Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:04 am

Seems it wasnt too long ago, when gas prices were at the very high price of 80 cents a liter,D.F. Stephen Harper, when in opposition demanded the LIBS do something to reduce the price.D.F Harper at the time demanded at the very least the LIBS eliminate the GST on gas, which he described as a tax on a tax and a windfall for the federal government.

Now with gas hitting 1.20 a liter, and the GST ( tax on a tax) creating an even bigger amount of cash for the federal government( too help fund the Afghani disaster perhaps?),D.F. Harper has gone totally silent on the issue, while fellow CONS say there is nothing that can be done to reduce the price.But do add that if you spend 30,000 dollars on a fuel efficient car they will help you out.

:D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:32 am

You don't have the 30,000 do ya!

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:28 pm

its hard to make that much money when your a communist, its just not allowed.

And he ripped out his last pair of paper pants last week. lol

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:33 pm

Rihx Rihx:
its hard to make that much money when your a communist, its just not allowed.

And he ripped out his last pair of paper pants last week. lol
In the great style of the communist himself.....all i have to say is.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:12 pm

baylee baylee:
Seems it wasnt too long ago, when gas prices were at the very high price of 80 cents a liter,D.F. Stephen Harper, when in opposition demanded the LIBS do something to reduce the price.D.F Harper at the time demanded at the very least the LIBS eliminate the GST on gas, which he described as a tax on a tax and a windfall for the federal government.

Now with gas hitting 1.20 a liter, and the GST ( tax on a tax) creating an even bigger amount of cash for the federal government( too help fund the Afghani disaster perhaps?),D.F. Harper has gone totally silent on the issue, while fellow CONS say there is nothing that can be done to reduce the price.But do add that if you spend 30,000 dollars on a fuel efficient car they will help you out.

Yeah well, no matter what the Cons around here say, he's showing himself more and more like just another politician. He claimed he was different, but he's reneged on election promises, opted for patronage, made political deals with the Bloc/NDP, and done pretty much all the BS he used to criticize Chretien and Martin for doing.

It's too bad, I thought I might go right of centre in the next election. No one seems like a good choice these days...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:50 pm

I agree Harper has not met all my expectations, but at least he's met some of them. The Liberals didn't meet any of them for 12 years, and the NDP.......I landed in this country when Bob Rae and the loony-lefties were in.

Harper still gets my vote

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:02 pm

We only have Harper because Chretien and Martin screwed up so bad , geeheheeez people voted for 5 promises :lol: while everything else was up for grabs . Get rid of both parties once and for all , start new and have a civil war to refresh the cycle of leadership .

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:07 pm

how about we disolve all the parties and have people run as individuals instead, that way people are held accountable for what they do in parliment without people holding there nose and voting for the greater party.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:08 pm

Or we could all just hug.....?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:55 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:

isn't that the point of having a civil war first ...(so we have a reason to hug)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:56 pm

Unfortunately, baylee has made a good point. A politician is a politician is a politician. None of them are good, and Harper is just another one of the clowns that run this country. They scream out against something they call "unjust and unfair for Canadians" when they are the opposition, but do nothing to fix it when they are in power.

On the flip-side, when in power, they fight tooth and nail for some policy or program, then turn against it totaly when they are ousted.

They are all crooks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:38 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:

As Ari (Jeremy Piven) would say, "Let's Hug it Out!"

Attachments:
File comment: Hug it out!
hugitout.jpg
hugitout.jpg [ 24.42 KiB | Viewed 363 times ]
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:32 pm

george123 george123:
Unfortunately, baylee has made a good point.

Not unfortunate at all.It is something very rare from most people on here.

Just look at the fixed comment

I,ve seen it before.A person raises a very good point about how Harper is just the same as the people he and RW,s have criticized in the past, and all the rw,s go silent.

Harper lies about the tortured prisoner scandal, and all the rw,s have to say is.
" the libs knew about prisoner torture"

And in this case, all the rw,s were all over the LIBS about gas prices when they were at 80 cents.Now at over a dollar ten, all the rw,s are strangely silent.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:19 pm

What I am disappointed about is the Harper lacks the grit of the yanks to emphatically reject KYOTO and AGW as what is is a leftist swindle.

The only consensus is in the media and the reality of Canada is that the media is the 3rd political party...........and the media with it's consensus.....wadda ya do.

KYOTO and AGW were the LIBRANOs hidden agenda..........

:oops:

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:03 pm

Whatever