Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:12 am

Harper’s monster-sized delegation: 21 rabbis and a priest
$1:
COLOGNE, Germany – Prime Minister Stephen Harper is set to arrive for his first-ever visit to Israel Sunday afternoon leading a monster-sized delegation that includes 21 rabbis.

Harper left Ottawa Saturday night with his red, white, and blue Royal Canadian Air Force jet crammed with what is easily the largest delegation he has ever had for an overseas trip.

The plane landed here to refuel before continuing on to Tel Aviv.
As the plane departed Ottawa, Harper’s aides distributed a list of 208 individuals that is part of Harper’s official accompanying party for his four days in Israel.

In addition to the 21 rabbis, there are also 27 chief executives of Canadian companies, at least one Roman Catholic priest, a handful of lobbyists, and other representatives from corporate Canada.

On top of that, Harper is travelling with cabinet ministers James Moore, Ed Fast, Christian Paradis, John Baird, Jason Kenney and Joe Oliver.

But that’s just the start of the parliamentary contingent. There’s also eight MPs — Alberta’s Blake Richards, Ontario’s John Carmichael, Chungsen Leung, David Sweet, Peter Kent and Mark Adler, and BC’s James Lunney — plus two senators — Irving Gerstein and Judith Seidman.

Harper is also travelling with his regular retinue of advisors, press secretaries, RCMP security staff and bureaucrats. And, in the back of the plane, there is a regular-sized group of about 15 members of the Parliamentary Press Gallery who will report on the trip.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:35 am

He's also paying the expenses of all those people, including the non-government ones. At least it should make for good new jokes: 200 rabbis, a priest and a Reformacon walk into a bar...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:52 am

We needs the sheckels.

For everyone who bitches about us being slaves to the Americans;

Harper is now trying to do something it, so sit down and STFU.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:49 pm

$1:
Mr. Harper came bringing pledges of new aid, but also rebuffed questions about Israeli settlements by saying he wouldn’t stand in the Middle East and criticize Israel. And he insisted that his support for Israel has not given short shrift to the plight of Palestinians.
But on a key point of controversy, Israeli settlements in occupied lands, Mr. Harper, at a joint press conference with Mr. Abbas, tartly rebuffed questions about whether he views them as illegal. Canada’s foreign affairs department, on its website, refers to land seized in 1967 as occupied land, but Mr. Harper’s spokesman last week would not say whether that is still government policy. Mr. Harper indicated, in an indirect way, that the policy itself has not changed, but also that he won’t say it – insisting he won’t come to the Middle East and criticize Israel for settlements.

Bock-bock-bock says the Harper. What's that say if Israel's best friend is two-faced?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:27 pm

You folk have nothing to worry about, its most probably an all expense paid trip by the Israelis to ensure more blind obedience of the Canadian govt.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:46 pm

He's actually only footing the bill for the official delegation, the rest pay for themselves.

It takes guts for a politician to take a pro Israel stand, it certainly isn't politically expedient.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:38 pm

redhatmamma redhatmamma:
He's actually only footing the bill for the official delegation, the rest pay for themselves.

No issue here then.

And I have no problem with Canada being a good friend of Israel.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:34 pm

desertdude desertdude:
You folk have nothing to worry about, its most probably an all expense paid trip by the Israelis to ensure more blind obedience of the Canadian govt.

Oh, did the Israelis buy more than the US government?

Whoever knew a country of 8 million could afford to control so many governments. :roll:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:39 am

Yeah yeah I know you get a twist in your panties everytime someone say something about your favourtist and bestest place on the planet Israel, specially a muzzie like me, cuz you know we hate dem joos and want blow it off the map and shit ! Can't stand to hear criticism about it can you and any criticism of Israel automatically akins to anti semitism, right ? Just like Hypocrite Harper as posted in the snippet by curt.

But look it up young blood before you start rolling your eyes. Its not uncommon for them to pay for trips for politicians or people they deem important. For example AIPAC wines and dines a good number of US congressmen on fully paid week long "educational" trips to Israel, where they rub shoulders with top Israeli political figures.

Once you get out of school and into the real world maybe then we'll talk. Until then keep rollin' dem eyez.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:46 am

redhatmamma redhatmamma:

Where did you get that from?

$1:
And, in the back of the plane, there is a regular-sized group of about 15 members of the Parliamentary Press Gallery who will report on the trip.

The travel and hotel bills for all but the media will be picked up by the Canadian taxpayer. That total is not yet available.

He's paying the bill? Personally?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:25 am

I read it on the CBC a couple of days ago, it said the official delegation of about 30 would be covered. There was also a tweet from the PMO about it, didn't keep the link. I appears that it's changed since I read that, some of the bill will be covered by the gov't.

This is standard practice for a gov't. do you remember Chretien's trips he called Team Canada I think. His big trip to China was with 600 people so IMO this is another mountain out of a molehill.

I give credit to the PM for having the morals and ethics to do go against the tide in this one. He's doing a great job for Canada .. The Palestinians got more money out of it too.

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/photos/ ... 014/01/21/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:29 am

redhatmamma redhatmamma:
I give credit to the PM for having the morals and ethics to do go against the tide in this one.

ROTFL

$1:
"The one lesson I think we have learned is that when somebody is a minority, particularly a small minority in the world, one goes out of one's way to embrace them, not to single them out for criticism," Harper said.

You heard it here first. You can break International law if you are a minority.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:33 am

commanderkai commanderkai:
desertdude desertdude:

Oh, did the Israelis buy more than the US government?

Whoever knew a country of 8 million could afford to control so many governments. :roll:

All of western Europe is a ZOG zone too....even those who are extremely critical of Israel. It`s all smoke and mirrors to trick and distract the silly goyim....oh and don`t forget the Israeli Monetary Fund

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:08 am

As PM SH said, why should he go out of the way to criticize Israel while visiting. Should he criticize Palestine and Hamas while he's there too, or is it only Israel he should criticize.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:16 pm

desertdude desertdude:
Yeah yeah I know you get a twist in your panties everytime someone say something about your favourtist and bestest place on the planet Israel, specially a muzzie like me, cuz you know we hate dem joos and want blow it off the map and shit !Can't stand to hear criticism about it can you and any criticism of Israel automatically akins to anti semitism, right ? Just like Hypocrite Harper as posted in the snippet by curt.

You do realize you basically said something that borderlines antisemitism. Criticizing Israel is one thing. There are plenty of people on this site who criticize Israel, but you have a bad tendency to go into more bullshit antisemitic statements like the one I just quoted. The worst part is, I think you realize it too, that's why you're going on a tangent and making up shit.

$1:
But look it up young blood before you start rolling your eyes. Its not uncommon for them to pay for trips for politicians or people they deem important. For example AIPAC wines and dines a good number of US congressmen on fully paid week long "educational" trips to Israel, where they rub shoulders with top Israeli political figures.

What's your point? Lobbyist organizations in the United States have a lot of money to throw around, and it's not just limited to AIPAC. Saying that a lobbying group actually rewards the various political officials in their camp isn't exactly surprising. I wouldn't exactly call that proof of some vast Israeli ownership of the US government, since, in all likelihood, those same officials had those same pro-Israel viewpoints before those trips.

Just like right now, where Prime Minister Harper has held his views, even though the Jewish voting bloc is rather small in Canada, along with little established pro-Israel lobbying in Canadian politics. But, of course, those Israelis just poured money into Harper's pocket, or something.

$1:
Once you get out of school and into the real world maybe then we'll talk. Until then keep rollin' dem eyez.

Once you can enter any topic involving Israel that doesn't involve you spewing antisemitism, let me know.