CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23703
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:33 pm
 


lily wrote:
Good grief, Tricks. Open your eyes. Every single thread that even so much as hints at a Con scandal inevitably has someone spouting off about the Libs.

Starting to understand now?
You're point? I rarely do that. So why are you talking to me? Am I supposed to be responsible for everyone of the same political leaning?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23703
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:38 pm
 


lily wrote:
Why am I talking to you?

Um.... perhaps because you responded to one of my posts, which, incidentally, wasn't directed to you.
And instead of saying that, you carried it on....


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
Profile
Posts: 3469
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:41 pm
 


lily wrote:
There were scandals all right. But I've read through that list of 200+ and some of them are more filler than scandal.

However... please explain what Liberal scandals have to do with those of the current gov't. ;)


The Conservatives have my undying support for the next 12 years, until all the corrupt liberal politicians get tired of rotting on the sidelines and retire.

Makes sense to me.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
Profile
Posts: 3469
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:43 pm
 


cool, you are not voting liberal anymore?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23703
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:45 pm
 


lily wrote:
WTH are you going on about now, Tricks?

Go back a few posts, and ask yourself why you chose to respond as if I was talking about you personally. :roll:
Cause I felt like it? You didn't specify anyone, and you love making broad statements. So I figured I should.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
Profile
Posts: 3469
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:47 pm
 


geez the indexing on this site has been wacko all day. One of my posts is actually on a different thread. At least its another thread about politics,


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 6675
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:15 am
 


The Conservatives on this site are hilarious. The Conservatives get caught playing dirty tricks in an NDP riding. The Conservatives back down after getting caught because there's a public outcry. The Conservatives on this site blame the whole thing on the Liberals.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 15102
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:18 am
 


Rev_Blair wrote:
The Conservatives on this site are hilarious. The Conservatives get caught playing dirty tricks in an NDP riding. The Conservatives back down after getting caught because there's a public outcry. The Conservatives on this site blame the whole thing on the Liberals.
Wrong, this Conservative isn't blaming Liberals. I just don't see the problem here.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23703
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:50 am
 


Rev_Blair wrote:
The Conservatives on this site are hilarious. The Conservatives get caught playing dirty tricks in an NDP riding. The Conservatives back down after getting caught because there's a public outcry. The Conservatives on this site blame the whole thing on the Liberals.
I love the Dippers on this site. They post stupid stories and spin it to suit their personal need and make sweeping statements about the cons on this board.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
Profile
Posts: 20460
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:45 pm
 


Tricks wrote:
Rev_Blair wrote:
The Conservatives on this site are hilarious. The Conservatives get caught playing dirty tricks in an NDP riding. The Conservatives back down after getting caught because there's a public outcry. The Conservatives on this site blame the whole thing on the Liberals.
I love the Dippers on this site. They post stupid stories and spin it to suit their personal need and make sweeping statements about the cons on this board.


Sorry Tricks but you are way off. This is spot on by Rev_Blair. It is exactly the thing that the rabid anti-Libs would be screaming about yet not one is doing anything but condoning it, justifying it, or blaming the Libs.

This story is neither stupid nor is it being spun. It is yet another black mark on Harper.

I'm curious about the sweeping statements we make about the cons that aren't trumped many times over by their sweeping statements about us?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23703
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:51 pm
 


DerbyX wrote:
Sorry Tricks but you are way off. This is spot on by Rev_Blair. It is exactly the thing that the rabid anti-Libs would be screaming about yet not one is doing anything but condoning it, justifying it, or blaming the Libs.
That's a little closer. At least you didn't say Conservatives on this site. I wouldn't be screaming. I can see why they are doing it?
Quote:
This story is neither stupid nor is it being spun. It is yet another black mark on Harper.
How is this a black mark? He isn't subverting anything. He hasn't done anything wrong. The only reason he is distancing himself is because the majority of Canadians don't care, or are too stupid, and just listen to what the spinners tell them.
Quote:
I'm curious about the sweeping statements we make about the cons that aren't trumped many times over by their sweeping statements about us?
I don't like them. Never have. From either side. I might start saying something when I see it from the other side. But hey, no one listens to me anyways. What do you want me to do? :lol:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
Profile
Posts: 20460
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:00 pm
 


Quote:
That's a little closer. At least you didn't say Conservatives on this site. I wouldn't be screaming. I can see why they are doing it?


I should have named names but all the major players on her know who I mean anyway. Not all cons spend every waking moment complaining about the Libs. Obsession is an unhealthy thing eh?

Quote:
How is this a black mark? He isn't subverting anything. He hasn't done anything wrong. The only reason he is distancing himself is because the majority of Canadians don't care, or are too stupid, and just listen to what the spinners tell them.


That depends entirely on your point of view. I have no doubt that had this been done by the Libs then those same people supporting it would be condemning it. Either the actions are right or wrong. I think you would agree with that.

Quote:
I don't like them. Never have. From either side. I might start saying something when I see it from the other side. But hey, no one listens to me anyways.


Such is the way of our society. Its why mudslinging seems to work in politics. An uninformed electorate (and the bulk of our society is) sees more truth in the slander and gossip then in the issues.

Remember we all get the gov't we deserve.

Quote:
What do you want me to do?


Rise above blind partisanship and try and see your actions (your party/country/etc) through somebody else eyes.

(I'll touch more on this point when I respond to your comment corner comment. Not tonight though. I've spent almost 3 hours responding to a problem at work and I'm all in depth responsed out.)


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23703
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:25 pm
 


DerbyX wrote:
I should have named names but all the major players on her know who I mean anyway. Not all cons spend every waking moment complaining about the Libs. Obsession is an unhealthy thing eh?
Indeed.

Quote:
That depends entirely on your point of view. I have no doubt that had this been done by the Libs then those same people supporting it would be condemning it. Either the actions are right or wrong. I think you would agree with that.
I agree with the second part, not the first part. I would be supporting it had the Libs done it as well. At least I would like to think I would. I wouldn't know unless I was in that situation.

Quote:

Such is the way of our society. Its why mudslinging seems to work in politics. An uninformed electorate (and the bulk of our society is) sees more truth in the slander and gossip then in the issues.
Agreed. Which is the point I was trying to make when I said most of the Canadian population takes what they are fed as truth.

Quote:
Rise above blind partisanship and try and see your actions (your party/country/etc) through somebody else eyes.
I do try to. If you look back into the thread I said I was all prepared to jump all over Harper and the Conservatives for this. Why? Because of how I took Blair's spin. Then I stopped myself and decided to make sure I was clear on what was going on. It forced Blair to stop spinning.
Quote:
(I'll touch more on this point when I respond to your comment corner comment. Not tonight though. I've spent almost 3 hours responding to a problem at work and I'm all in depth responsed out.)
Haha, forgot I made that comment ;) Always enjoy having discussions with you Derb. You're one of the people who don't talk down to me.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23703
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:26 pm
 


lily wrote:
So why exactly is Harper distancing himself from this?
Try reading what I wrote.

Quote:
You'll never "see" anything from the other side, Tricks. ;)
Why because the people who make generalizations are never discouraged on your side just like the people on my side are never discouraged from dodging and saying the libs did worse?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23703
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:46 pm
 


lily wrote:
Quote:
Try reading what I wrote.

I did read what you wrote. I'm wondering if you did.
Wow, there is a stupid question.

Quote:
Quote:
The only reason he is distancing himself is because the majority of Canadians don't care, or are too stupid, and just listen to what the spinners tell them.

Including Harper, apparently. ;)
And there is a stupid conclusion.

Quote:
Quote:
Why because the people who make generalizations are never discouraged on your side just like the people on my side are never discouraged from dodging and saying the libs did worse?

No. And you're making generalizations again. :D
Again? And show me where one was discouraged. Then I will start doing it. Deal?


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.