Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:55 pm

Well if he wants to completely ruin a day of his life, and probably take 2 or 3 days off of his lifespan in the process, he's free to it. Sounds like a day of hell though.

...And yes, nothing "individualist" about any of it. In fact the chain restaurants/stores and mass marketed beer and food....it's the definition of of being a mindless Sheeple.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:03 pm

The guy on the bike going 3 blocks to work? He owns a condo worth more than your life.
He knows you're a dumbass redneck, but what makes you think he's a "leftist"?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:53 am

You don't like craft beer and quinoa!!

WTF is wrong with you? :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:04 am

He/she sounds just like all of the other PC "individualists" out there.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:51 am

andyt andyt:
Oblivious. The burbs are pullulating with masses of people doing exactly what he describes, but he calls himself Individualist.

I'm Unique--just like everybody else!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:58 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
You sound like quite the dick.

Yeah, I like him, too! [B-o]

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:51 am

"Annoy a Left-wing Urbanist Day" is going very well so far. I've already covered off many of the items I listed earlier. It's like one giant flipping of the bird to Christopher Hume, Jennifer Keesmaat, Charles Montgomery, Brent Toderian, Richard Florida and the rest of the control-freak social engineers who call themselves "urbanists".

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:01 am

So the only reason you have to live is to annoy others...

...you must really hate yourself. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:08 am

raydan raydan:

He might but I don't hate myself, I just have a lot of spare time and like seeing the loony-left heads implode. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:16 am

Ah, yes, shopping at Walmart, drinking Tim's coffee and crap beer, waddling from your car to the store (be sure to drive around the parking lot repeatedly until you find the closest space, even if you have to take a handicapped one), watching crap entertainment. The life of the suburban schlub. It doesn't get any better than this.

It's not about hating yourself, it's about lack of imagination. There's a whole life to be lived between suburban schlub and urban hipster, if you just open your mind a bit. I get the impression Raydan, that you have figured this out.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:43 am

andyt andyt:
Ah, yes, shopping at Walmart, drinking Tim's coffee and crap beer, waddling from your car to the store (be sure to drive around the parking lot repeatedly until you find the closest space, even if you have to take a handicapped one), watching crap entertainment. The life of the suburban schlub. It doesn't get any better than this.

It's not about hating yourself, it's about lack of imagination. There's a whole life to be lived between suburban schlub and urban hipster, if you just open your mind a bit. I get the impression Raydan, that you have figured this out.

If you thought you were describing me you couldn't be more wrong. :lol:
Neither an asshole city dweller nor an obnoxious suburbanite. Prefer to live "in the sticks" where a great view is the lake at the back of my property. And I can shoot skeet without some anti-gun pussy bothering me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:21 am

Me, you could say that I lean left more than right but I can shoot with the best of them, gun or bow. I walk or bike more than I drive but that's mostly to keep myself in shape and because I love to bike. I shop at chain stores, mom and pop stores and farmer's markets alike... depending on what I want and what mood I'm in... and for whatever merchandise I want... even though I tend to eat better in my old age. I rarely go to restaurants because my cooking is better and at least I know what I'm eating. I eat quinoa, but only to change things up... meat too, although less of it now. I drink craft beer, but only because it actually has taste. Fair trade, nope... I buy good coffee, no matter where it's from. I rarely watch movies now because it's mostly all crap.

I hate to have to limit myself because of some misplaced ideology... I'll try anything once, and if I like it, I'll do it again. :D

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:55 am

raydan raydan:

I think you're missing the "one day" part of this. Tomorrow morning the middle finger will return to its customary chores and I will find other things to occupy my time and thoughts. The urbanists I mentioned, on the other hand, will continue their relentless, ideologically-driven campaign to get people out of cars and single family houses in the suburbs and onto bikes and into tiny boxes in crowded high-rises.

andyt andyt:

What you're failing to see is that there are no organized groups of "suburban schlubs" tweeting at each other about how urban hipsters are living their lives wrong and need to be coerced into living on cul-de-sacs in suburban neighbourhoods. If there is an urban-suburban conflict in places like Toronto, it's not so much a war as one side sniping and lobbing shells at people who'd rather just mind their own business.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:01 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
andyt andyt:

If you thought you were describing me you couldn't be more wrong. :lol:
Neither an asshole city dweller nor an obnoxious suburbanite. Prefer to live "in the sticks" where a great view is the lake at the back of my property. And I can shoot skeet without some anti-gun pussy bothering me.

Yes, I can do the same at the lake, but don't because my elderly neighbour asked me not to. I take it out to the bush so as not to bother others!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:54 am

raydan raydan:
Me, you could say that I lean left more than right but I can shoot with the best of them, gun or bow. I walk or bike more than I drive but that's mostly to keep myself in shape and because I love to bike. I shop at chain stores, mom and pop stores and farmer's markets alike... depending on what I want and what mood I'm in... and for whatever merchandise I want... even though I tend to eat better in my old age. I rarely go to restaurants because my cooking is better and at least I know what I'm eating. I eat quinoa, but only to change things up... meat too, although less of it now. I drink craft beer, but only because it actually has taste. Fair trade, nope... I buy good coffee, no matter where it's from. I rarely watch movies now because it's mostly all crap.

I hate to have to limit myself because of some misplaced ideology... I'll try anything once, and if I like it, I'll do it again. :D

I dunno, you sound pretty left-wing urbanist to me, according to Individualist's list. Whether you do it for ideology or because you like is irrelevant, left-wing urbanist is as left-wing urbanist does. Even if they live in the country. No point in trying to deny it, be proud.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next