Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:28 am

The traditional Liberal solution was that westerners should elect more Liberals. It's not worked. Prime Minister Paul Martin told B.C. voters that if he does not reduce western alienation, he will consider his time in power a failure.

The west is growing larger, richer and more powerful but we are restricted from gaining more federal representation. This is really the only option available because the East will never grant us more seats.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:41 am

Lily, I didn't say it was right, I'm just saying it's a reality. And if this kind of horseshit worked for Querbec, why not use it to the West's advantage. I doubt there are too many here that actually want Canada to split up.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:41 am

Canadaka Canadaka:
I truely beleive even in Quebec and Alberta the people that want to seperate are small numbers, that are just vocal. Some people might consider it on a poll here or there, but when it really came down to it they would be for Canada.

Not so, you need to live out here, particularly in a smaller community.

I speak with people every day in Calgary and rural areas, and many have a very negative attitude about Canada and the USA?? (They love Harper)

Many feel that "it's our oil, why share."

I still believe personally, Federalist and/or a Global Economy is the better way. The bigger economic region the better for trade, security and movement of people.

These separatist are small minded, they think small.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:44 am

Stephane Dion is a Former Separatist!

As a leader of the Liberal Party of Canada, I guess it is better to be a former separatist than being a former federalist. But still.

As a youth, Stéphane Dion campaigned for the Parti Québécois!

According to tonight's Téléjournal on Radion-Canada, Dion was in favour of the Meech Lake Accord and, get this, he is in favour of Quebec's Charte de la langue française (aka Bill 101, bill 178, the sign law)!

I wonder how long Kennedy's support for Dion will last.

SOURCE

Last edited by tritium on Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:49 am

Canadaka Canadaka:
I should just fucking ban all you seperatist fucks, you make me sick.

Oh cry cry, we loose our conservative government, so lets work to break up the best country on earth.

I truely beleive even in Quebec and Alberta the people that want to seperate are small numbers, that are just vocal. Some people might consider it on a poll here or there, but when it really came down to it they would be for Canada.

Many US states have seperation parties or groups like above as well.

Lol! How long have you lived in BC now, 2 years? Unless you work for the CBC or for the feds downtown, you must catch some of this at the Starbucks. These feelings are definately not new and they would definately grow in number with another Liberal government.

[web]http://www.refedbc.com/USEofTAXES.html[/web]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:58 am

lily lily:
When ya gots nothin' it's best to stick with the misleadin' sound bite.

:roll: Didn't you even read the comments, tritium? The only people buying this are those desperate to cling to their power.

eh, sorry don't trust the French and Muslims. They all have a hidden agenda.

Personally I think Dion will screw this country royally.

www.DionSucks.com :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:01 pm

$1:
I should just fucking ban all you seperatist fucks, you make me sick.

Oh cry cry, we loose our conservative government, so lets work to break up the best country on earth.

Many US states have seperation parties or groups like above as well.

You are not much of an advocate of free speech are you? I don't think the numbers are as small as you think. This is not like 5% or 10% of the population. It is more than 25% it is over 30%, B.C. is 35% for Alberta it is 40%. If you want to compare Quebec look at their last referendum what was it 50.58% "No" to 49.42% "Yes". This is a province that really gains little by leaving it already has more influence politically, it has had its minority language adopted across the country, it receives more funds from the government by staying.

Provinces are free to join and leave my friend this confederation is only 139 years old. Borders do not stay the same and history should tell you that. Canada's borders have not stayed the same either. I think people like to lash out at those who want to leave but anyone who wants to join Canada they are probably more in open arms about it. Newfoundland joined Canada in 1949 and even so by only 52% at a time of great hardship. B.C. 12,000 people at the time only joined for money mostly. Alberta and Saskatchewan were created out of some land so they never really have been asked if they wish to remain or not or had any sort of referendum. Also there never has been a referendum to create any sort of western confederation either.

I think we would be better being separate from eastern Canada not because I want some totally conservative government or a republic or just really want to rule over Canada but because I believe we can create a better system of governance for ourselves and would be better having the ability to manage our own affairs more independently. I don’t hate Canadians or wish to just leave and build some giant wall at the border of Manitoba but I think it is time we begin to look after ourselves in our own confederation one much like the fathers of confederation originally wanted.

With 10 million people and a territory of 2,906,280 km2 about the size of Nunavut + the Northwest Territories with great resources and a GDP of $468.292 billion we would make a fine country.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:11 pm

$1:
I still believe personally, Federalist and/or a Global Economy is the better way. The bigger economic region the better for trade, security and movement of people.

These separatist are small minded, they think small.

On the contrary I am a great supporter of what was the Imperial Federation. A joining of the dominions of Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and the United Kingdom and all her dependencies into one single federal entity sharing one federal parliament. I would support such a measure today but only if the provinces within had a considerable degree of autonomy other than trade, defence, foreign affairs, and currency. But Canada is not this either and I believe it will never revert itself back to a smaller less dominating government therefore separation is the solution to me to achieving our full potential.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:18 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
Ezra Levant is a facist dickbag.

I'll second that.

I love how he bitches that Dion has been sucking at the taxpayer's teat...by being a university professor and then a politician. Lord knows professors have never done anything to better humanity. Obviously in his world, we should all write magazines filled with hate and BS.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:43 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:

But other than that, what do you think of him?

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:44 pm

Clogeroo, what about the demographics that show Western Canada with an above average aging society? How do we overcome something like that? Briing in more immigrants for 3rd world countries? I'm one of those they talk about. I'm ready to call it quits. I figure another two years and I'll be wealthy enough to retire in a manner that lets me live better than someone in Alberta. Explain to me how an independence and loss of my pension would motivate me to join your seperatist movement? By the way, this same situation is happening by the tens of thousands in Quebec and BC. I'm not unique in my thoughts.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:50 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
hurley_108 hurley_108:

But other than that, what do you think of him?

Nothing. He's not worth a second thought.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:51 pm

Avro Avro:
ridenrain ridenrain:
The traditional Liberal solution was that westerners should elect more Liberals. It's not worked. Prime Minister Paul Martin told B.C. voters that if he does not reduce western alienation, he will consider his time in power a failure.

The west is growing larger, richer and more powerful but we are restricted from gaining more federal representation. This is really the only option available because the East will never grant us more seats.

Okay, so let me get this straight. Alberta should have more control because of wealth even though they have better representation than Onatrio based on population?

The few should govern the many?

I have only one response to that....go fuck yourself!

Go cry to someone who is French, they may cry with you.

holy crap I agree with Avro 8O

honestly, you people have to stop crying about every little thing. Separatism should be like suicide, it should only be an option at the most extreme of times, and even then...it shouldn't really be an option. Quit being such cry babies and realize for once that Ontario has been getting raped in the ass by every single province except Alberta for the last few decades because we're the only ones that can sustain ourselves and sustain the other poorer provinces at the same time.

Your provincial or geographical location shouldn't matter, I don't care if you live in PEI, Nunavut or BC, Canada should always be the very first thing that you look out for.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 12  Next