CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8723
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:22 am
 


Here's a new poll, with a dubious headline about "growing support" in BC. Interesting in that if you look at the details, all this threat bullshit isn't doing much. Still pretty much split 50/50.
What to look at is the court reference. If BC loses the court reference, 69% of responders said "give up". Got that? Over two thirds support, not a couple percent.
So we gonna continue the bullshit or get to it?
B.C. new poll


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 31526
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:40 am
 


BC will eventually realize in not wanting our oil, they actually need our oil. That, or they have to lay down some pipelines to the US to get their oil to make gasoline.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33831

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:19 am
 


DrCaleb wrote:
BC will eventually realize in not wanting our oil, they actually need our oil. That, or they have to lay down some pipelines to the US to get their oil to make gasoline.


I'm sure the Greenies would be quite happy at $2 a litre.

Then they can lecture everyone about how moral they are, and you are nothing
but a gas luvin sinner, and buy an electric car.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13110
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:32 am
 


herbie wrote:
Quote:
But cut down drastically on our market share given that Asia isn't interested in buying refined oil.

Now who told you that shit? They aren't interested in buying crude oil? That's what everyone else sells them!
As for completely refining it, what do you think they're doing with the stuff for the Gulf Coast? Refining it and exporting gas and diesel.
Don't even need to export it in BCs case, the market here would consume 100% of it.

They want to EXPORT because they get a little more for dilbit than they do here. The royalties collected will increase because of the VOLUME of production, not WHO buys it.
If they refined it here, they'd get A LOT more profit per barrel. The volume would still go up and earn more royalties and they'd collect GST and PST and excises as well. YOU would see lower prices than importing gas & diesel and more jobs.
They're short selling us. They're telling you the ONLY way is to get the LEAST, and you're buying it?


For arguments sake, shipping crude may already be a moot point because as you so succinctly put it they're being supplied by other sources and probably don't need our refined crude. Well that and the fact that the genius's who put Northern Gateway in the ditch likely just blew any chance of sending refined crude to the Chinese. So like you said they got it from someone else and now they only thing they want from us is the cheaper bitumen that they can refine down in their new coking plants. So, it would appear that the crude oil market ship for us has sailed especially since we have a very limited refining capacity to turn bitumen into crude and remember that nobody wants the emissions from turning bitumen into crude in their, village, hamlet, town, City, Province or even Country except the Chinese who apparently could give a shit because they can get it cheap.

Quote:
Nor is the company’s hotly contested Northern Gateway pipeline to Canada’s West Coast restricted to shipping diluted bitumen, he points out. The project is designed to carry 525,000 barrels of oil sands-derived crude every day for export from a new marine terminal at Kitimat, British Columbia.

[b]Nearly half of the initial volumes would consist of refinery-ready synthetic crude oil, according to the project’s telephone book-sized construction application to the National Energy Board
. Enbridge expects that proportion would necessarily change as forecast oil sands production outstrips domestic upgrading capacity, giving Chinese companies – as well as those in neighboring markets – a grace period to changeover existing refineries to handle a heavier, sour product.[/b]


https://www.albertaoilmagazine.com/2012 ... e-in-asia/


But in case you don't believe me here's the real reason China wants our crude.

Quote:
Alberta advantage is cheap oil

Canada's production is expected to grow more slowly in the coming years, while production in the U.S. will probably accelerate in the Trump era. But what will help Canadian oil keep its place in the market is the lower cost. Western Canadian Select traded at a $13 discount to West Texas Intermediate last week. That differential fluctuates, but still makes a difference to countries like China and India that need to import a lot of oil every day.

"Asian refineries are becoming more and more adapted to heavy crudes," said Pickering. "And you can see this through the increasing import of oil from Latin America, from Venezuela and Mexico.

"I think Asian refineries are chomping at the bit for Canadian oil."


http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada- ... -1.3966340


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13110
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:35 am
 


DrCaleb wrote:



Attachment:
30706701_1576143032492295_796704781161725952_n.png
30706701_1576143032492295_796704781161725952_n.png [ 192.21 KiB | Viewed 393 times ]


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 31526
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:47 am
 


Saskatchewan prepares to join Alberta in restricting oil exports to B.C.

Ruh Ro Raggy!


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8723
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:26 pm
 


Quote:
Well that and the fact that the genius's who put Northern Gateway in the ditch likely just blew any chance of sending refined crude to the Chinese

I see you actually don't give a flying fuck about any environmental concern whatsoever do you? And now you're going to make up "alternative facts" to boot?


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8723
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:27 pm
 


herbie wrote:
Quote:
Well that and the fact that the genius's who put Northern Gateway in the ditch likely just blew any chance of sending refined crude to the Chinese

I see you actually don't give a flying fuck about any environmental concern whatsoever do you? And now you're going to make up "alternative facts" to boot?


As for your meme, the stupid are the ones that don't realize Alberta's shut off threat is even more likely to lose in Court than Horgan's last gasp effort.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27484
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:37 pm
 


That's a pretty brave prediction given that the precedent was set back in the early 1980's when Alberta quite legally shut off the taps as it is allowed to by the constitution.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20727
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:19 pm
 


herbie wrote:
herbie wrote:
Quote:
Well that and the fact that the genius's who put Northern Gateway in the ditch likely just blew any chance of sending refined crude to the Chinese

I see you actually don't give a flying fuck about any environmental concern whatsoever do you? And now you're going to make up "alternative facts" to boot?


As for your meme, the stupid are the ones that don't realize Alberta's shut off threat is even more likely to lose in Court than Horgan's last gasp effort.


Nobody's going to shut off anything - product will still flow through the KM pipeline. The difference is that it will be bitumen that Parkland cannot refine, instead of refined fuels and light oil that it can refine.

Quote:
One way to hurt B.C. consumers without simultaneously shooting Alberta in the foot would be to stop shipping gasoline and diesel through Trans Mountain and use the pipeline exclusively to pump diluted bitumen. This would have the same effect on prices at B.C. gas stations, since it would effectively cut off the province’s supply of Albertan refined products. Diluted bitumen is purely an export product; the Burnaby Refinery can’t process it. Meanwhile, with thousands of barrels more diluted bitumen flowing out of Alberta, it would mean more profitability for the oil sector.


http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/cou ... ff-the-oil

:idea:


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1772
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:59 pm
 


The new poll found 54 per cent of those asked in B.C. are in favour of the project, while 38 per cent are opposed to it. Compare this to February when 48 per cent were in favour and 40 per cent were opposed.

On the national level, support for the pipeline is also growing. Almost two thirds of those polls say the B.C. government is wrong to try and block the pipeline, up to 64 per cent from 55 per cent two months ago.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4151592/s...eline-dispute/


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8723
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:37 pm
 


And I'm discovering why the simple one liners are all people post.
Three times I try to write something serious and lengthy today, and BLINK the whole damn page long thing disappears cuz a sleeve button breathed on the fucking laptop PC touchpad.
Ya'd think I'd learn to rip the connector right out of it (never use PC touchpads anyway) or post from my Macbook.

Mowich: I pointed out the 69% part. Over and done, finished easiest thing part. 69% makes the bragged about increase a gone up by a red-you-know-what in comparison.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13110
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:39 pm
 


herbie wrote:
Quote:
Well that and the fact that the genius's who put Northern Gateway in the ditch likely just blew any chance of sending refined crude to the Chinese

I see you actually don't give a flying fuck about any environmental concern whatsoever do you? And now you're going to make up "alternative facts" to boot?


The only thing I really don't give a flying fuck about is your ill informed opinion on why the Chinese want Canadian bitumen. [B-o]

But, please feel free to show me where my facts are alternative or lies? I showed you links to back up my statements and all you've done is spout your biased opinion which, pretty much means that you have no facts to back up your argument or are just using more of the world famous inaccurate and delusional assertions from the anti pipeline crowd.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9289

Warnings: (40%)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:59 pm
 


DrCaleb wrote:

How will Horgan and the Environmental Hypocrites like them apples? :lol:


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8723
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:58 pm
 


Quote:
But, please feel free to show me where my facts are alternative or lies?

The Enbridge plan was for one pipe to deliver dilbit to the coast, a smaller one to deliver he dilutent to Alberta. If there was any more crude to push through a pipe, push it through KM and 10% of the protestors would stop whining.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.