Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:15 pm

Will there ever be a time when Canada says "enough is enough" with Quebec and their selfish, seperatist bullshit?

Let's just let them leave. Please.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:15 pm

How about, we let them leave, then invade them and take them over :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:20 pm

I say we let the seperatist have Hans Island and be done with them. They want to be a nation, there you go. Enjoy your fishing and tourism.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:42 pm

As I've said before, no matter how bad you guys kicked our ass in 1812 we're still not taking Quebec so don't even THINK about it!

:lol:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:57 pm

This is a tough one for me. At bottom I favor small federal goverments. Quebec has abused it's position but it has forced Canada to make rulings that allow for seccesion. I think this is a vitally important right. The US had it before Lincoln but alas the States no longer have the balls to stand up to the Fed. It used to be the Republicans spoke pretty words about returning to the constitution but we all know where that ended up. :evil:

State/Provincial rights are very important.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:16 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
As I've said before, no matter how bad you guys kicked our ass in 1812 we're still not taking Quebec so don't even THINK about it!

[stupid] If the USA took Quebec our nation IQ would drop at least 2 points.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:16 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

You take them.......please?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:28 pm

Well if we had a referendum for a constitutional amendment to remove Quebec it could legally be done. So yes Id vote to remove them from Canada. But some of the land where the aboriginals live mostly the north should be a new territory or merged with Labrador.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:04 pm

Nonono! Let's Keep Quebec!

Just take the separatists... (all of them, from all across Canada, they ARE everywhere) and invoke a little War Measures Act on them.

Maybe off on Vancouver Island...

Let's call is "Nanaimo Bay"....

I'm sure the rest of Canada wouldn't care, ;)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:39 pm

Canada should separate from Ottawa.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:48 pm

grainfedprairieboy grainfedprairieboy:
Canada should separate from Ottawa.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:00 pm

Tricks Tricks:

:lol: :lol: :lol: PDT_Armataz_01_37

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:05 pm

Banff Banff:
Tricks Tricks:

:lol: :lol: :lol: PDT_Armataz_01_37

Yup, ole 'guts & glory' Banff. By golly a Quebec invasion to protest would be kinda like your World Series wouldn't it?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:07 am

I was pissed at the idea that Quebec had a vote about their future, and the rest of Canadians didn't have a say in it. If a province wants to rip the country in half, shouldn't all Canadians get to vote on it? I would have vote no, you must stay and work out your differences.

I think Ottawa was worried that the other provinces might have voted 'go' in a rednecked way, but I feel that most of us would vote from our hearts and choose to keep Quebec in the country,

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:01 am

$1:
I was pissed at the idea that Quebec had a vote about their future, and the rest of Canadians didn't have a say in it. If a province wants to rip the country in half, shouldn't all Canadians get to vote on it? I would have vote no, you must stay and work out your differences.

I think Ottawa was worried that the other provinces might have voted 'go' in a rednecked way, but I feel that most of us would vote from our hearts and choose to keep Quebec in the country,

Well we have the Clarity Act which will probably be respected.

* Giving the House of Commons the power to decide whether a proposed referendum question was considered clear before the public vote;
* Specifically stating that any question not solely referring to secession was to be considered unclear;
* Giving the House of Commons the power to determine whether or not a clear majority has expressed itself in any referendum, implying that some sort of supermajority is required for success;
* Stating that all provinces and the First Nations were to be part of the negotiations;
* Allowing the House of Commons to override a referendum decision if it felt the referendum violated any of the tenets of the Clarity Act.

As for the provinces being able to decide? It is none of their business really if a province wants to leave. How does Ontario get to tell the people of Quebec what to do? Or why would British Columbians have a say in it?

Imagine if lets say 60% of the province of Quebec voted separation. Are we going to really tell them they cannot? The country could turn into a civil war then, which would be far worse. If Quebec has another referendum I think we should just ask them to leave. How many of these will we have to put up with? This is a province on any given day 30%-40% of the people wish to separate. It doesn't matter what we do these same people will feel this way. I say we should just push them out the door and grab as much land and money out of them as we can. Then it will be over and we won't have to think about it anymore. Canada will probably be better off and the rest of the country could end up being more unified.