?

Give your head a shake. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:45 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Hmmmm Hmmmm:
What other options could there be ... etc

Doesn't acknowledge or even follow from the questions posed. Promise me you'll try harder :)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:03 pm

Hmmmm Hmmmm:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Hmmmm Hmmmm:
What other options could there be ... etc

Doesn't acknowledge or even follow from the questions posed. Promise me you'll try harder :)

My beliefs as to whether we need an air or ground war are irrelevant. I have no say as to Canada's foreign policy, I'm just some random blip on the internet. The question posed depends on that false assumption. It therefore does not follow that we need to tackle a problem that doesn't exist.

Do I think that we should protect civilians in ISIS controlled areas? Do I think we need to protect Syrians from an oppressive regime?

Those are relevant questions. Not 'do I thing we should fight terrorists' that don't exist 'from shooting up my city' that isn't happening.

And you'll find taunting doesn't work very well with me.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:19 pm

Hmmmm Hmmmm:
(Apart from the Trump "solution")

What the hell is wrong with keeping insane jihadis out of our country? Trump was not proposing anything more than a pause on immigration until we can come up with more effective screening methods - a proposal that a significant number of American Moslems support.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:22 pm

The Trump solution was practically the only thing he said that I've agreed with. Incompatible cultures simply should not be mixed. Beats the hell out of sending another quarter-million troops over there to get killed on the behalf of those shits. :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:27 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

The "taunt" was offered humorously in what I took to be the spirit of yours to me :). Did it "work?" Certainly not as intended but what the hell, it's the internet.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:29 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
What the hell is wrong with keeping insane jihadis out of our country?

The hell nothing.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:50 pm

Hmmmm Hmmmm:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

The "taunt" was offered humorously in what I took to be the spirit of yours to me :). Did it "work?" Certainly not as intended but what the hell, it's the internet.

No, it worked as intended. I was just offering fair warning in the event it wasn't. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:56 pm

Concerning air attacks, what I always wonder is how is it Raqqa and Mosul even have an Internet to recruit with, or for that matter electricity.

We talk about how oil is making ISIS rich. Am I honestly to believe they can't find those oil convoys before they reach the border and bomb them?

But every once in awhile I see a smoking Toyota pickup on YouTube, so hey Barrack. R=UP Good soldiering. PDT_Armataz_01_40Not.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:06 pm

The US and NATO attacks are happening outside of the area the Russians have claimed as their targetting turf. And the Russian approach to bombing is a joke, nearly as humourous as the infamous Five O'Clock Charlie episode of MASH. The West are using precision munitions. The Russians are dumb- and barrel-bombing around the countryside and hitting practically nothing of any importance. That leaves endless open territory for ISIS to sneak tanker-trucks through to the Turkish border where their buddies are waiting with cash and a willingness to look away from who they're dealing with.

There was an American bombing recently that nailed a building that was what is now assumed to have housed ISIS's cash supply. Classic footage of it exists out there, in that neato infra-red kind of way. WHHHHHHHHUMP! and what is assumed to be hundreds of millions of dollars were destroyed in the resulting inferno or scooped up by the locals close enough to where the missile hit. They're saying that hurt ISIS bad because they announced on their website that all "civil servants" in the Caliphate had to take a 50% pay cut from $200 to $100 a month. Presumably on the other side that means the warriors now will only get thirty six virgins when they arrive as opposed to the normal seventy two. Austerity sucks for everyone, man. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:16 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Concerning air attacks, what I always wonder is how is it Raqqa and Mosul even have an Internet to recruit with, or for that matter electricity.
I suppose if city streets or homes are being smashed you don't have to look far for recruits, even if they're not sure what they're being recruited into.

$1:
We talk about how oil is making ISIS rich. Am I honestly to believe they can't find those oil convoys before they reach the border and bomb them?
I don't know. Maybe it's hard to identify which tankers/convoys are filled with "ISIS oil" and whether they have civilian drivers. Should we care about killing civilians, do you think?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:27 pm

Here it is, with dubbed-over soundtrack provided by Twisted Sister. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:29 pm

Thanos Thanos:
... the warriors now will only get thirty six virgins when they arrive as opposed to the normal seventy two....
I thought it was "only" forty but whatever ... The thought had occurred it might be entertaining to see how a couple of them would make out (pun intended) if thrown into a locked room with 40 real women, virgins or not - or maybe just "a couple of red-hot whores" as Billy Connolly suggested.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:09 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

But every once in awhile I see a smoking Toyota pickup on YouTube, so hey Barrack. R=UP Good soldiering. PDT_Armataz_01_40Not.

I think a bit of a Curtis Lemay firebombing approach to a couple of the major targets might get ISIS's attention.