bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:45 pm

Delwin wrote:
Quote:
Well, these urban cool kids are one day going to give up box-in-the-sky urbanism along with silly facial hair and Pabst Blue Ribbon.
So you get to make fun of your opponents appearance but call out ad hominems? Please explain.

Wow, I hope you didn't pull something reaching like that. If you point out which of the posters on this site have facial hair as I've described, I'll certainly apologize for offending them. Of course, I hope you're capable of distinguishing between a remark referencing a stereotypical millenial hipster and one directed as a specific participant in this forum.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:57 pm

Individualist wrote:
Delwin wrote:
Quote:
Well, these urban cool kids are one day going to give up box-in-the-sky urbanism along with silly facial hair and Pabst Blue Ribbon.
So you get to make fun of your opponents appearance but call out ad hominems? Please explain.

Wow, I hope you didn't pull something reaching like that. If you point out which of the posters on this site have facial hair as I've described, I'll certainly apologize for offending them. Of course, I hope you're capable of distinguishing between a remark referencing a stereotypical millenial hipster and one directed as a specific participant in this forum.
So the point is you are able to offend so long as you are ignorant of who you are offending? That's an interesting perspective. When you choose to make ad hominem attacks and describe someone's appearance as silly on a public forum, do you not agree that you are completely leaving yourself open to a similar attack? Or is it your perspective that you can throw insults until your ignorance is realized? I'm just thinking you are completely full of shit on this one.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:16 am

Delwin wrote:
So the point is you are able to offend so long as you are ignorant of who you are offending? That's an interesting perspective. When you choose to make ad hominem attacks and describe someone's appearance as silly on a public forum, do you not agree that you are completely leaving yourself open to a similar attack? Or is it your perspective that you can throw insults until your ignorance is realized? I'm just thinking you are completely full of shit on this one.

Okay, you've convinced me. So then, to respond in kind to your earlier post, you can shave off that douchy beard and find a better way to express your "creativity" than in how you order your coffee. Happy now?

Oh, and Beaver Fever, I'll take your advice on posting style more seriously when you actually generate some content other than your usual peanut gallery commentary on other posters.