bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:24 pm

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
$1:
he last job I had depended heavily on Americans buying our product.

What were you selling?
Well I wasn't selling in particular, but my company manufactured roof trusses. And in the winter of course a large part of our market was the US as they did most of the building in the winter months. Their business kept many of us from being layed off. I often wondered why they would purchase trusses from us when certainly they had manufacturers available locally. Must have been the cheaper labour and wood costs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:43 pm

$1:
Canada (and the USA) should seriously reconsider their policies of doing business with regimes whose practices would be illegal and reprehensible in our own countries.

Fucking laughable. Can you say hypocrisy? If you are going to wave the savior flag you need to be above reproach. Syria an ally in the US war on Terror (read Harper's new vision of Canada) makes the Chinese wrongs look like jay walking. (check out the link) Yet little has been voiced by way of concern in that direction.

http://web.amnesty.org/library/eng-2md/index

....could taking a poke at the Chinese bear with a stick be more politically motivated than the need to express our fundamnetal values?

Thanks for being my conscience ole Stevie Boy!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:47 am

WindyCity WindyCity:
Fucking laughable. Can you say hypocrisy? If you are going to wave the savior flag you need to be above reproach. Syria an ally in the US war on Terror (read Harper's new vision of Canada) makes the Chinese wrongs look like jay walking. (check out the link) Yet little has been voiced by way of concern in that direction.

http://web.amnesty.org/library/eng-2md/index

....could taking a poke at the Chinese bear with a stick be more politically motivated than the need to express our fundamnetal values?

Thanks for being my conscience ole Stevie Boy!

Ok, name a middle eastern country that you want as a ally and also has a perfect track record.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:08 am

$1:
Ok, name a middle eastern country that you want as a ally and also has a perfect track record.

Qatar :)

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Edmonton Oilers

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:56 am

China has two goals in the next 10-20 years.
1. To become the World's biggest Military Super Power.
2.To become the World's biggest Economic Power..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:41 pm

Not necessarily China's stated Goal but by the shear size of its population and the rapid growth we have been witness to over the past few years of the Chineses econmoy (10 % per anum) We are seeing A shift in world power. Growth which we see coming at the expense of the American economy (canada's strongest ally) and currently the largest world economic and military power.