CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:07 pm

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:01 pm

rayden, has this site been completely co-opted by Conservative agents?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:04 pm

Run for your life, I'm afraid it's hopeless. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:20 pm

Georgie Peorgie didn't even get a chance to kiss the girls.....I'm sure Strutz is heartbroken. :twisted: Fncking missionaries. It's not so much the message but the messenger's presentation.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:30 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Georgie Peorgie didn't even get a chance to kiss the girls.....I'm sure Strutz is heartbroken. :twisted: Fncking missionaries. It's not so much the message but the messenger's presentation.

[huh] Did I miss something?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:36 pm

No....nothing of any real importance...we now return you to your regularly scheduled bevvy :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
rayden, has this site been completely co-opted by Conservative agents?

Now you're moving towards whining.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:13 am

I still don't get where you think you will get enough money if you cut income tax. I pay wildly more income tax than I do for sales taxes. Even with a 2% rise in the GST I'm still going to come out many tens of thousands of dollars less taxed.

You can cut spending if you want, of all the demographic groups in Canada I likely get the lowest amount of services from the government so cuts will not directly change my lifestyle.

But it's going to do a lot of damage to some people.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:05 am

Xort Xort:
I still don't get where you think you will get enough money if you cut income tax. I pay wildly more income tax than I do for sales taxes. Even with a 2% rise in the GST I'm still going to come out many tens of thousands of dollars less taxed.

You can cut spending if you want, of all the demographic groups in Canada I likely get the lowest amount of services from the government so cuts will not directly change my lifestyle.

It starts by paying off the entire federal government debt. That's HUGE! That's the largest portion. That isn't quick, as I laid out it will take 15 years to pay off the debt. Once it's gone, and only once it's gone, we can dramatically cut taxes. Let me put it in bullet form:
  • cut spending to the level of that last Liberal budget. Don't cut health care, or transfers to provinces for social programs, but cut everything else. Again, no extreme cuts, just to the level of the 2005 budget plus inflation. That alone will eliminate the deficit and restore the surplus.
  • increase GST back to 7% (currently 5%)
  • increase corporate income tax back to 21% (currently 15%)
  • double GST credit payments while paying off the debt, but when we abolish income tax the GST credit will be abolished too
  • shift dividends from personal income tax to corporate. That way they stay taxed.
  • personnel in the personal income tax division of CRA will be laid-off. Cost saving is their salary so they can't be re-assigned, they have to be permanently laid-off, not returning. But that won't be until 1 year after income tax is abolished. Have to process the last returns.

Note: once spending is cut, it's permanent.

This has one problem: Paul Martin's Liberals stated they wanted to get rid of corporate capital tax (they passed the law to do so), and corporate surtax (they never got around to it), as well as reduce corporate income tax to 19%. I just said we need corporate income tax at 21% to make the budget balance without personal income tax. But at the last biennial convention the Liberals passed a resolution to legalize marijuana and regulate it (tax it). I have never smoked marijuana and never will, but know some people who do. As a tax guy, I see it as a great resource. Taxing marijuana will raise enough revenue to reduce corporate income tax to 19%. So that's the last piece of the puzzle. But if parliament decides not to, then we can always increase corporate income tax to 21%.

Also: EI and CPP premiums will not be eliminated. They won't be increased, or decreased, no change what so ever. Health insurance premiums will not be cut, so any province with that still will. And provincial income tax is under authority of provincial governments, so if you want any change there then talk to your provincial politician. What this plan does is completely eliminate federal personal income tax.

By the way: I have a plan to eliminate provincial personal income tax in Manitoba. It's very simple: replace it with a health insurance premium. Manitoba currently has no health insurance premium, it's paid from general revenue (other taxes). Copy Ontario's health insurance premium. I could detail that, but you get the idea.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:37 am

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
Xort Xort:

It starts by paying off the entire federal government debt. That's HUGE! That's the largest portion. That isn't quick, as I laid out it will take 15 years to pay off the debt. Once it's gone, and only once it's gone, we can dramatically cut taxes. Let me put it in bullet form:
  • cut spending to the level of that last Liberal budget. Don't cut health care, or transfers to provinces for social programs, but cut everything else. Again, no extreme cuts, just to the level of the 2005 budget plus inflation. That alone will eliminate the deficit and restore the surplus.
  • double GST credit payments while paying off the debt, but when we abolish income tax the GST credit will be abolished too
  • shift dividends from personal income tax to corporate. That way they stay taxed.
  • personnel in the personal income tax division of CRA will be laid-off. Cost saving is their salary so they can't be re-assigned, they have to be permanently laid-off, not returning. But that won't be until 1 year after income tax is abolished. Have to process the last returns.

This has one problem: Paul Martin's Liberals stated they wanted to get rid of corporate capital tax (they passed the law to do so), and corporate surtax (they never got around to it), as well as reduce corporate income tax to 19%. I just said we need corporate income tax at 21% to make the budget balance without personal income tax. But at the last biennial convention the Liberals passed a resolution to legalize marijuana and regulate it (tax it). I have never smoked marijuana and never will, but know some people who do. As a tax guy, I see it as a great resource. Taxing marijuana will raise enough revenue to reduce corporate income tax to 19%. So that's the last piece of the puzzle. But if parliament decides not to, then we can always increase corporate income tax to 21%.

Also: EI and CPP premiums will not be eliminated. They won't be increased, or decreased, no change what so ever. Health insurance premiums will not be cut, so any province with that still will. And provincial income tax is under authority of provincial governments, so if you want any change there then talk to your provincial politician. What this plan does is completely eliminate federal personal income tax.

By the way: I have a plan to eliminate provincial personal income tax in Manitoba. It's very simple: replace it with a health insurance premium. Manitoba currently has no health insurance premium, it's paid from general revenue (other taxes). Copy Ontario's health insurance premium. I could detail that, but you get the idea.

That plan has way more that 1 problem. It's filled with problems. It's awful.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:11 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:

So says the guy with the big blue "C". At least you didn't engage it personal attacks or off-topic distractions.

Corporate tax increases are just to the level they were on election day 2006. No higher. I'm saying individuals need tax cuts, corporations have enough.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:14 am

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:

So says the guy with the big blue "C". At least you didn't engage it personal attacks or off-topic distractions.

Corporate tax increases are just to the level they were on election day 2006. No higher. I'm saying individuals need tax cuts, corporations have enough.

It has little to do with the "C" that resides next to my name, it's just a bad plan. You're ignoring major influences like the global economy,government revenues and the effect of massive tax increases on business.

Canada needs to be competitive on the global stage business wise and get more businesses to operate in Canada and spend their money so your notion of "corporations have enough" is typical Liberal speak forgetting that these are the companies that employ the people of Canada.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:26 pm

Corporations always say that. And they get rich while average working Canadians get poor. Any tax cuts for corporations never result in jobs. As the Americans have shown many times, tax cuts for the rich never trickle down.

Besides, when Liberals took over from Mulroney Conservatives in 1993, corporate income tax was 28%, plus corporate capital tax, plus corporate surtax. By 2006 corporate income tax was reduced to 21%, the law to abolish corporate capital tax was pass. And Harper Conservatives got rid of corporate surtax. I agree all that had to be done, but I'm saying that's enough.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:54 pm

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
Xort Xort:

R=UP

Very interesting ideas here! +5