CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:28 pm

[web]http://thetyee.ca/Views/2006/03/03/NDPandLibs/[/web]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:39 pm

I figure since the right disintegrated and reformed it has to be the lefts turn now.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:34 am

Although I would like to see the cons defeated. I hope it doens't come to this, I hope these 2 parties don't have to merge. Thenw we are pretty much down to a US 2 party system.

ha, but the way the conservative government has gone so far, I don't think there is much of a worry at this point!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:31 am

Too many differences between the Libs and NDP.

The Liberals are for big business just like the Conservatives...it's their moral values that differ.

The NDP is a party for the working people which makes me wonder why they don't have more success considering the majority of Canadians are working class people. In a broad sense, if you have a boss you are the working class....

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:11 am

The reason the NDP hasn't done better is because they have proven themselves utterly incapable of running an economy in several provinces. Bob Rae's Ontarian NDP crashed, Glen Clark's mess in British Columbia. The only province where they have done well is in Saskatchewan, and with Saskatchewan's new development in the potash mines and gas and oil, it is nearly impossible not to.

Also, the NDP's close ties with unions makes people uncomfortable.

And for good reason.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:32 pm

Im not to keen on that myself either. There are some fundamental differences there that cant really be combined. I always like having a lot of options. At least having some candidates that arent spewing the same crap over and over again makes you think a little before you throw away your vote :)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:03 pm

Potential Liberal leadership candidates test support at N.S. meeting

$1:
"Canadians don't trust the NDP with their money and Canadians don't trust the Conservatives with their rights," Brison said.

Canadians don't trust the Liberals with their military.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:21 pm

When I first saw this

$1:
Curing dysfunction

I thought it said Curling dysfunction.

Yak, yak, yak.

The Left hates the Tories.

Do anything to stop them!

The Tories hate Canada!

We get it!

Here's an idea.

Why don't the Liberals merge with the NDP. When they run elections, they'll bash all the things the Tories do. And when they get elected, they won't actually change anything the Tories did. They'll take lots of money from corporations. Then they'll cut taxes, cut social spending, cut the deficit, and sign free trade agreements. They'll appoint their cronies to the Senate and other partake in massive patronage. They'll barely win a Quebec referendum on sovereignty. Then, they'll fork over millions of dollars to their buddies in Quebec, with no receipts required, preferably in brown paper bags underneath tables. And the name of the new party will be called "The Liberals".

Good idea!

Go for it Lefties!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:52 pm

I think the artical smells a little like propoganda and real twisting of reality .
I don't want to reapeat what Toro said but yes he is quite right about the actions of both part'ehs , I like to believe the NDPs service plays a valuable role in equalizing the playing field from poor to rich Canadians . I think a good example was made in respects to that by the Liberals for taking the initiative of $4 billion to honor Jacks housing projects . Regarding the liberals ...well they are going to have to come to reality about what Liberate really means . In my opinion it means " Freeing the people from the grips of others which may oppress Canadians " and that would be along the lines of Diefenbakers objectives . If the Liberals can do this without crony feeding or best described by Toro as "BROWN PAPER BAGGING " then I would have more respect for them . Meanwhile I'm so detered I'm almost willing to start all over again with ADAM AND EVE (The Green Party ) Just to get a little Diefenbaker Going on here .....because Nafta WTO etc etc has no face on it when it comes to Liberation .

hmmm...... that sounded like a Rant :oops:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:00 pm

It sounds pretty good, but both parties don't see eye to eye! The New Liberal Democratic Party has a good ring to it! :)