Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:41 am

Guards cleared in hospital death of Stephanie Warriner. Here's the footage no jury will ever see

$1:
Danielle Stephanie Warriner sits alone in a Toronto hospital lobby, wearing little more than a pale blue medical gown. Moments later, she's wheeled away by guards, her slight frame slumped in a wheelchair, her legs dangling from the edge.

What happens in between isn't captured on video.

Instead, a security camera was purposely turned away as guards approached the 43-year-old, pushed her against a wall and restrained her on the ground before she lost consciousness — never to regain it. 

Those scenes are part of the evidence that would have been heard at the trial of the guards charged in Warriner's death at Toronto General Hospital in May 2020.

Now, that won't happen. In a surprise move by an Ontario judge on Nov. 22, the case against the guards has been quashed and the trial that was supposed to begin this May struck from the docket. 

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:30 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Guards cleared in hospital death of Stephanie Warriner. Here's the footage no jury will ever see

$1:
Danielle Stephanie Warriner sits alone in a Toronto hospital lobby, wearing little more than a pale blue medical gown. Moments later, she's wheeled away by guards, her slight frame slumped in a wheelchair, her legs dangling from the edge.

Instead, a security camera was purposely turned away as guards approached the 43-year-old, pushed her against a wall and restrained her on the ground before she lost consciousness — never to regain it. 

Those scenes are part of the evidence that would have been heard at the trial of the guards charged in Warriner's death at Toronto General Hospital in May 2020.

Now, that won't happen. In a surprise move by an Ontario judge on Nov. 22, the case against the guards has been quashed and the trial that was supposed to begin this May struck from the docket. 

$1:
"Later on, Mr. Hutley began sobbing and admitted he had not been truthful in the report, saying 'I'm sorry. I would have never said the things I said in there if I knew there was a video,'" the document says.

Fucking disgusting! :evil:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:01 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

$1:

$1:
"Later on, Mr. Hutley began sobbing and admitted he had not been truthful in the report, saying 'I'm sorry. I would have never said the things I said in there if I knew there was a video,'" the document says.

Agreed. I hope the family pushes to have this decision reviewed. How could the security guard NOT know there was video footage?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:25 pm

Strutz Strutz:
bootlegga bootlegga:

$1:

Agreed. I hope the family pushes to have this decision reviewed. How could the security guard NOT know there was video footage?

Because the guard thought he, or his accomplice, moved the camera before the assault began. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:29 am

$1:
Because the guard thought he, or his accomplice, moved the camera before the assault began.

Or that one of his buddies new how to erase or stop the recording.

Side note at the old site I worked at I accidently did just that. I hit a switch that stop the recording of all the cameras for the building. We didn't know that's what it did. It was not recording for almost 2 weeks. None of us knew till we had to go and try to review an incident. [B-o]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:34 am

$1:
On March 25, 2015, El Hallak was arrested outside his east Edmonton home by Downing and his former partner Const. Nicholas Talvio.

El Hallak, who sustained facial fractures during the arrest, accused Downing of punching him repeatedly and calling him a f--king n----r and a f--king Muslim.

Downing said he delivered one closed-fist punch to the head to subdue a fleeing El Hallak and never used racial slurs — an account supported by Talvio.

Under the Police Act, Downing faced six charges including unlawful or unnecessary exercise of authority. Talvio was charged for allegedly failing to intervene or report the inappropriate use of force.

Both constables were charged with deceit for allegedly providing false notes and statements. After a hearing peppered with stops and starts over nearly two years, the presiding officer cleared the officers on all charges.

Appeal dismissed in misconduct acquittal of Edmonton police officer

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:20 am

$1:
Edmonton police detective who missed body at double homicide scene demoted

The disciplinary case is interwoven with three homicide trials, as well as explosive allegations brought by another former police detective who claimed senior EPS officers tried to insulate notorious landlord Abdullah Shah from prosecution

An Edmonton police detective who failed to find a body while searching a homicide scene — then tried to pin blame on other officers — has narrowly avoided being fired.

Paul Kelly, a one-time detective with the Edmonton Police Service crime scene investigation unit, has been demoted to constable after a disciplinary hearing found he overlooked the body of Blayne Burnstick while searching the basement of a notorious rooming house that was the scene of two homicides.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/crime/ ... ne-demoted

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:27 am

Calgary man shot by Red Deer RCMP days after he was reported missing

$1:
The Calgary Police Service said it could not comment further on the case because of privacy issues.

What a fucking lie! What possible 'privacy issues' could there be in a public shooting?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:16 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Calgary man shot by Red Deer RCMP days after he was reported missing

$1:
The Calgary Police Service said it could not comment further on the case because of privacy issues.

What a fucking lie! What possible 'privacy issues' could there be in a public shooting?

Missing Winnipeg man's phone used to call police 3 hours before he was shot by Alberta RCMP: ASIRT

$1:
On March 12, just after 11 a.m., RCMP received a call about a man with a gun committing a carjacking in a Red Deer Walmart parking lot.

The call was made from Klack's phone, according to ASIRT.

RCMP arrived and found Klack's vehicle but could not locate the missing man.

Three hours later, two RCMP officers spotted Klack walking westbound on 67th Street in Red Deer.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 472 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 24  25  26  27  28  29  30 ... 32  Next