Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:22 am

I think a Harper majority in protest of the Cretien government makes more sense than a Cretien majority in protest of Mulroney.

Why?, the liberal vote isn't split. Cretien got elected a second time because there was no other choice, we can always re-elect the liberals after the Harper government has done what we need him for.

So I say we give Harper a longer leash to fix the problems that the liberals are refusing to fix.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:26 am

Aging_Redneck Aging_Redneck:
I think a Harper majority in protest of the Cretien government makes more sense than a Cretien majority in protest of Mulroney.

Why?, the liberal vote isn't split. Cretien got elected a second time because there was no other choice, we can always re-elect the liberals after the Harper government has done what we need him for.

So I say we give Harper a longer leash to fix the problems that the liberals are refusing to fix.

Good luck with that.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:27 am

Thank you.

Good luck with the NDP, too.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:33 am

Thank you.

Good luck with the NDP, too.

Heh, I know the NDP won't win more than fourth party status. You'll have to try and cope with another minority, if that. Unless something major happens, I think it's more likely that Dion will get a minority than Harper will get a majority. The only thing that's certain is there'll be no Dion majority.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:37 am

I'm ok with another Harper minority if neccessary, the Harper list of acomplishments are incredible. Way better than the Martin minority government.

Dion is not a leader, if he wins a minority, it'll be one of the shortest minority governments in history.....then Harper will get his majority. Much like the Joe clark minority government paved the way for a Trudeau majority.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:39 am

In some ways, it would hurt the Liberal party tremendously if Dion manages to get elected, because that would keep Dion as party leader. Dion is not a leader.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:46 am

I'm ok with another Harper minority if neccessary, the Harper list of acomplishments are incredible. Way better than the Martin minority government.

Dion is not a leader, if he wins a minority, it'll be one of the shortest minority governments in history.....then Harper will get his majority. Much like the Joe clark minority government paved the way for a Trudeau majority.

In some ways, it would hurt the Liberal party tremendously if Dion manages to get elected, because that would keep Dion as party leader. Dion is not a leader.

Yay, we got a watered-down accountability act, an attempt at unilateral senate reform, and tax cuts. W00-frikkin-00t.

The Clark minority was an aberration. From the Trudeau government pre-Clark, to the one post-Clark, the Liberals had a better popular vote. Clark won more seats on the funny happenings of our SMP system. The current situation is far different.

Are you willing to risk that? Certainly there's no disputing that his record so far is less than stellar, but if he got into the PM's chair, who knows what could happen.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:05 am

hurley_108 hurley_108:
Yay, we got a watered-down accountability act, an attempt at unilateral senate reform, and tax cuts. W00-frikkin-00t.

More gay, minority, immigrant, woman’s rights, and less Canadian rights. That’s why your party will be nothing but a laughing stock of the parliament. But you already know that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:17 am

Uhh... No, it isn't time for a Harper majority, and there will never be a time for a Harper majority.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:47 am

When Harper doesn't get a majority next time around you can blame it on the Liberals.

hwacker hwacker:
More gay, minority, immigrant, woman’s rights, and less Canadian rights. That’s why your party will be nothing but a laughing stock of the parliament. But you already know that.

Ah, nevermind, you already are blaming it on the Liberals.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:56 pm

Logically everything bad can be laid on the LIBRANOs..

Surplus? By cutting transfers and increasing gutting the military.

Mulrooney brought in the GST....Cretin got elected to scrap it....so the LIBRANOs carry the GST can too.

1000 LIBRANOs on the bottom of Lake on Ontario? A start but not a good one.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:15 pm

1000 Liberals on the bottom of Lake ont......huray!!!

1000 liberals..........are probably voting CPC in the next election.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:20 pm

The CBC would never allow it.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:29 pm

CBC = cash, bring cash

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:29 pm

Chretien has been gone for a long time now. You might wanna get over it.