CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 6681
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:53 am
 


Quote:
Five Conservative candidates whose campaigns participated in a contentious party program to shift around more than $1 million in advertising money during the 2006 election later received either ministerial-level jobs or a government patronage post.

The financial transfers have set off a court battle between the Conservative party and Elections Canada over candidate finance reports. After the election, some of these unsuccessful Tory candidates were given important jobs by the Harper government, including positions with Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day and Environment Minister John Baird.


Link


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
Profile
Posts: 5740
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:53 am
 


Yeah well at least they were not screwing around with governement funds.....that's a LIBRANO tradition.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 6681
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:44 am
 


Ah, so because the Liberals broke the law, the Conservatives are allowed to break the law as well? What the hell kind of reasoning is that?


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
Profile
Posts: 2880
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:56 am
 


sasquatch2 wrote:
Yeah well at least they were not screwing around with governement funds.....that's a LIBRANO tradition.



this does look like a financial problem or usually way of spending money but unlike the sponsorship scandal it doesn't even any government or taxpayer money .
this problem only involves conservative election money / expenses so it hardly counts as government corruption or as a major scandal.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4663
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:37 am
 


ryan29 wrote:
this problem only involves conservative election money / expenses so it hardly counts as government corruption or as a major scandal.


It looks like rigging an election.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4502
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:41 am
 


sasquatch2 wrote:
Yeah well at least they were not screwing around with governement funds.....that's a LIBRANO tradition.


As I keep telling you CON men. The group responsible for that are NOW GONE FROM THE PARTY! The shame of it is those responsible have not gotten the well deserved jail time and been fined down to their shorts and socks.


Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 36
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:39 am
 


BluesBud wrote:
sasquatch2 wrote:
Yeah well at least they were not screwing around with governement funds.....that's a LIBRANO tradition.


As I keep telling you CON men. The group responsible for that are NOW GONE FROM THE PARTY! The shame of it is those responsible have not gotten the well deserved jail time and been fined down to their shorts and socks.


I doubt they are actually gone they are just behind the scenes. Yeah just shows you can't trust the Cons or the Libranos. NDP forever!!!!!!!!


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11964
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:41 am
 


mankind3 wrote:
BluesBud wrote:
sasquatch2 wrote:
Yeah well at least they were not screwing around with governement funds.....that's a LIBRANO tradition.


As I keep telling you CON men. The group responsible for that are NOW GONE FROM THE PARTY! The shame of it is those responsible have not gotten the well deserved jail time and been fined down to their shorts and socks.


I doubt they are actually gone they are just behind the scenes. Yeah just shows you can't trust the Cons or the Libranos. NDP forever!!!!!!!!


[laughat] Now that's funny!


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63801
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:49 am
 


mankind3 wrote:
BluesBud wrote:
sasquatch2 wrote:
Yeah well at least they were not screwing around with governement funds.....that's a LIBRANO tradition.


As I keep telling you CON men. The group responsible for that are NOW GONE FROM THE PARTY! The shame of it is those responsible have not gotten the well deserved jail time and been fined down to their shorts and socks.


I doubt they are actually gone they are just behind the scenes. Yeah just shows you can't trust the Cons or the Libranos. NDP forever!!!!!!!!


Yeah! Enough of all that Conservative and Liberal corruption! Canada needs to give the NDP a chance at being corrupt, too! Why should just the major parties have all the graft?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 22818
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:50 am
 


BluesBud wrote:
sasquatch2 wrote:
Yeah well at least they were not screwing around with governement funds.....that's a LIBRANO tradition.


As I keep telling you CON men. The group responsible for that are NOW GONE FROM THE PARTY! The shame of it is those responsible have not gotten the well deserved jail time and been fined down to their shorts and socks.


Yeah, We saw that pillar of honor, Volpe during the campaign. Nice guy, and the kids love him.

I'd say the only Libs with honor and integrity have already left the Liberal party.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
Profile
Posts: 3817
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:08 pm
 


Rev_Blair wrote:
Ah, so because the Liberals broke the law, the Conservatives are allowed to break the law as well? What the hell kind of reasoning is that?


Nope, it just means that anyone that can look at a mountain of liberal law breaking and see nothing, then looks at a mole hill of conservative law breaking and see a mountain.....


.....is a hypocrit!


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4502
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:42 pm
 


ridenrain wrote:
BluesBud wrote:
sasquatch2 wrote:
Yeah well at least they were not screwing around with governement funds.....that's a LIBRANO tradition.


As I keep telling you CON men. The group responsible for that are NOW GONE FROM THE PARTY! The shame of it is those responsible have not gotten the well deserved jail time and been fined down to their shorts and socks.


Yeah, We saw that pillar of honor, Volpe during the campaign. Nice guy, and the kids love him.

I'd say the only Libs with honor and integrity have already left the Liberal party.


Exactly why I joined. To work at change and help rebuild a once proud Canadian political party from the inside.

So are you saying my honor & integrity are in question for doing so 'rain?


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4663
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:34 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
mankind3 wrote:
BluesBud wrote:
sasquatch2 wrote:
Yeah well at least they were not screwing around with governement funds.....that's a LIBRANO tradition.


As I keep telling you CON men. The group responsible for that are NOW GONE FROM THE PARTY! The shame of it is those responsible have not gotten the well deserved jail time and been fined down to their shorts and socks.


I doubt they are actually gone they are just behind the scenes. Yeah just shows you can't trust the Cons or the Libranos. NDP forever!!!!!!!!


Yeah! Enough of all that Conservative and Liberal corruption! Canada needs to give the NDP a chance at being corrupt, too! Why should just the major parties have all the graft?


Twisted conception of justice.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 22818
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:42 pm
 


BluesBud wrote:
ridenrain wrote:
BluesBud wrote:
sasquatch2 wrote:
Yeah well at least they were not screwing around with governement funds.....that's a LIBRANO tradition.


As I keep telling you CON men. The group responsible for that are NOW GONE FROM THE PARTY! The shame of it is those responsible have not gotten the well deserved jail time and been fined down to their shorts and socks.


Yeah, We saw that pillar of honor, Volpe during the campaign. Nice guy, and the kids love him.

I'd say the only Libs with honor and integrity have already left the Liberal party.


Exactly why I joined. To work at change and help rebuild a once proud Canadian political party from the inside.

So are you saying my honor & integrity are in question for doing so 'rain?


Sleep with dogs, wake up with fleas.

No political party is pure because politics is power and people who would abuse it, are drawn to power. The problem is the Libs were in power too long, without sufficient opposition, and they have become corrupt. It's not personal.

You have to admit that instead of the year of interspective that was needed to heal the rifts and root out the entitlement mentality, they went straight into election mode, with many of the same people.

You might see a nice new car, fresh from the carwash but I'm seeing the same troublesome wreck.. and we're still hearing of all the bodies in the trunk.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4502
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:51 pm
 


ridenrain wrote:

Sleep with dogs, wake up with fleas.

No political party is pure because politics is power and people who would abuse it, are drawn to power. The problem is the Libs were in power too long, without sufficient opposition, and they have become corrupt. It's not personal.

You have to admit that instead of the year of interspective that was needed to heal the rifts and root out the entitlement mentality, they went straight into election mode, with many of the same people.

You might see a nice new car, fresh from the carwash but I'm seeing the same troublesome wreck.. and we're still hearing of all the bodies in the trunk.


Shouldn't people of character and the right thinking come forward to reclaim the party from those self serving con-artists that have hi-jacked its good name? That is what I and others are trying to do. I feel this is worth while. I want to make a difference and I don't believe I can to that as a member of the Conservative Party. If you think all the people involved in the Liberal Party are corrupt you are deluded. If you think I can be bought you really don't know me and are truly deluded indeed.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  1  2  3  4  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: housewife and 2 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.