CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:05 am

There are no completely impartial media outlets in this country.

But the media is way more left leaning than in the US for example.

Especially the TV arena.

The CRTC no doubt has a lot to do with that!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:10 am

BurytheNDPforgood BurytheNDPforgood:
There are no completely impartial media outlets in this country.

But the media is way more left leaning than in the US for example.

Especially the TV arena.

The CRTC no doubt has a lot to do with that!

Our media is more left leaning then the US you say? Probably right. Mind you , our country is more left leaning then the US.

I hear alot of cons say that its the "liberal media" that defeats them but I think far more Canadians pay more attention to certain issues then "biased media".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:21 am

I have to disagree with you.

On here there are some well informed people. When I listen to chat shows it's the same.

The majority of Canadians are apathetic and easily swayed by the media we have in this country.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:28 am

On here there are some well informed people. When I listen to chat shows it's the same.

The majority of Canadians are apathetic and easily swayed by the media we have in this country.

So the majority of Canadians are swayed by only the superficial gloss of each party? Then BS mudslinging works and no party should be condemmed because of it.

I disagree with you though. There has been massive media coverage of "liberal scandals" yet they still hold the majority of support. Something else is at work and the answer is in what the parties stand for. The CPC simply does not represent what the majority of CDNs want and its mostly on the social issues.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:18 am

DerbyX DerbyX:

So the majority of Canadians are swayed by only the superficial gloss of each party? Then BS mudslinging works and no party should be condemmed because of it.

I disagree with you though. There has been massive media coverage of "liberal scandals" yet they still hold the majority of support. Something else is at work and the answer is in what the parties stand for. The CPC simply does not represent what the majority of CDNs want and its mostly on the social issues.

Yes, but Canadians had already had years of social conditioning by the left of centre, and years of fearmongering.

The Gomery Scandal is very recent, and there are reasons they haven't responded to it as much. The fearmongering by the Libs about the Tories is made bigger than it should be in the media, and the average Canadian does not pay enough attention and does not think for his/herself enough.

Take same sex marriage for instance. The media always say that it shouldn't be an issue, yet they make it an issue. Then they go to Harper and fearmonger. The public eat it up. Reminds me of sheep.

There is no way the Tories would change the same sex marriage laws, unless it was put to a free vote in the house, which it should have been in the first place. They would be committing political suicide.

Yet we are told in the media, day in day out, that Harper has a hidden agenda on that issue as well as abortion. Pure fearmongering.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:18 am

if you have the time to have kids, you have the time to pay and look after it!
can't afford it? don't have it!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:27 am

CrazyCanuck007 CrazyCanuck007:
if you have the time to have kids, you have the time to pay and look after it!
can't afford it? don't have it!

Exactly

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:39 am

Yes, but Canadians had already had years of social conditioning by the left of centre, and years of fearmongering.

The Gomery Scandal is very recent, and there are reasons they haven't responded to it as much. The fearmongering by the Libs about the Tories is made bigger than it should be in the media, and the average Canadian does not pay enough attention and does not think for his/herself enough.

Take same sex marriage for instance. The media always say that it shouldn't be an issue, yet they make it an issue. Then they go to Harper and fearmonger. The public eat it up. Reminds me of sheep.

There is no way the Tories would change the same sex marriage laws, unless it was put to a free vote in the house, which it should have been in the first place. They would be committing political suicide.

Yet we are told in the media, day in day out, that Harper has a hidden agenda on that issue as well as abortion. Pure fearmongering.

Uhhhh, no! Social conditioning? Bollocks. If that were true then anything the west believes was because of they're social conditioning. Ad naseum..... Works both ways. You are like you are because of your sccial conditioning. We all are so the majority wins out. Liberal.

SSM eh? harper F*cked his campaing the moment he said "free vote". Hint:

Freedom to choose is not a votable issue. Can't you ons understand that? Gays can mnarry and call it marriage. The only opposition comes from bigotted religious viewpoints and they don't matter. Lets move on.

Fearmongering is just a con buzzword that means "they don't see things our way.". Its a cop out and an excuse. The truth is that the CPC platform is both bigotted and flawed and does not appeal to a majority of CDNs. That is why they are not getting the support. The problem is them, not the voters.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:49 am

DerbyX DerbyX:

Uhhhh, no! Social conditioning? Bollocks. If that were true then anything the west believes was because of they're social conditioning. Ad naseum..... Works both ways. You are like you are because of your sccial conditioning. We all are so the majority wins out. Liberal.

SSM eh? harper F*cked his campaing the moment he said "free vote". Hint:

Freedom to choose is not a votable issue. Can't you ons understand that? Gays can mnarry and call it marriage. The only opposition comes from bigotted religious viewpoints and they don't matter. Lets move on.

Fearmongering is just a con buzzword that means "they don't see things our way.". Its a cop out and an excuse. The truth is that the CPC platform is both bigotted and flawed and does not appeal to a majority of CDNs. That is why they are not getting the support. The problem is them, not the voters.

You're in such denial. Martin says he personally wrestled with this issue before proceeding with the legislation. But he didn't let his own caucas do the same, he made it a vote on party lines.

You're missing the point anyway, which is that there should either be a free vote in the Commons or a Referendum on the issue.

And BTW, he didn fcuk his campaign when he brought it up, he got it out there early on.

Martin has brought it up again today, to fearmonger, as they have already spent our money on promises and are obviously not getting good signs from their own polling. Also, probably to deflect some attention from Stephen Reid.

Interesting that you go on about bigoted religious nuts (I am agnostic, btw), but you think it's quite ok for the PM to push through legislation that is far from favoured by a convincing majority of Canadians.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:02 pm

$1:
You're in such denial. Martin says he personally wrestled with this issue before proceeding with the legislation. But he didn't let his own caucas do the same, he made it a vote on party lines.

So what? He made the honourable choice and made sure the liberal party lived up to its ideals. No denial there.

$1:
You're missing the point anyway, which is that there should either be a free vote in the Commons or a Referendum on the issue.

No you have missed the point. Should we have a referendum on womens right to vote? How about blacks? I see it as just the same thing. Its a basic human right and not subject to any vote. To oppose SSM is to oppose human rights. There is no ambiguity.

$1:
And BTW, he didn fcuk his campaign when he brought it up, he got it out there early on.

Ya! Thats why his support in the east dropped. Are you not following the campaigns? Explain why he still cannot garner support despite the massive airplay of lib scandals. It is not because we are sheep. Thats just an excuse.

$1:
Martin has brought it up again today, to fearmonger, as they have already spent our money on promises and are obviously not getting good signs from their own polling. Also, probably to deflect some attention from Stephen Reid.

And the holy cons are innocent of that eh? :roll: He should bring it up. He should bring it up everyday until the cons abandon their attempt to destroy basic human rights in Canada.

$1:
Interesting that you go on about bigoted religious nuts (I am agnostic, btw), but you think it's quite ok for the PM to push through legislation that is far from favoured by a convincing majority of Canadians.

Then you are not an alliance member. Gay rights are a basic right regardless if a majority of CDNs support it. They didn't have a majority for women votes or desegregation either. Who cares. Its a basic right. N'uff said.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:05 pm

How did a thread on daycare get to SSM?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:12 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
How did a thread on daycare get to SSM?

Methodically & logically. Read along and see how.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:00 pm

My point I tried to make earlier is that if you went back 30 or 40 years and asked Canadians how to provide daycare for kids, you might have heard more of debate on who should pay for it other than "the government". The piece I watched on CBC - no one, not one person even broached the idea that this was not a government responsibility. The debate was on how government will do it, not if or why.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:19 pm

Sorry folks, I don't agree with either Martin or Harpers plan. My wife and I decided to have children, we decided what type of day care to put them into. We decided what we were willing to SACRIFICE for the sake of our children. It is all about choice, choose to have children or not, choose to stay at home with them or enroll them in a daycare. It is not the governments job to raise your children, it's yours!

The last thing I want out of ANY government is another nationally run/funded program. Whatever they claim it will cost will end up being overrun by upwards of 1000%. They will not be open on statutory holidays, weekends or past 5:00 pm, thus preventing over 95% of the population from benefitting from their services. Is this what people honestly want? Have we become a nation of hand-out dependant suckups?

Sorry folks, suck it up and carry on. I paid to raise my children, you pay to raise yours! :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:21 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Sorry folks, I don't agree with either Martin or Harpers plan. My wife and I decided to have children, we decided what type of day care to put them into. We decided what we were willing to SACRIFICE for the sake of our children. It is all about choice, choose to have children or not, choose to stay at home with them or enroll them in a daycare. It is not the governments job to raise your children, it's yours!

The last thing I want out of ANY government is another nationally run/funded program. Whatever they claim it will cost will end up being overrun by upwards of 1000%. They will not be open on statutory holidays, weekends or past 5:00 pm, thus preventing over 95% of the population from benefitting from their services. Is this what people honestly want? Have we become a nation of hand-out dependant suckups?

Sorry folks, suck it up and carry on. I paid to raise my children, you pay to raise yours! :evil:
Excellent PDT_Armataz_01_37

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 9  Next