canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:16 am

MacDonaill MacDonaill:
A highway doesn't invalidate the mandate of Parliament, or th Supreme Court.
Yeah, but what about a highway and a driver's license, hmm? How can our sovereignty ever survive?

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:22 am

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
MacDonaill MacDonaill:
A highway doesn't invalidate the mandate of Parliament, or th Supreme Court.
Yeah, but what about a highway and a driver's license, hmm? How can our sovereignty ever survive?

Even though I do sense the sarcasm here, it reminds me of another thing.

The drivers licence thing is even more difficult. First off, let me say that I'm against it. Vive la diversité! However, even if the States adopt a common drivers licence, Canada would have a very hard time doing it. And that's because each province has total control over its own licensing. The provinces, especially Québec, do not have a strong reputation for giving up their jurisdiction over anything. The federal government cannot force them to sign onto some common licence deal, which means these secret licence agreement people would have to negotiate separately with all 10 provinces, plus the fed for the territories.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:28 pm

MacDonaill MacDonaill:
djakeydd djakeydd:
MacDonaill MacDonaill:
I am against any union of Canada with any country, especially the US and Mexico.

But I also think a lot of this is much ado about nothing. The US population, first off, would never accept their political union with Mexico. And as for the US and Canada, it just cannot happen. Neither population wants it. This 'conspiracy' if it's real, would have to go public some time, and when it does, the party or parties coming out in favour of it will have committed political suicide.

I can tell you, this mid continent trade corridor that the manitoba speaker alludes to, is all about the "deep integration" of three countries. Call it what you want, it is the end of our sovereignty. That is why our venerable "leaders" feel the need to constantly deny it.

No it's not the end of our sovereignty. At worst, it's an expensive, nearly useless highway - another entry/exit point into the country for the transfer of merchandise from Mexico.

A highway doesn't invalidate the mandate of Parliament, or the Supreme Court. No government willingly makes itself redundant. You can expect Ottawa to do everything in its power to retain just that: its power.

It's good to be concerned about our sovereignty. I think, for example, our cultural sovereignty is the one really threatened by deeper integration with the US. That's the battle to fight. Our political sovereignty is evident. Our cultural sovereignty disappears a little all the time.

Afraid I cannot agree with you that this superhighway will be useless. It serves the elites purpose of literally splitting the U.S. into two parts - don't ask me what the point of that is, maybe to further polarize and divide the country - as if George Bush has not done a good enough job :roll: . This road will not be user friendly for joe schmo going on a vacation either, their will be very few off ramps and the car lanes will be in the centre of the highway system. The corporate elite do not spend billions on a project that will not earn them huge dividends. This whole nafta shit is all about corporate profit and erasing sovereignty, so they can further steamroller the sheople and do whatever the hell they want - when they want and bring in as much cheap 3rd world labor (under the radar) as possible to work in their sweatshops. I can just see the bus loads of mexicans and 3rd world refugees travelling to the factory ghettos. I hear that some spanish outfit is building the first part of this abortion road through Texas (maybe the whole thing), that's just great, more offshoring and outsourcing :roll: .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:07 pm

The "superhighway" already exists, you do realize, right? It's called Interstate 35 for most of the way.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:13 pm

The nafta highway is going to envelope interstate 35, it is to be a limited access, 10 lane, quarter mile wide abortion from hell. But I'm sure it will be very environmentally friendly :roll:, you know, mow down several hundred thousand acres of farmland and wetlands - who needs birds.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:36 pm

djakeydd djakeydd:
It serves the elites purpose of literally splitting the U.S. into two parts - don't ask me what the point of that is, maybe to further polarize and divide the country
You assume the purpose is to split the country in half, yet immediately confess you don't know the purpose?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:04 pm

Lets just say that imho, splitting the country is the ancillary purpose. The main purpose or motiviation is to cement the super state and the fufillment of corporate greed, not that satiating that greed is even possible, but that is a big part of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:08 pm

djakeydd djakeydd:
Lets just say that imho, splitting the country is the ancillary purpose. The main purpose or motiviation is to cement the super state and the fufillment of corporate greed, not that satiating that greed is even possible, but that is a big part of it.

You mean the "man"?

Man you guys are funny.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:15 pm

djakeydd djakeydd:
This day and age I'm no more 'connected' to someone living on the other side of my province than someone living on the other side of the country - what they hell is a physical highway going to do to destroy the unity of a nation?

Go ahead and be scared of whatever nonsense you want, I'm just trying to explain why nobody takes you seriously.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:19 pm

I am not in the least bit scared by this, I will be laughing at all the people eating crow when it comes to pass, that's all. Also, since when did you get elected spokesman for everyone? By the way, how do you like the logo on that NC drivers licence, sweet eh?

Last edited by djakeydd on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:26 pm

djakeydd djakeydd:
I am not in the least bit scared by this, I will be laughing at all the people eating crow when it comes to pass, that's all. Also, since when did you get elected spokesman for everyone? By the way, did you sign up for your new NAU drivers licence yet?
Uh huh - I think you're finished.

Thanks for playing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:36 pm

Funny guy - at least you're finally addressing this topic with the level of respect it actually deserves, instead of reasonably addressing the points I raised.

(deleting posts now, I see - for those following along djakeydd's response was something along the lines of, "I know you are but what am I, you have no life")

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:42 pm

I've posted a link on this site about Alex Jones's movie End Game. It's all about the North American union and globalization....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25yhygUkecE

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:57 pm

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
Funny guy - at least you're finally addressing this topic with the level of respect it actually deserves, instead of reasonably addressing the points I raised.

(deleting posts now, I see - for those following along djakeydd's response was something along the lines of, "I know you are but what am I, you have no life")

I didnt delete the post, anyway you seem to have a disproportionate amount of time to spend posting on here, which leads me to think you don't have a life. As I said, I am not sure who elected you everyones spokesman. I think a few people can read between the lines of bullshit that emit from Harper and his band of buffoons. I posted the link to the manitoba legislature where the speaker admits that a NAU corridor is in the works, going all the way to Churchill. If you like I will repost it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:17 am

stemmer stemmer:
I've posted a link on this site about Alex Jones's movie End Game. It's all about the North American union and globalization....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25yhygUkecE
see the 9/11 foiler thread to find out about Jones.He's an idiot at best and surely not an expert on anything....unless someone can enlighten me?

Dont tell me,you bought the book right? Fuck! I'm in the wrong line of work,I should be fleecing the sheep like Jone's,Madden and Griffen.People like you are ripe for the pickens!

If I would have known there would be so many brain dead people at this stage of my life I would have taken some head courses in school as theres obviously big bucks to be made from the nutbars.

Jheesh,buy my book...ok ok ok! master,whatever you say.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next