Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:40 pm

Trudeau calls federal election, voters to go to the polls Sept. 20

$1:
Justin Trudeau has set in motion an early federal election, sending voters to the polls on Sept. 20 and setting up his re-election bid as a chance for Canadians to have their voices heard about who they want to lead the country at this pivotal moment in the pandemic.

The prime minister and Liberal leader visited Gov. Gen. Mary Simon at Rideau Hall Sunday morning where she accepted his request to dissolve the 43rd Parliament and draw up the 338 writs, triggering a summer election.

With voting day scheduled for Sept. 20, the campaign will be 36 days, the shortest possible election period under federal law.

Continued at:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/federal ... -1.5547815

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:47 pm

1) Shame on Trudeau for calling an election to bolster his ego at a time when we don't need an election.
2) Shame on the GG for being spineless and letting it happen.
3) Shame on anyone that votes for Trudeau.

That is all.

-J.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:58 pm

Lol, I know of no one that is voting liberal. I have my doubts anyone on this board is either.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:49 pm

Shame on anyone thinking of voting Conservative you mean.
A sudden lurch in policies right now would be disastrous. Specially a lurch backwards.
Not one policy that would actually benefit the working person, not so much as one.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:51 pm

And a party that's more firmly in the ugly grip of the alt-right, the social conservative kooks, and the austerity junkies with every passing year. Hopefully the rest of the country is smarter than to allow what's happened in Alberta courtesy of the frauds in the UCP to be repeated on the federal level.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:53 pm

Scape Scape:
Lol, I know of no one that is voting liberal. I have my doubts anyone on this board is either.

Don't look at me... but I don't want to vote Conservative, NDP, Bloc or Green either. What's left?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:02 pm

raydan raydan:
Scape Scape:

Don't look at me... but I don't want to vote Conservative, NDP, Bloc or Green either. What's left?

The Rhino Party

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:13 pm

Scape Scape:

Speak only for yourself, mate. At best there's all of two CKA-ers who are going to happily vote Conservative and the bulk of the rest hardly seem bursting with energy to support the kooks in the federal NDP or the wildly dysfunctional Greens. That pretty much indicates that you-know-who, for better or worse, is going to get the most votes from the members here.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:17 pm

xerxes xerxes:
raydan raydan:
Scape Scape:

The Rhino Party

I can only hope

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:20 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Speak only for yourself, mate. At best there's all of two CKA-ers who are going to happily vote Conservative and the bulk of the rest hardly seem bursting with energy to support the kooks in the federal NDP or the wildly dysfunctional Greens. That pretty much indicates that you-know-who, for better or worse, is going to get the most votes from the members here.

All of those votes are in districts where the outcome is a fait accompli. Winning 'harder' isn't going to get you more seat thou.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:21 pm

Scape Scape:

aka the list of places to quite literally throw your vote away entirely. Wonder if the tin-foil hats in Maxime's People's Party will manage to break thru the magic 1.7% of total votes this time around. The real fun with them though will once again be in seeing how many of his candidates are outed as active Jew-haters, Lake-of-Fire hate-preachers, assault-weapon fetishists, or were seen attacking the US Capitol with their American cousins in MAGA back on Jan 6. :lol:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:17 pm

Bloody waist of money!! The next wave may or may not be hitting…. He couldn’t wait till the shit had finished hitting the fan? At this point all I can say is please not a majority government! Wonder if anyone is running Rhino around here

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:27 pm

If you want to guarantee he get his majority vote Rhino.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:22 pm

very few in my neck-of-the-woods are voting for Teflon McSocks or the Tool, most are Greenies or Dippers.