Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:20 am

http://www.brandonsun.com/breaking-news ... html?thx=y

R=UP
$1:
Former Conservative MP Inky Mark has announced he plans to come out of retirement and run as an Independent in the next federal election.
"The way (Prime Minister Stephen) Harper is, I don’t believe he to be much of a Conservative," Mark said. "Basically I would say it’s Harper’s party and Harper’s government. He’s gone away from many of the basic values of ‘small c’ Conservatives."
Mark represented the Dauphin-Swan River-Marquette riding (formerly Dauphin-Swan River) from 1997 to 2010.
He said one of the reasons he has decided to run was a "lack of democracy" in the riding.
"Initially I had resigned to give the riding association more than ample time to look for a new representative, through an open and honest democratic process," Mark said on Thursday morning. "Well, that never did happen … the current MP (Robert Sopuck) has been basically rubber stamped by the Prime Minister three times in a row."
Mark pledges he will re-establish 10 community support offices throughout the riding if elected.
The Brandon Sun has requested an interview with Sopuck, who is travelling with the delegation to the G20 summit in Australia.

One of the few politicians that come off as ethical. Sort of biased because I know him personally, as he and Lynda were neighbours of my parents and we share some friends. Parliament needs more sitting independents to curb the Party Pricks