CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

What is the primary reason(s) for you decision on the gun registry?
gun control ( want more of it)  8%  [ 14 ]
gun control (want less of it)  12%  [ 20 ]
the registry will lead to confiscation  6%  [ 10 ]
it just a big waste of money  22%  [ 38 ]
it will save lives  9%  [ 16 ]
it ineffective at saving lives  13%  [ 22 ]
its progressive with a world trend to disarm peaceful people  2%  [ 3 ]
its something that hitler wanted  6%  [ 10 ]
whatever the liberals want is fine with me  23%  [ 40 ]
Total votes : 173

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:57 am

hi, I tried to come up with a complete list of responses, but I guess this is only an unscientific poll so please bare with me.

Most of us already have an opinion for or against the gun registry.

My question is "what do you see as the underlying or primary reason behind your opinion?"

For example:
I see it as an issue of gun confiscation from law abiding citizens, and thats why I oppose the registry, ie not for what it does, but for what I believe it may lead to.

I tried to make it so you can select up to 3 choices

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:24 am

I fully agree that it could potentially lead to confiscation. I believe that it is entirely a waste of money the only people forced to register are law abiding. It costs a small fortune to just get licensed to own and transport guns. RFAC/NRFAC courses can run about $125+, then submitting for the license $80, then the wait to get your license. It is nonsense. When you finally get around to registering the gun, there is a huge dollar amount to dish out, depending on the classification of gun.

I cannot see how anyone thinks gun control/registry will cut crime or gun deaths.....It is very easy to obtain a gun for the purpose of committing crime and chances are it isnt registered. Of course supporters of gun control policies will bring up the recent shootings in Vancouver, but I would bet my life that the guns used in those shootings were not registered.

There are more stabbings in Canada than shootings so my thought is that all Ginzu Knives be registered....cuz you never know when a random stabbing could occur....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:44 am

it will save lives :roll: Right,..
Like prohibition prevented drinking,
Like legalizing prostitution will stop sexual assaults,
Like voting Liberal yields better government
:roll:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:11 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
Hey dude, check it
out. Harper is the government now and anything that happens in regards to gun control is not the fault of the liberals, it now "gun control, Harper style." Except he does not have the balls to stand up to the discrepancy between his hard line and public opinion, like we have seen on the environment.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:15 am

SNAP!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:31 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
ridenrain ridenrain:
Hey dude, check it
out. Harper is the government now and anything that happens in regards to gun control is not the fault of the liberals, it now "gun control, Harper style." Except he does not have the balls to stand up to the discrepancy between his hard line and public opinion, like we have seen on the environment.

We've had handgun control in Canada since Christ was a cowboy, and we have drug related shootouts almost every night in Vancouver.
I don't think it's working.

More effective punishment does work but you Liberals won't even let us change you're wimpy appointed judges.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:02 am

Dad was a cop for 38 years and I can remember him telling me in 1978 that we had reached the point of diminishing returns wrt gun control laws. Today? They only serve as a money grab with little to no positive effect.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:06 am

some of the states with the biggest gun control laws have the must gun related crimes...

Gun control does not work, criminals still obtain guns and law abiding citizens are made criminals just for having a gun.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:09 am

I find it funny as hell here that the poll numbers are all wonky with the debate in this thread. You can flood the numbers all you like (very similar to buss loads of immigrants payed to vote for a candidate :-)) but the reality is that the present gun control system is doing nothing to slow gun crimes.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:12 am

TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
There are more stabbings in Canada than shootings so my thought is that all Ginzu Knives be registered....cuz you never know when a random stabbing could occur....

Now that stabbings are increasing in the UK they are seriously moving ahead to ban steak knives - and I am not exaggerating.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:16 am

ridenrain ridenrain:

Sadly, of late there is little functional difference between the liberals and the alleged conservatives be it south or north of the border.

Neither party respects individual rights.
Neither party respects national sovereignty.
Neither party is willing to make tough choices on spending, military, or immigration.

Western civilization, in my estimation, is in decline.

We are unwilling to sacrifice for our children and, in fact of our mounting national debts, we are actually asking our children and their children to sacrifice for us. :roll:

We are done for.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:17 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:

Now that stabbings are increasing in the UK they are seriously moving ahead to ban steak knives - and I am not exaggerating.

You want a prime example of a nanny state? Look no further than the UK. I've heard dozens of stories over the years of schools banning swings and playing tag. Not to mention the fact that you'd probably get your picture taken 3000 times before lunch in London on their security cameras.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:33 am

hurley_108 hurley_108:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:

You want a prime example of a nanny state? Look no further than the UK. I've heard dozens of stories over the years of schools banning swings and playing tag. Not to mention the fact that you'd probably get your picture taken 3000 times before lunch in London on their security cameras.

Add to that the UK movement to ban images of hogs and pigs and the use of swine-related names on businesses because they offend mooslims. :roll:

Ye Olde Hogshead Pub from 1687? Yep, despite the fact you've had that name for 300+ years you'll have to change that name because you have to be tolerant of mooslims, they don't have to be tolerant of you.

The UK is insane.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:37 am

$1:
The UK is insane.

Yo hablo espanol? ;)