Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:49 pm

If you risk your life to run into a burning building to save someone, and then as soon as you turn around, they run right back inside, are you obligated in any way to risk your life again to save their stupid ass?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:49 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
OPP OPP:
ridenrain ridenrain:
I thought these Palastinian refugee camps were under the protection of the all see-ing, all-knowing, all powerful, UN.
Woops.

Yes.. the farce that is U.N continue to amaze the right as they fail to understand it's true role in world politics.

I like to think of the U.N as a hand with five fingers; China, Russia, U.S.A, Britain and France. Not until the individual fingers all reach for the same object does it succesfully grab and obtain it. Two fingers will suffice, however, IF the remaining fingers don't struggle or twitch too much.

Which of the fingers was for genocide in Bosnia or Rwanda? The middle one, perhaps? :roll:
China's in Darfur but all the others are rather upset about it all, genocide being recognised as a bad thing and all.

[huh] I'm not sure what you mean? If China is acting on it's own, without the suport of atleast one of the other "fingers", they'll have a hard time justifying their actions.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:49 am

The Chinese never worry about justifying their actions, or haven't you noticed?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:23 am

You're idea that the "five fingers of the UN China, Russia, U.S.A, Britain and France" would some how work together hasn't shown up in reality. China is the middle finger abd France is definately the pinky because they are usually farthest from the rest of the countries.
I'd question if the fingers were even on the same hand.

Face it, the UN hasn't really done anything.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:13 am

I'd be in favour of a "one time only " rescue clause in the Canadian Citizenship Act, that clearly states that Canada will save your ass ONCE, in your lifetime. After that you are on YOUR OWN.

I am heartily sick and tired of hearing these " people with a Canadian Passport" who are content to live in some other part of the world, BUT want Canada to rescue them , when the excrement hits the air movement device, AGAIN.

If I choose to live in some armpit of a third world nation ( fill in the blank here ) I accept the risks of being there. If the natives are killing each other, AGAIN, Canada is NOT required to do anything, AGAIN.

I make a distinction between actual Canadians, and those leaches who live here just long enough to get Canadian citizenship and then depart, with no contribution to Canada, either in financial sense or a commitment to Canada, while they are living "back home " in the third world.

A Canadian passport is valid for five years, so it would be a good idea to require holders to actually LIVE in Canada, for at least 3 out of the 5 years, yes? Or no renewal of that valuable document, yes? Citizenship is way TOO EASY to get in Canada, and too easy to abuse, too.

Jim B. Toronto.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:52 pm

I say we help them out, but only the ones that filed taxes in Canada last year.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:20 pm

Aging_Redneck Aging_Redneck:

I think that would be all of them! Don't they have to file a return in order to keep receiving all the benefits?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:22 pm

Yogi Yogi:
Aging_Redneck Aging_Redneck:

I think that would be all of them! Don't they have to file a return in order to keep receiving all the benefits?
No. Canadians with dual citizenship don't have to pay taxes to get the benefits. Why do you think us racist right wingers hate that?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:38 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
You're idea that the "five fingers of the UN China, Russia, U.S.A, Britain and France" would some how work together hasn't shown up in reality. China is the middle finger abd France is definately the pinky because they are usually farthest from the rest of the countries.
I'd question if the fingers were even on the same hand.

Face it, the UN hasn't really done anything.

No, your right. But how am I wrong?
The U.N is the big leags playground. You won't hear me out. You're just content in disagreeing even though you're actually agreeing with me???

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:42 pm

Then please show me the errors of my ways. Tell me the one big success the UN has had recently. So far the only thing that's winning is Anon's family and tendless meetings.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:50 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
Then please show me the errors of my ways. Tell me the one big success the UN has had recently. So far the only thing that's winning is Anon's family and tendless meetings.

........... riden... again. I think the U.N suck. You have your mind set on disagreeing with me. Fine. But you're actually agreeing with me. There is no debate???

Last edited by OPP on Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:59 pm

$1:
A Canadian passport is valid for five years, so it would be a good idea to require holders to actually LIVE in Canada, for at least 3 out of the 5 years, yes? Or no renewal of that valuable document, yes? Citizenship is way TOO EASY to get in Canada, and too easy to abuse, too.

I was born in Canada, raised in Canada, served in the Canadian military, pay property tax and income tax on investment income. However out of the last ten years, I've only lived in Canada two years, and in the last 20 years, about 7. The jobs I've held, have required me to be out of Canada. Anyone who suggests I don't deserve my citizenship, for living elsewhere, need weigh their contributions to Canada over mine. If anything I have helped to foster the image of Canada and Canadians abroad by doing what I do.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:00 pm

Then we both agree that the UN sucks. The last thing they did that was successful was North Korea, ans that was only because the mission was staffed by people who cared, the US, Canada, Brits, Australia, etc.. The UN really was just getting started then and the forces already had a system and history of working together. The UN was just a fancy umbrella name over top.

Flash foreward and it's all in the toilet. The UN has become a disfnctional pack of special interest groups where paria states like Belese has the same pull as as first world states, as long as the UN staff get their cut. The simple fact that Mosambique can represent anything other than hell on earth is proof of that.

I'm so glad we agree.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:01 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
$1:

I was born in Canada, raised in Canada, served in the Canadian military, pay property tax and income tax on investment income. However out of the last ten years, I've only lived in Canada two years, and in the last 20 years, about 7. The jobs I've held, have required me to be out of Canada. Anyone who suggests I don't deserve my citizenship, for living elsewhere, need weigh their contributions to Canada over mine. If anything I have helped to foster the image of Canada and Canadians abroad by doing what I do.

TRAITOR!!!!! [trumpet] :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:12 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
Then we both agree that the UN sucks. The last thing they did that was successful was North Korea, ans that was only because the mission was staffed by people who cared, the US, Canada, Brits, Australia, etc.. The UN really was just getting started then and the forces already had a system and history of working together. The UN was just a fancy umbrella name over top.

Flash foreward and it's all in the toilet. The UN has become a disfnctional pack of special interest groups where paria states like Belese has the same pull as as first world states, as long as the UN staff get their cut. The simple fact that Mosambique can represent anything other than hell on earth is proof of that.

I'm so glad we agree.

If we agree, then we agree.
There are five ruling countries.. the others are just a fasade, a gallery for the masses to be amazed at the entriquete political stage they belive their countries are a part of. The U.N is to the five ruling countries as Sicily were to the maffia. A place to laundry their dirty "put in whatever's on the agenda".