CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Not a single post in 3 years.. am i looking in the wrong place or is there just not much interest in Liberal points of view?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:16 am

Perhaps everyone's too caught up in the charade of a leadership race going on at the federal level. Once the Dauphin's been crowned, and the federal party starts actually articulating policies, there will be actual stuff to debate on forums like this.

Of course, judging by the fawning attention the Toronto-centred MSM is paying to this non-contest for the leadership of the third-place party, you'd think Justin was already Prime Minister. Such is the lingering (if diminished) power of the Laurentian elites.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:49 am

jambo101 jambo101:
Not a single post in 3 years.. am i looking in the wrong place or is there just not much interest in Liberal points of view?

I think you're looking in the wrong place. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:55 am

I'm looking in the Canadian politcs, Liberal Party section.

Certainly does seem like the media is putting the crown on Trudeau's head no matter who else is running,
I thought Garneau was the man for the job but i guess even he got fed up with this undeserved adulation for Trudeau,personally i think the kid is wet behind the ears and hasnt done a thing to earn the title of leader of the Liberal party..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:15 am

jambo101 jambo101:
I thought Garneau was the man for the job but i guess even he got fed up with this undeserved adulation for Trudeau

Where did you get that idea?

$1:
Asked by reporters about how he could now support Trudeau after he had criticized his vagueness about policy, Garneau replied, " I've been very constructive in this leadership race, and I've always believed in a rigourous race and I think that's a perfectly good thing. And Justin has risen to the occasion."

All along, Garneau has been wary about revealing how many supporters he had personally signed up, and how much money he has been fundraising, other than to say it would be revealed "in due course."

However the claim from the Trudeau camp that its campaign has garnered more than 160,000 supporters was an indicator of how far Trudeau has pulled ahead of other candidates, as well as the amount of money he has raised.

Elections Canada reported on its website last month that Trudeau had fundraised in excess of $600,000. Since then, estimates have ranged from $1 million to $2 million, far more than he needs to run his campaign. The excess money will be funnelled back to the Liberal Party.

On Wednesday, Garneau, a former Navy captain, described himself as a "loyal soldier" who would be happy to support Justin Trudeau as Liberal leader. "You're going to see my face around for a long time," Garneau said.

Trudeau has lead this race from the beginning, on all counts. Supporters, fund raising, media attention, etc.

Garneau is better off in a cabinet position than leader of the opposition. He knows that.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:17 am

jambo101 jambo101:

Just because a sub-forum exists doesn't mean that people will post there.

There are plenty of posts about the Liberals in other sub-forums. :wink:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:12 pm

None of the party sub-forums are very active anymore. They are not public forums, you have to join one of the political party forum groups to gain access to post in the forums. These sub-forums were created and used before the days of Facebook groups and such, its not a reflection of any one parties interest level, all the sub-forums are inactive.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Curtman Curtman:
Garneau is better off in a cabinet position than leader of the opposition. He knows that.

That's not an either/or. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Curtman Curtman:

Your forgot the "SHADOW" part in your statement. :D

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Curtman Curtman:

He also forgot that the Liberals aren't the official opposition... yet. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:07 am

Jonny_C Jonny_C:
Curtman Curtman:

He also forgot that the Liberals aren't the official opposition... yet. :D

So would that make it a "SHADOW, SHADOW" cabinet? [huh]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:52 am

It's like double secret probation. Stand by for the parliamentary toga party!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:03 am

Unsound Unsound:

It's like double secret probation. Stand by for the parliamentary toga party!

TOGA.......... TOGA............. TOGA..............

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:06 pm

jambo101 jambo101:

Certainly does seem like the media is putting the crown on Trudeau's head no matter who else is running,
I thought Garneau was the man for the job but i guess even he got fed up with this undeserved adulation for Trudeau,personally i think the kid is wet behind the ears and hasnt done a thing to earn the title of leader of the Liberal party..

What's really interesting and seemingly going over the heads of the boomers who think of Justin as the Second Coming is that he's running as a centrist Liberal, more John Manley than Lester Pearson.

Justin stating categorically that he won't stick it to Alberta and the West and criticizing Mulcair for wanting to do so must have old Pierre doing some serious RPMs wherever he was planted. That is, unless Justin really is a chip off the old block and pulling his own version of "Wage and price controls? What a dumb idea! I'd NEVER do that."